Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-18-2015, 06:14 AM   #166
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Well... For me that teaser is a very good sign.

I am not even close to thinking about buying the full frame when it hits the market, but hey! Let's imagine Pentax releases a faulty FF Body this atumn. See what hapens? Pentax will lost the rest of its reputation, sells of everything including sport optics will drop dramatically and we will all have to buy camera from a different brand in the future. Typical NSU Ro80 type of story.

FF body is so anticipated that they can't afford to release it until it's build like tank.

You know what does it look when Ferrari launches their all new supercar? They make a special website for it. And Ricoh decided to do the same thing. I think it might be a good sign. I think that launch of the FF will mark the moment in which Pentax will have their own website. Why did they bother to create all new pentax.com address when they could simply add the FF news in the news section on Ricoh page?

09-18-2015, 06:16 AM   #167

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
They told me it would come before 2016. I dont know what has happen. Will make them answer!
As was I, Kenspo.....I think Pentax have just lost my money I have saved up!!
09-18-2015, 06:19 AM   #168
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Hmmm... I think I just got upgraded to clairvoyant...

09-18-2015, 06:21 AM   #169

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Indeed. When asked by Digital Camera Watch about the reasons for this postponement, the Ricoh spokesman said he was "not able to answer."

http://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20150918_721873.html

I don't see many Western spokespersons doing so...
I'm not so sure about the Japanese corporate world, but I don't think this is usual. Have you ever seen Canon or Nikon saying like that before?

Even Pentax clearly stated that the delay of the 70-200mm lens is due to "required design change in order to achieve the extremely high quality of the star lens".

New availability date for HD PENTAX-D FA? 70-200mmF2.8ED DC AW. - RICOH IMAGING UK LTD.

There must be a reason that they don't want to make public. Or they may think that they don't have to say it because they haven't promised the release date.

09-18-2015, 06:23 AM   #170

My plan if they released this year, I will only buy it next year. So it is delayed again, I wish they bring something spectacular, problem-free, and can keep up with the competitors. It is very hard to find the room for the new players now, as Sony and Canon are competing so fiercely.
09-18-2015, 06:24 AM - 2 Likes   #171
Veteran Member

Meanwhile, Sony groupies...

Last edited by mrNewt; 09-18-2015 at 06:43 AM.
09-18-2015, 06:34 AM   #172
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I wrote about some of these things on this forum. Collapsing Japanese market and the just 1 % marketshare outside of Japan. The slowing down of the Chinees economy could well be something that ads to the problems.

I still think That Pentax simply doesn't have the technology to make shake reduction work on the larger and heavier full frame sensor module.

I read on the dpr that the new ff will be the heart of the new Pentax system. Well maybe so if it will ever reach market........But then again that will make it a Brand more looking like Leica (exclusieve and in small production numbers) then it will be anything like Nikon/Canon/Sony.

I don't think I will be part of that. I don't think they have the staf to sell it. I don't think they have the brand name to make it to that extra league.
I've said over and over again - Ricoh does not aspire to be Canon nor Nikon. They aspire to be a smaller, vibrant alternative. If you need CaNikon that's fine. Nothing wrong with that. They're already available

They brought 645z. They'll bring K-ff. This is growing pains. Sure, this is frustrating, bad news. But if you don't expect them to be CaNikon and you won't be disappointed.

Last edited by monochrome; 09-18-2015 at 06:40 AM.
09-18-2015, 06:38 AM   #173
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well crap. I was hoping that it'd miraculously be available by the time basketball season rolls around. Ah well, I'll have to replace my 70,000-click K-5 IIs with a K-3 or K-3 II for now and wait for spring. :P
09-18-2015, 06:41 AM   #174
Pentaxian

more important than the release date is knowing whether it's worth the wait. with no specs and no lens annoucements, i don't know if it's worth waiting for.
09-18-2015, 06:51 AM   #175
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
That's over a year from now for us in the southern hemisphere!
Ricoh barely cares about most of the northern hemisphere. They really don't care about the southern...
09-18-2015, 06:52 AM   #176
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sculptor666 Quote
more important than the release date is knowing whether it's worth the wait. with no specs and no lens annoucements, i don't know if it's worth waiting for.
Then don't.
09-18-2015, 07:05 AM   #177
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Should we be discussing expected or hoped for features? For me: 1) MUST have back compatibility for K-mount lenses at least as good as a K3; 2) MUST have a tilt-swivel rear screen. Without these, the FF is DOA for me.
09-18-2015, 07:10 AM   #178
Veteran Member

R&D that's so much slower then the competition requires frequent returns to the drawing board.
09-18-2015, 07:13 AM   #179

I think its a newly run division learning how bad it is to build hype without the actual product. A 3d printed blob is really all they have to show for all the 'revolutionary' and 'feature rich' bs they sprout. All the work behind the scenes, fine, just don't feed us fud.

Plans change, products get delayed, whats true one second can change the next due to any million different reasons. Full transparency or zero transparency seems to work. Copy canikon in that area.
09-18-2015, 07:16 AM   #180

Original Poster
Breakthrough technology in FF?

Mikio Tanaka, a photographer affiliated with Pentax, tweeted as below:

https://twitter.com/thisistanaka/status/644793671334785024 (in Japanese)

"I have heard a little bit before that Pentax delays the release of FF. It seems that it takes more time to develop a breakthrough technology in it. It's not confirmed, but I'm wondering what the breakthrough technology is"