Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 265 Likes Search this Thread
09-18-2015, 04:05 PM   #256
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by cfraz Quote
Well, duh! It's obvious *now* that Ricoh's plan all along was simply to piss you off. But who knew way back when they bought Pentax?

If I had known then, I would have called Ricoh and worked out a deal to guarantee that I piss you off (and btw, what an incredibly inane phase that is) 1000 times better than Ricoh have done for tons less money.

Ricoh could have saved themselves $100M and I'd be set for life! Missed my big chance.
Yeh. Don't fall sleep behind the wheel next time so you don't miss your chance. Aside from the fact that it is dangerous.

09-18-2015, 06:14 PM   #257
Pentaxian

Welcome to the brutal world of internet sales and marketing.

Nikon delayed the release of a lens this year by 6-8 months, the 300 f4 with the new lens tech. Canon delayed their 100-400 v2 or whatever it was called for that long. The end results were very nice, they needed a bit of time to sort out stuff. Obviously both companies are about to go out of business, lens sales and manufacturing spun off.

A k3 shutter flutter, k3ii off button, 150-450 zoom seize. I suspect they could see a chart of sales going down when these issues became known, and then as they were sorted out the sales maybe going up, maybe not.

Get it right, make it reliable. I'll wait.
09-18-2015, 06:40 PM   #258
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LaurenOE Quote
For my K3, how about...

1080p/60
1080p clean HDMI out.
Tweak the bit rate a bit.

Those three could get me to the spring.
Give us SOMETHING.
You forgot USB tethering...

Steve
09-18-2015, 06:42 PM   #259
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote
Which statement?
I think he might be referring to the unsubstantiated one. (Sorry, could not resist )

Steve

09-18-2015, 06:46 PM   #260
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pioneer Quote
It would be nice if Pentax could make their cameras focus fast enough to catch up with the football team in action.
I thought they were trying to catch up with Nikon and Canon.

QuoteOriginally posted by Krizu Quote
What's really concerning is that kenspo, probably the only guy here who relies on pentax gear to feed his family is pissed because of the delay.
Don't forget Lauren...

Steve
09-18-2015, 07:33 PM   #261
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
With current pull out of defective K-3IIs and the K-3 mirror flap issue, Pentax is probably making sure that they give the FF lovers a trouble free camera. Pentax cannot afford bad publicity with such issues on their FF products (cameras and lenses). As a matter of fact these issues shouldn't be present in any of their cameras. For whatever reason they have, they should come out with a worry free camera and it should come out on the promised date.

Last edited by totsmuyco; 09-18-2015 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Spelling
09-18-2015, 07:39 PM   #262
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Krizu Quote
What's really concerning is that kenspo, probably the only guy here who relies on pentax gear to feed his family is pissed because of the delay.
There is more than one person on here who uses Pentax gear for their income.

And while I would have liked FF in October, I value quality more. If they need a few more months to get it right, then fine. It is not like I would magically make more money if I had a FF in Nov or Dec instead for Apeil or May.

09-18-2015, 07:43 PM   #263
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Well this is no surprise to me. They had nothing and I still think don't have the tool to make shake reduction work for the bigger and heavier sensor module. Maybe Sony wouldn't sell it to the little Pentax.

Is this the start of the end? I don't know, but I sold almost all my Pentax gear 3 months ago.
Did you sell the FA31 that you won here?
09-18-2015, 07:57 PM   #264
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Well, I decided the 150-450 was likely to add more enjoyment day to day for me so I got that earlier in the week. Good call by the looks.
09-18-2015, 08:08 PM   #265
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

asahi man stands by his October date for a FF Press release. All following within the last 20 hours.

"Maybe more next week. There is a Information release for the pentaxians and in october more for public. Thatīs still the plan. Best regards"

"Pentax is talking officially about the LAUNCH in spring. Best regards"

"When I see the reactions of Pentax during the lot's of talks about this new system,I think it will be the new heart of Pentax,above the glorious 645 system. Best regards"

"That's the plan. First press release October. Last information about this is from July. Best regards"

"It's official,this year we get first informations and a new glass. Best regards"
09-18-2015, 08:15 PM   #266
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
Well, I decided the 150-450 was likely to add more enjoyment day to day for me so I got that earlier in the week. Good call by the looks.
Yes great lens,made for FF & if it takes a few more months to get the FF to have state of the art AF-C,then worth the wait!!
09-18-2015, 08:20 PM   #267
mee
Veteran Member

This is turning into Duke Nukem Forever.. just hope it doesn't end as such!

I certainly hope for their sake.

That said, since we have a moment more.. I think one of two things occurred (or both).. 1) Either Ricoh decided to upgrade the sensor to meet the change in the market OR 2) the core lenses were not going to be ready in time and they wanted to release them simultaneously. OR (both) the lenses weren't ready so they delayed the body and, as a result, they decided to upgrade the sensor as it was going to be 'outdated' by the time of its release. Either way it looks like they were shooting for a 2015 release and just recently realized, for whatever reason, it wasn't going to happen.

What a drama.
09-18-2015, 08:23 PM   #268
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
This is turning into Duke Nukem Forever.. just hope it doesn't end as such!

I certainly hope for their sake.

That said, since we have a moment more.. I think one of two things occurred (or both).. 1) Either Ricoh decided to upgrade the sensor to meet the change in the market OR 2) the core lenses were not going to be ready in time and they wanted to release them simultaneously. OR (both) the lenses weren't ready so they delayed the body and, as a result, they decided to upgrade the sensor as it was going to be 'outdated' by the time of its release. Either way it looks like they were shooting for a 2015 release and just recently realized, for whatever reason, it wasn't going to happen.

What a drama.
All perfectly legit - and if we hadn't had dashed rumor after dashed rumor (which Pentax never supported under any ownership) for a decade before last winter this would be the first FF delay.

Jeebus - WendyB had us going for months!
09-18-2015, 08:24 PM   #269
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
asahi man stands by his October date for a FF Press release. All following within the last 20 hours.

"Maybe more next week. There is a Information release for the pentaxians and in october more for public. Thatīs still the plan. Best regards"

"Pentax is talking officially about the LAUNCH in spring. Best regards"

"When I see the reactions of Pentax during the lot's of talks about this new system,I think it will be the new heart of Pentax,above the glorious 645 system. Best regards"

"That's the plan. First press release October. Last information about this is from July. Best regards"

"It's official,this year we get first informations and a new glass. Best regards"
In summary, Asahiman knows it all (?), and the official info from February — market release end of 2015 — could have been disregarded as early as July.

So can we sync this information and come to a conclusion that Ricoh lied all this time: they knew they cannot make it by the end of 2015. If they knew it few months after the official statement, they knew it all along because a company must know its contingencies and take the worst as the guideline.

So, kick the ball until late September, then throw a bone again into the Spring of 2016 backyard, buy more time. If they told it straight away, that the release will be more than 14 months away, people would simply ignore the whole thing. This in translation tells they did not even touch the FF before the 645Z was launched, which was beginning of summer 2014; all they had in February was a plastic mockup — not even a real one.

Three things never changes: politics, lies, and Pentax desperately hoping for a Hail Mary pass. That is exactly what they are doing now.

Last edited by Uluru; 09-18-2015 at 08:42 PM.
09-18-2015, 08:26 PM   #270
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote

don't we think that the shape of prism looks a bit strange...?
or it's just design
Looks just like the Df one.