Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-18-2015, 11:27 PM   #286
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
It is time for me to visit the local Sony dealer.

09-18-2015, 11:40 PM   #287
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Did you sell the FA31 that you won here?
off course he did. He couldn't get an income out of photography and sold everything off.
09-18-2015, 11:47 PM   #288
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by civiletti Quote
That could be an option..but loosing AF is not something that I will like.
09-19-2015, 12:07 AM   #289
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by civiletti Quote
Local Nikon retailer is a better place for best of both world: Nikon's best AF and Sony's best sensor.

09-19-2015, 12:25 AM   #290
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
asahi man stands by his October date for a FF Press release. All following within the last 20 hours.

"Maybe more next week. There is a Information release for the pentaxians and in october more for public. That´s still the plan. Best regards"

"Pentax is talking officially about the LAUNCH in spring. Best regards"

"When I see the reactions of Pentax during the lot's of talks about this new system,I think it will be the new heart of Pentax,above the glorious 645 system. Best regards"

"That's the plan. First press release October. Last information about this is from July. Best regards"

"It's official,this year we get first informations and a new glass. Best regards"
If what Asahi man is saying is true, then probably on the 6th of October we will see the actual camera to be posted here on the front page of this forum. Then the actual unit to come in spring. The only problem is, this teaser is sowing confusion and are making a lot of the natives restless and angry due to this delay. As they have stated last February, this camera is coming by the end of 2015. Again, probably they are addressing some problems that might make the camera's performance unstable like the mirror flap of the K-3 and the K-3II GPS problem. Oops, sorry I brought that up but, the point is, probably they want a flawless camera. Such issues in my opinion have damaged Pentax's reputation and should not happened to any cameras in the future particularly the FF.
09-19-2015, 12:38 AM   #291
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
If what Asahi man is saying is true, then probably on the 6th of October we will see the actual camera to be posted here on the front page of this forum. Then the actual unit to come in spring. The only problem is, this teaser is sowing confusion and are making a lot of the natives restless and angry due to this delay. As they have stated last February, this camera is coming by the end of 2015. Again, probably they are addressing some problems that might make the camera's performance unstable like the mirror flap of the K-3 and the K-3II GPS problem. Oops, sorry I brought that up but, the point is, probably they want a flawless camera. Such issues in my opinion have damaged Pentax's reputation and should not happened to any cameras in the future particularly the FF.
No capable company misses the planned date by 6 months to "polish bugs", or to "improve". They are not amateurs in that regard, so this is a well calculated and deliberate postponement. More likely spring of 2016 was always their goal.

But they needed to buy 6 months. They buy them in October, by launching a pentax.com (!) website with a teaser for spring. They will show in front of the world they are working on FF, a real camera, and with a few new lenses.

When the launch is postponed for FY 2016 in Japan, it is clearer they had planned this, and is not a delay for "fixing bugs".

Last edited by Uluru; 09-19-2015 at 01:21 AM.
09-19-2015, 12:42 AM   #292
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
No capable company misses the planned date by 6 months to "polish bugs", or to "improve". They are not amateurs in that regard. However, only logical explanation is that they are late 6 months, started development too late, and the Spring of 2016 was always their goal. In February they did not even have a working prototype in real material. They opened the 2015 lying in front of everybody, to buy those 6 months in October, and somehow show in front of the world they are working on FF by showing an FF in real, and with a few new lenses — only to be postponed for 6 more months.
But we know it now they had planned this all long. They were buying from the audience ~14 months of development.
If there will be nothing by October 6 then you may be right that they haven't had anything last February. As it is, we will have to wait for more news.

09-19-2015, 12:43 AM   #293
Pentaxian

Nobody will ever tell us probably why.
But i am like Jeff, not waiting anymore for the Loch Ness monster...
09-19-2015, 12:45 AM   #294
Veteran Member

I'm quite pleased that I got a used sonya7r for a good price to replace my broken k5 until the new camera
Mf does not bother me sense I mostly take picture s of nature and landscapes.
Actually quite please how well the da35macro worked.
But I will get the new Pentax
09-19-2015, 01:02 AM   #295
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
For me there is only one goal the FF has to fulfill. Worth the wait! Everything else may be relevant now but will be forgotten when I have it in my hands...
09-19-2015, 01:18 AM   #296
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
No capable company misses the planned date by 6 months to "polish bugs", or to "improve". They are not amateurs in that regard. However, only logical explanation is that they are late 6 months, started development too late, and the Spring of 2016 was always their goal. In February they did not even have a working prototype in real material. They opened the 2015 lying in front of everybody, to buy those 6 months in October, and somehow show in front of the world they are working on FF by showing an FF in real, and with a few new lenses — only to be postponed for 6 more months.
But we know it now they had planned this all long. They were buying from the audience ~14 months of development.
It's fascinating to watch how you talk yourself deeper into misery with every posting. You start with 4-6 month, now 6 month are a fact for you. Stay real. If a company in February tells it's aiming to have a product ready by the end of the year noone would have thought that it must be in shops at the 31st of December 2015. It might have been January or February in shops and noone would have thought the original statement was wrong. But some concluded that it "probably " would be on sale before Christmas. They got even more excited based on rumours of October 6th release and felt confirmed. I can follow this logic, fair enough. Now the first(!) official date is Spring 2016, which starts in March, barely three to four month later than that and it might be that global availability might be May, but, seriously, if that is such a problem for you, you have my full sympathy...
09-19-2015, 01:18 AM   #297
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I find all this anguish very amusing...it is just a camera after all, a gadget. So stop cutting your wrists over the delay of a gadget for your hobby.
09-19-2015, 01:22 AM   #298

Please somebody start a new thread or subforum called PEXIT. That would be a great source for people who came to Pentaxforums only to read about of how to change brand. It's so exciting all these stories about switching to Sony, Nikon, Canon, whatever. Incredible this negativity in here! And then on the other hand the cry for the allmighty "will do away with Canon/Sony/Nikon" Pentax FF. It will be a gamechanger, of cause, even if almost no pro seems to jump ship! Would be nice to discuss things with a little bit more realism in mind.
09-19-2015, 01:22 AM   #299
ebk
Loyal Site Supporter

bye bye clients

again a big move from Ricoh-Pentax:

if you want a ff camera or another camera don't come to us.

this story is telling the Ricoh-Pentax for many years

09-19-2015, 01:26 AM - 1 Like   #300

QuoteOriginally posted by ebk Quote
again a big move from Ricoh-Pentax:

if you want a ff camera or another camera don't come to us.

this story is telling the Ricoh-Pentax for many years

Didn't you listen to Uluru? It's all a great conspiracy by RICOH, made of lies and politics to drive away the only ressource they really need: customers!