09-23-2015, 04:41 PM   #31
Imp
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
pst! we can hear you!

09-23-2015, 04:56 PM   #32
Pentaxian

Launch in Paris; the place on Earth where people actually buy Pentax lenses and Pentax cameras at full RRP.

But this is not an accident; when Ricoh postponed the FF launch by half a year, they have stumbled, spilled from the plate bread, butter, and alphabet soup that clearly read on the floor, "Distaster". Now they are after a quick fix. How far are they willing to please: by showing either some fast zoom, prime, or a slow kit lens, we will see how much attention they are after and how many apologies willing to offer.

However, I am still 2 years into waiting for the "legendary" macro lens for the Q to arrive. Or is the Q system now officially dead regarding any new development?

Last edited by Uluru; 09-23-2015 at 05:07 PM.
09-23-2015, 11:05 PM   #33
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
It’s a smart move from Pentax/Ricoh to start selling lens first. You can still use your new FF lens with your old APS-C camera and make some money to buy a new camera.
09-24-2015, 01:51 AM - 3 Likes   #34
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
Launch in Paris; the place on Earth where people actually buy Pentax lenses and Pentax cameras at full RRP.

But this is not an accident; when Ricoh postponed the FF launch by half a year, they have stumbled, spilled from the plate bread, butter, and alphabet soup that clearly read on the floor, "Distaster". Now they are after a quick fix. How far are they willing to please: by showing either some fast zoom, prime, or a slow kit lens, we will see how much attention they are after and how many apologies willing to offer.

However, I am still 2 years into waiting for the "legendary" macro lens for the Q to arrive. Or is the Q system now officially dead regarding any new development?
Is whining in your genes or a product of your growing environment?

09-24-2015, 01:56 AM - 1 Like   #35
Kiwi Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Rorschach Quote
Outback Australia and Finland are both beautiful places (I have been in both so can provide this statement truthfully).

You two should get together and take some photos.
09-24-2015, 02:15 AM   #36
Loyal Site Supporter

I don't see how you can read anything more into this release than the fact that the kit zoom was ready, while the body and 70-200 aren't.

Plenty of folks shoot with 24-70 and 28-70 zooms on crop bodies and if they don't shoot wide angle shots a lot, it can work well.

While the full frame body has been delayed somewhat, it really isn't the end of the world and I think most Pentaxians can wait till spring. Not sure about the Q macro -- never really connected with that system.
09-24-2015, 03:49 AM   #37
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rorschach Quote
Some Australians are just negative like that.
09-24-2015, 04:34 AM   #38
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
Outback Australia and Finland are both beautiful places (I have been in both so can provide this statement truthfully).

You two should get together and take some photos.
I have been to Australia (a two week trip) and to New Zealand (a three month trip) and both are very beautiful indeed.

09-24-2015, 04:44 AM   #39
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
Some Australians are just negative like that.
Ayers Rock is said to be visited by ancient spirits who can do that to otherwise pleasant people.
09-24-2015, 12:28 PM   #40
Site Supporter

That's my other fear, and would be a mistake.
09-24-2015, 04:36 PM   #41
Pentaxian

It's already Friday here in Asia. I hope they announce it soon.
09-25-2015, 05:28 AM   #42
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
That's my other fear, and would be a mistake.
Still hoping for an updated Q with multi-layered sensor.
09-25-2015, 05:41 AM   #43
Site Supporter

I might be wrong, but I have never been convinced that Uluru is an Aussie.
09-25-2015, 05:45 AM   #44
Pentaxian

His DPReview alter ego claims to be from Italy; and I think I remember seeing another location, can't remember which...
09-25-2015, 06:28 AM - 1 Like   #45
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
I have never been convinced that Uluru is an Aussie.
His mini-statistics (which I just accessed now) give Australia as his location. Perhaps no matter how far or how wide he roams, he still calls Australia home? https://youtu.be/_OCKXLXWNXg?t=23s