Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-25-2015, 03:54 PM - 3 Likes   #166
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by nonstopnick Quote
those unhappy...because it was not a * lens, chiseled out of diamonds in the underground Pentax bunker by naked Pentax optical supermodels.
Well, DUH! Exactly why I am unhappy. That is exACTly what I expected from this lens, especially since it was true of other lenses Pentax babes made. And I expected the SAME from this lens. Along with photos of the babes at work! *@_)!@+%$& But no. NO! No, we get nothing of the sort. Instead it was probably a group of men--CLOTHED men--who ran machines, somewhere above ground in Asia, who produced this lens using pedestrian composite plastics, metals, and glass. GLASS, mind you. You know, that stuff that comes from SAND! How low. How mean. How ordinary. And you know, you just KNOW that these men were not "model material" either. And we don't even get any PHOTOS of them!! And then we still have to pay $1300. It's outrageous I tell you. I'm going to start a thread entitled "Why I will not buy a rebadged Tamron that is not chiseled out of diamonds in the underground bunker by naked Pentax optical supermodels". And that thread is going to go on forever. That, THAT, will show Pentax, I mean Ricoh, that we mean business. Get those naked optical supermodels back ON THE JOB.

Thank you for the opportunity to vent my dismay over this....

09-25-2015, 03:56 PM   #167
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
The D-FA 150-450 f4.5-5.6 is not * designated, though it may be '* quality'. Perhaps it's not fast enough. The 70-200 f2.8 is * designated.
It's a variable aperture lens, all the * lenses are not...
09-25-2015, 04:15 PM   #168
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sholtzma Quote
Well, DUH! Exactly why I am unhappy. That is exACTly what I expected from this lens, especially since it was true of other lenses Pentax babes made. And I expected the SAME from this lens. Along with photos of the babes at work! *@_)!@+%$& But no. NO! No, we get nothing of the sort. Instead it was probably a group of men--CLOTHED men--who ran machines, somewhere above ground in Asia, who produced this lens using pedestrian composite plastics, metals, and glass. GLASS, mind you. You know, that stuff that comes from SAND! How low. How mean. How ordinary. And you know, you just KNOW that these men were not "model material" either. And we don't even get any PHOTOS of them!! And then we still have to pay $1300. It's outrageous I tell you. I'm going to start a thread entitled "Why I will not buy a rebadged Tamron that is not chiseled out of diamonds in the underground bunker by naked Pentax optical supermodels". And that thread is going to go on forever. That, THAT, will show Pentax, I mean Ricoh, that we mean business. Get those naked optical supermodels back ON THE JOB.

Seth,
Maybe a quick trip to the Transportation Museum and a viewing of the renowned Cheerwine dancers, bottlers and double Moon Pie fanciers would provide suitable relief.
09-25-2015, 04:17 PM   #169
Lens Buying Addict

QuoteOriginally posted by Edgar_in_Indy Quote
Nice try, but I'm immune to Jedi mind tricks.
OMG!! ROTFL. I call Thread Winner right here.

09-25-2015, 05:03 PM   #170
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lukulele Quote
Seth,
Maybe a quick trip to the Transportation Museum and a viewing of the renowned Cheerwine dancers, bottlers and double Moon Pie fanciers would provide suitable relief.
Somehow that doesn't quite make up for the loss of the "naked Pentax optical supermodels"....

Maybe a trip to the Reed Gold mine, to take my mind off of the diamonds, though....

09-25-2015, 06:08 PM   #171
mee
Site Supporter

Another plus (in theory) to any Pentax branded lens is it will for sure work on Pentax bodies without issue... no firmware incompatibilities or the like... it HAS to function and well with the K mount bodies.
09-25-2015, 06:23 PM   #172
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by robjmitchell Quote
Differences:- upgraded aspherical element
Where is that?
09-25-2015, 06:25 PM   #173
Veteran Member

sand and supermodels do go well together, you have to admit...

09-25-2015, 06:28 PM   #174
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Another plus (in theory) to any Pentax branded lens is it will for sure work on Pentax bodies without issue... no firmware incompatibilities or the like... it HAS to function and well with the K mount bodies.
Except those of a certain vintage.

09-25-2015, 06:38 PM   #175
JPT
Pentaxian

Here's the product page for the lens on the Japanese website. If you scroll down, there are a few sample photos, but none at F2.8 unfortunately.

HD PENTAX-D FA 24-70mmF2.8ED SDM WR / ????? / K??????? / ??? / ?? | RICOH IMAGING

I got a bit excited for a minute, thinking that they might have been taken with a prototype of the FF. However, the EXIF data shows that they were taken with the K-3 II.
09-25-2015, 06:47 PM   #176
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by goldenarrow Quote
sand and supermodels do go well together, you have to admit...
Yeah, except that it is the MEN with the sand. The supermodels get the diamonds....
09-25-2015, 07:13 PM   #177

QuoteOriginally posted by sholtzma Quote

Well done my friend, well done!
09-25-2015, 08:06 PM   #178
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lytrytyr Quote
Except those of a certain vintage.
It will work fine on most film Pentax. Maybe not the LX, I'm not sure. The 24-70 retains the aperture lever.

Edit: More information. With no aperture control on the lens, every vintage Pentax from before the Super A may mount the DFA 24-70, but will have to shoot fully stopped down (eg f22) since the camera body doesn't comtrol aperture. Which means it won't be a useful lens on the LX.

Excellent reference:
http://www.mosphotos.com/PentaxLensCompatibility.html

Last edited by rawr; 09-25-2015 at 08:39 PM.
09-25-2015, 09:00 PM   #179
Pentaxian

That baffle on the rear of the lens is going to cause some issues with Bokeh.
09-25-2015, 10:20 PM   #180
Site Supporter

Don't think so... rather a CA eliminator like on HD DA 16-85mm