Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-25-2015, 11:01 PM   #181
Pentaxian
Digitalis's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Adelaide.
Posts: 8,535
QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
Don't think so... rather a CA eliminator
Is that an attempt at sarcasm?

09-26-2015, 12:30 AM - 2 Likes   #182
Pentaxian
Class A's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Posts: 8,934
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Oh for pity's sake - some people complain when Pentax rebadges a lens and asks more money for it just because the ring is green. Other people complain when they don't.
And some people complain about the complainers...
09-26-2015, 12:38 AM   #183
Senior Member
gorme's Avatar

Join Date: May 2014
Location: Galway - Ireland
Posts: 212
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
Is that an attempt at sarcasm?
I would say rather Flare/Ghost eliminator... It is rear the last element which is not the pupil of the optical system so no problem with the bokeh.
09-26-2015, 02:33 AM   #184
Site Supporter
kenspo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oslo
Posts: 1,879
More to come (Dont know exactly when they will launch).

09-26-2015, 02:50 AM   #185
JPT
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tokyo
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,185
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
More to come (Dont know exactly when they will launch).
From what you're hearing, does it sound like everything else is on hold for the full frame? I mean they seem to have lost momentum with Q, 645 and compacts this year. I hope they don't sacrifice the areas where they have had some success in the past pursuing the dream of full frame.
09-26-2015, 03:49 AM   #186
Site Supporter
Zygonyx's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ile de France
Posts: 2,951
QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
Is that an attempt at sarcasm?
Gorme meant actually better what i intended to say.
09-26-2015, 04:02 AM   #187
Veteran Member
robjmitchell's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Melbourne Aus
Posts: 1,144
QuoteOriginally posted by lytrytyr Quote
Where is that?
Page 10, thread post 144. The second aspherical element is singled out as being different to the other aspherical elements in the pentax model, but not in the tamron. not concrete of course.
09-26-2015, 04:11 AM - 1 Like   #188
Site Supporter
kenspo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oslo
Posts: 1,879
It IS a rebuild from Tamron. So no point in that discussion

09-26-2015, 05:45 AM   #189
mee
Site Supporter




Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 5,251
We know of the ~28-105ish zoom and the 15-30ish zoom.. but I wonder if there are any more lenses beyond this planned between now and FF launch?
09-26-2015, 06:00 AM   #190
Site Supporter
kenspo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oslo
Posts: 1,879
Yes, but not before 2016.
09-26-2015, 07:20 AM   #191
Pentaxian




Join Date: Nov 2011
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,615
QuoteOriginally posted by robjmitchell Quote
Page 10, thread post 144. The second aspherical element is singled out as being different to the other aspherical elements in the pentax model, but not in the tamron. not concrete of course.
It doesn't help when these diagrams are offered more for marketing than for serious information,
but it seems that the AD glass-molded element is also present as such on the Tamron A007.
As @northcoastgreg posted in #140 here,
the Pentax and Tamron marketers are just highlighting different aspects.
09-26-2015, 08:03 AM   #192
Junior Member
Val.Ou's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Near Paris
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 28
It appears that the 24-70/2,8 Pentax and 24-70/2,8 Tamron have the same optical formula. Consequenty we can think that the Pentax is a rebadged Tamron.
But the choice of special optical glasses and their repartition are different.
If we stick up a number on each lens, starting from the front lens,
in the Tamron we have
4 aspherical lenses: the 3, 8,11 and 15 (the 3 is an hybrid lens, other three are molded)
3 Low Dispersion lenses: the 7, 9 and 13
2 XR extra refractive lenses: the 1 and 2

in the Pentax we have
3 aspherical lenses: the 3, 11 and 15
3 Extra-low Dispersion lenses: the 7, 9 and 13
1 anomaleus dispersion glass lens: the 8

The serious difference is the nature of the glass, which are made the 7,9 and 13 lenses, Low or Extra-low Dispersion. The Pentax 24-70 will possibly be better.
09-26-2015, 08:20 AM - 1 Like   #193
Pentaxian




Join Date: Nov 2011
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,615
QuoteOriginally posted by Val.Ou Quote
But the choice of special optical glasses and their repartition are different.
Don't take the marketing material too literally!
09-26-2015, 08:22 AM - 1 Like   #194
Site Supporter
boriscleto's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Liverpool, NY
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 12,290
QuoteOriginally posted by Val.Ou Quote
It appears that the 24-70/2,8 Pentax and 24-70/2,8 Tamron have the same optical formula. Consequenty we can think that the Pentax is a rebadged Tamron.
But the choice of special optical glasses and their repartition are different.
If we stick up a number on each lens, starting from the front lens,
in the Tamron we have
4 aspherical lenses: the 3, 8,11 and 15 (the 3 is an hybrid lens, other three are molded)
3 Low Dispersion lenses: the 7, 9 and 13
2 XR extra refractive lenses: the 1 and 2

in the Pentax we have
3 aspherical lenses: the 3, 11 and 15
3 Extra-low Dispersion lenses: the 7, 9 and 13
1 anomaleus dispersion glass lens: the 8

The serious difference is the nature of the glass, which are made the 7,9 and 13 lenses, Low or Extra-low Dispersion. The Pentax 24-70 will possibly be better.
All marketing speak.
09-26-2015, 08:22 AM   #195
Forum Member




Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 73
QuoteOriginally posted by Val.Ou Quote
Consequenty we can think that the Pentax is a rebadged Tamron.
Kenspo already admitted it.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
24-70mm, body, coatings, company, dslr, elements, f2.8, f2.8 ed sdm, fa, fa 24-70mm f2.8, fa*, factory, ff, filters, hd, lens, lenses, nikon, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, post, price, sdm, sdm wr, star, tamron, warranty, wr
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
HD Pentax-D FA 24-70mm F2.8 ED SDM WR Announced PF Staff Homepage & Official Pentax News 0 09-24-2015 03:00 PM
Lens Tournament: FA 77mm F1.8 Limited vs D FA 100mm F2.8 WR Macro Adam Pentax Forums Giveaways 17 10-27-2014 07:19 AM
For Sale - Sold: D-FA 100mm f2.8 Macro WR Eagle_Friends Sold Items 6 09-09-2014 10:00 AM
For Sale - Sold: Pentax D-FA 100mm f2.8 Macro WR & DA* 200mm F2.8 ED [IF] SDM jurysi Sold Items 11 09-17-2012 05:27 PM
New Pentax D FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR Announced Zebooka Pentax News and Rumors 222 01-09-2010 03:51 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:57 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top