Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-25-2015, 03:01 PM   #556
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Newtophotos Quote
That's a great picture. Do you have to be mounted on a tripod to stitch photos together which such good results? Is there a specific option for stitching in Photoshop? I wonder if this is possible when looking up (and being slightly shakey) and taking pictures of architecture. If so maybe I can leave my UWA at home more often.
I used the Tamron 28-75, handheld, and stitched the 4 shots with the Hugin freeware. Here in the example photo the camera was positioned near the ground in this tea plantation of the Cameron Highlands in Malaysia, so it looks wide angle, but it's actually no wider than 28mm FF equ. When I stitch I use the focal length of the zoom where there is no distortion (about 30mm for the 28-75), with makes the job easier for the stitching software. Anyway, this post is about the new DFA 24-70 that could be used in the same way to get a wider field of view on APSC, until the Pentax full frame is available.

10-25-2015, 03:10 PM   #557
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Newtophotos Quote
That's a great picture. Do you have to be mounted on a tripod to stitch photos together which such good results? Is there a specific option for stitching in Photoshop?

I wonder if this is possible when looking up (and being slightly shakey) and taking pictures of architecture. If so maybe I can leave my UWA at home more often.
My experience is that stitching is a lot harder with architecture than with landscapes. Particularly hand held. If you are shooting at infinity, it is a pretty simple process to do a hand held panorama.
02-25-2016, 04:39 AM - 1 Like   #558
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
The Tamron version of Pentax D-FA 24-70 is tested by Imaging resource.