Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 127 Likes Search this Thread
10-07-2015, 01:10 PM   #466
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
So this is your issue? People on the internet that say your brand isn't good enough? Really why do you care? You'll find people saying that whatever your actual gear, some complain it is not good.
Hey, I know they're going to do it, I just want them to make sure they know if they are hoping for me to join their little fan club it's not going to happen. And if they are doing it for approval, the opposite is happening. For every action, there is an opposite and equal reaction.

I tend to discourage the insanity.

SO, what is your issue? You are hardly the guy that stays out of everyone else's business.

Last edited by normhead; 10-07-2015 at 01:19 PM.
10-07-2015, 01:56 PM - 4 Likes   #467
Veteran Member

I will start post pictures taken with the new 24-70 in a couple of weeks
10-07-2015, 02:47 PM   #468
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Very cool! Do you have it yet? Make sure to post your opinion on it.
10-07-2015, 09:45 PM   #469
npc
Veteran Member

I wonder if Ricoh will be actually selling this lens at a loss? Given the anounced price is so close to the Tamron versions for the other mounts and Tamron is surely not making these for free.
While for Tamron it's probably going to be a really sweet deal - the lens has been out for a while, so whoever wanted one for Canon/Nikon/Sony probably already bought it, and of course there's always competition from the OEMs/Sigma/Tokina. In K mount it will be the only choice at least for a while and there's no risk even if it does not sell well, since losses go to Ricoh.

10-08-2015, 02:43 AM   #470
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by npc Quote
I wonder if Ricoh will be actually selling this lens at a loss? Given the anounced price is so close to the Tamron versions for the other mounts and Tamron is surely not making these for free.
While for Tamron it's probably going to be a really sweet deal - the lens has been out for a while, so whoever wanted one for Canon/Nikon/Sony probably already bought it, and of course there's always competition from the OEMs/Sigma/Tokina. In K mount it will be the only choice at least for a while and there's no risk even if it does not sell well, since losses go to Ricoh.
I seriously doubt there will be any loss on Pentax's part. Given Tamron has already recouped development costs and production setup costs, and that Pentax will be buying a fairly large number of lenses, (thus spreading out any production change costs) Tamron can sell them to Pentax at a price that will enable Pentax to still make a profit. The introductory retail price seems to be $400+ more than what the Nikon/Canon version sells for, so there is plenty of room for profit for both Pentax and retail sellers.
10-08-2015, 09:01 AM   #471
Forum Member

List price compared to street price. Thats a fair comparison.
10-08-2015, 02:34 PM   #472
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pacu Quote
List price compared to street price. Thats a fair comparison.
It is a fair comparison when used correctly. List price vs street price gives a fair indication of markup. And markup generally goes to the seller, not the factory, except perhaps at introduction. When you look at actual street price, you can guestimate what manufacturing costs are unless part of the street price is subsidized by the factory such would be the case when rebates lower street costs. Well at least until someone does something stupid like initiating price controls.

10-08-2015, 11:40 PM   #473
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
It is a fair comparison when used correctly. List price vs street price gives a fair indication of markup. And markup generally goes to the seller, not the factory, except perhaps at introduction. When you look at actual street price, you can guestimate what manufacturing costs are unless part of the street price is subsidized by the factory such would be the case when rebates lower street costs. Well at least until someone does something stupid like initiating price controls.
On last part I believe that in many cases the rest of the world subsidies a certain market. I wish sometimes USA were truly economically depoupled from the rest of the world as some economists are claiming to becoming.
10-09-2015, 02:01 AM - 2 Likes   #474
ogl
Banned

Looks good
??DFA24-70 2.8 ??K5??-PFC-Pentax Fans Club

10-09-2015, 04:01 AM   #475
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Will that be with some new camera? or 'just' K-3II?

---------- Post added 10-09-15 at 14:03 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
it is HUGE!
10-09-2015, 04:19 AM   #476
Veteran Member

We'll see :P
10-09-2015, 05:33 AM   #477
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
Will that be with some new camera? or 'just' K-3II?

it is HUGE!
K5 is small
10-09-2015, 01:50 PM   #478
Veteran Member

On last part I believe that in many cases the rest of the world subsidies a certain market. I wish sometimes USA were truly economically depoupled from the rest of the world as some economists are claiming to becoming.
Manufacturers are free to charge whatever they wish, wherever they wish. As for national economic decoupling... are you suggesting the USA should buy nothing from and sell nothing to other countries? That would be rather radical, counter-productive, and wholly unworkable. Heck, Canada and the USA sell to each other as if it was a single market.
10-09-2015, 04:16 PM   #479
Veteran Member

Indeed. If that had been the case in the 1930's and 40's, you would have grown up speaking German.
10-09-2015, 04:47 PM   #480
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
They had a choice between German and Turkish in Greece.