Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 15 Likes Search this Thread
04-19-2016, 03:15 AM - 1 Like   #151
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
DXO tells you objective stuff. photography is subjective. Doesn't mean they are useless, but you must learn how to use their results.

04-19-2016, 05:13 AM   #152
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rlatjsrud Quote
Scientific test doesn't mean better. They can't even test any Fuji mirrorless camera because they can't test those with scientific tests. I'm talking about 300 not other lenses.
What im saying is they have quantified many of the optical qualities. If there is some fault you have with the DA* 300 optical qualities, please specify what qualities these are.

You have to look at the pentax lens line as a whole to understand the pricing of the DA*300. Some of the pentax lenses are better than the competition, some worse. But almost all are offered at a discount once they have been out a little while. If you are looking at one lens and blaming the price on the optics you have missed the big picture entirely.
04-19-2016, 08:34 PM   #153
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
DXO tells you objective stuff. photography is subjective. Doesn't mean they are useless, but you must learn how to use their results.
... as soon as they actually publish it, or not.
It will be interesting to see if RI waits more than one year, like they did with 645Z, or less, to give them K-1 and a complete lens set to measure...
04-20-2016, 12:32 AM   #154
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I bet the K-1 successor are announced before the DxOmark publishes a K-1 test. The 645Z are 2 years and 5 days today and they still haven’t published the test.

DxOmark are useless as a resource for pre-purchase information. They provide way to incomplete and outdated information.

04-20-2016, 02:52 AM   #155
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
They'll first need a production K-1. Nobody has one yet. Where's the count down thread to the 28th
04-20-2016, 12:32 PM   #156
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Simen1 Quote
I bet the K-1 successor are announced before the DxOmark publishes a K-1 test. The 645Z are 2 years and 5 days today and they still haven’t published the test.

DxOmark are useless as a resource for pre-purchase information. They provide way to incomplete and outdated information.

DxO mark is a marketing tool to promote DxO optics pro and a sub product as profiling the lenses and cameras for the raw editing software. As such it rate most camera and many lenses, more than most alternative review websites. Criticism is easy but they far from being the worst in town.

While we all would like a DxO result on 645Z, this isn't the main market of Dxo, so low interrest. Now the problem is DxO has been aquired by phase one a competitor of Pentax in MF market, so they will not publish pentax results before phase one and they may not want to publish Pentax at all if phase one doesn't perform as well.

But we can't really complain as the information is made available for free and nobody force us to use it.
04-20-2016, 02:01 PM   #157
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
(...)

Now the problem is DxO has been aquired by phase one a competitor of Pentax in MF market, so they will not publish pentax results before phase one and they may not want to publish Pentax at all if phase one doesn't perform as well.

(...)
Where does this come from???

04-20-2016, 02:17 PM   #158
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
Now the problem is DxO has been aquired by phase one a competitor of Pentax in MF market, so they will not publish pentax results before phase one and they may not want to publish Pentax at all if phase one doesn't perform as well.
I searched on Google and I could find no mention of this anywhere. Is this insider information?

Michael
04-20-2016, 02:53 PM   #159
Pentaxian

Idem, i guess some kind of rumor but nothing more...
04-21-2016, 11:28 PM   #160
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Aquired by PhaseOne or not, it they wanna keep a single iota of credibility and should explain themselves, and throughly.

Otherwise they can throw all their measurements in the toilet.
The testing of 645Z as done. Not published. Not explained why. Simple as that.
04-22-2016, 12:53 AM   #161

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Aquired by PhaseOne or not, it they wanna keep a single iota of credibility and should explain themselves, and throughly.

Otherwise they can throw all their measurements in the toilet.
The testing of 645Z as done. Not published. Not explained why. Simple as that.
Testing has been done during summer 2015 and I had the score around mid-August (I left the company at the end of August). I even know that they did all the testing twice for double checking.
I highly doubt about the aquisition by Phase One, I have no mention of it from the people I still communicate with, it is not coherent with the other fusions/acquisitions of the year and PhaseOne and DxO have completely different mentalities...
04-22-2016, 01:27 AM   #162

QuoteOriginally posted by gorme Quote
Testing has been done during summer 2015 and I had the score around mid-August (I left the company at the end of August). I even know that they did all the testing twice for double checking.
I highly doubt about the aquisition by Phase One, I have no mention of it from the people I still communicate with, it is not coherent with the other fusions/acquisitions of the year and PhaseOne and DxO have completely different mentalities...
Gorme, Sounds like you could publish the test and embarrass them if you were so minded!

joshlg
PS lovely part of the world - Galway...
04-22-2016, 01:46 AM   #163
Pentaxian

Did anyone ask them again whats'up on their forum ?
04-22-2016, 03:59 AM   #164

QuoteOriginally posted by jonlg Quote
Gorme, Sounds like you could publish the test and embarrass them if you were so minded!

joshlg
PS lovely part of the world - Galway...
Well I don't have the full test in PDF if you are thinking about this (I was not part of the DxOmark branch) and my aim is not to embarrass them... But the camera was really good, the best yet tested in the labs.

@Zygonyx : Would be intersting to know what's the status for this test. Unfortunately, there is little chance that they consider the 645Z review as a top priority given the size of the market interested in medium format : sadly, smartphone cameras tests attract more readers...

Ps : Haven't visited Sussex yet, probably a very nice region too