Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-06-2015, 02:36 PM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pacu Quote
The vintage is the new black, don't you know ?
Next thing they will add OCR for hieroglyphs so you know what is in the photo you took in Egypt.
Don't laugh. I know a guy that shoots a Super Tak 50/1.4 on his 5D and gets really good results. And I use a SMC Tak 50/1.4 on a F-mount camera for close up still work on occasion and that lens performs really good.

10-06-2015, 02:49 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Maybe all of those old ones are community supplied.
That makes sense.

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
I know a guy that shoots a Super Tak 50/1.4 on his 5D and gets really good results. And I use a SMC Tak 50/1.4 on a F-mount camera for close up still work on occasion and that lens performs really good.
The Tak 50/1.4's don't need a profile because they are perfect in every way

Last edited by stillshot2; 10-06-2015 at 02:57 PM.
10-06-2015, 02:54 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hm, I do wonder, though, if the Pentax and Tamron will be exactly alike. Can anyone read the parameters of the corrections and compare them? The Pentax version will have different lens coatings (or so we were told?), so it is possible that things like CA will be slightly different. Or are the different coatings not really a significant difference, these days?

Either way its good to see the lens profile. Either Adobe is keeping an eye out for Pentax (something that wasn't happening so far), or Pentax is prudent enough to send them data ahead of time. Good job either way

Maybe all of those old ones are community supplied
I don't think so, because then why don't they have profiles for lenses like the Samyang primes?
10-06-2015, 04:19 PM   #19
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Don't laugh. I know a guy that shoots a Super Tak 50/1.4 on his 5D and gets really good results. And I use a SMC Tak 50/1.4 on a F-mount camera for close up still work on occasion and that lens performs really good.
The optic formoula for most 50mm lenses is the same, and provided they multicoated and from reputable manufacturer they should be almost perfect at by f/5.6 to f/8, or at least you will need 200% magnification to see the difference at a computer screen. I just like joking with vintage stuff, I don't think they are inferior, I just don't like the mojo thing going around them. I use old stuff when it suits me, but I have seen some really weird prices on manual lenses, other than macro, which I cannot really accept as sensible.

10-06-2015, 04:48 PM - 1 Like   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stillshot2 Quote
The Tak 50/1.4's don't need a profile because they are perfect in every way
I think they were using the Tak 50 profile to calibrate Lightroom, not the other way around. Obviously the lens is perfect.
10-06-2015, 07:59 PM   #21
Veteran Member

i just find it funny to have optical corrections for a manual focus film lens. I just put this 40 year old lens on my camera, but hey LR I want you to remove all the distortions and vignetting so that you can make it look like I took it with Zeiss Otus.
10-06-2015, 08:06 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
I'm pretty sure Lightroom allows custom lens profiles to be made by users. Dunno how effective they are, and they are definitely unofficial, so keep that in mind. You can google for them
I tried making one. It's a total pain in the behind.

10-08-2015, 03:08 AM   #23
Pentaxian

They also added support for: Asahi PENTAX Super-Takumar 55mm f/1.8 M42 Wow, they really are trying to get current with Lightroom!!
I'm wondering how this is corrected, for distortion only? There would't be a way to tell what aperture was used, so vignetting can't be corrected with the profile. I'm not sure what other "magic" happens in LR, if there is some aberrations taken care of as well, but those should be dependent on aperture as well...
10-08-2015, 11:26 AM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No idea. But i dont understand what the aperture has to do with correcting for vignetting? Not that i understand most of this stuff anyway.
10-08-2015, 12:27 PM   #25
Pentaxian

No idea. But i dont understand what the aperture has to do with correcting for vignetting? Not that i understand most of this stuff anyway.
A lens will have the most vignetting at maxium aperture, usually when stopping down just a few stops it will almost dissapear. This is different from lens to lens though, that's why the aperture value would be needed...

Something like this for different apertures.
10-11-2015, 05:56 PM   #26
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
Ha. Does anyone know if Adobe has a program like Photomatix where they will implement community-sourced correction profiles into their releases?
Have a look over at the "Wanted: Adobe Lens Profiles" thread.