Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-24-2015, 02:51 PM   #151
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Yeah, we are some fat guys wearing pizza-stained T-shirts and working all alone in a basement. But only in Hollywood movies
Programming, in essence, is all about communication; you have solution to a certain problem, and you want to express it - in a certain language - so that other programmers can read it too. Secondarily, a computer would have to also read, and then execute it.
The problem is identified by talking with people, and a solution is found and agreed upon by talking with people.

We really are amazing. We're making the world go round and indeed, if we could program everything all mankind's old problems would be solved (to be replaced with new problems, because software has bugs).
That's why we had or will have terminators :-)

Anyway, FF is closer another day!

10-24-2015, 03:11 PM   #152
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It would be a great shame (and huge mistake on Ricoh's part) if the FF were to flop because of "bugs"......
10-24-2015, 03:30 PM   #153
Pentaxian

It's not that bad. Sure, there'll be some Skynet at times, the Borg, some multi million $ space probe getting lost - but nothing worse enough to kill a Pentax
10-24-2015, 04:31 PM   #154
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by goldenarrow Quote
It would be a great shame (and huge mistake on Ricoh's part) if the FF were to flop because of "bugs"......
For a manufacture which can make medium format DSLR, I do not worry this at all. FF is coming... The only thing worrying me is that Ricoh medium mirrorless is also coming too, which one should I choose?

10-26-2015, 02:48 AM   #155
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by starjedi Quote
Ricoh medium mirrorless
that'd be a huge game changer, where did you get this rumor ?
10-26-2015, 08:41 PM   #156
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by redcat Quote
that'd be a huge game changer, where did you get this rumor ?
I do not remember from which place, dpreview or this forum. It should be a logical move for Ricoh. I agree that a medium format compact mirrorless can be a killer machine for FF mirrorless as long as the price is not high.
10-27-2015, 01:20 AM   #157
Pentaxian

Then it's most likely made up - as I don't remember seeing any believable rumor on that subject on either places.
10-27-2015, 02:16 AM   #158
Pentaxian

I do not remember from which place, dpreview or this forum. It should be a logical move for Ricoh. I agree that a medium format compact mirrorless can be a killer machine for FF mirrorless as long as the price is not high.
if they can pull this out, all FF mirrorless will look like toy ^^ but that will hurt Pentax FF and Pentax MF at the same time, a big risk but who knows ^^

10-27-2015, 02:28 AM   #159
Site Supporter

Texandrews posted it in this forum in his thread Some medium format "news" from PhotoPlus Expo. He said, "The most interesting tidbit: remember the speculation about a Sony medium format rangefinder style camera, from about 18 months to 2 years ago? It appeared on several rumor sites. Well, maybe that is moving over to Pentax! He said it is a "hope" on the reps and outside-of-Japan managers parts that this may happen. Apparently it has been discussed seriously, and that it has been discussed as a mirrorless camera, much smaller than the Z. Maybe a fixed lens camera."

I think he also posted something similar in dpreview/
10-27-2015, 03:11 AM   #160

QuoteOriginally posted by redcat Quote
if they can pull this out, all FF mirrorless will look like toy ^^ but that will hurt Pentax FF and Pentax MF at the same time, a big risk but who knows ^^
I doubt that. It's also about the lenses, they will cost what they cost in MF, no advantage fir mirrorless here. Next thing is the speed, I doubt this can be somehow fast, not like FF mirrorless and even less DSLRS.
But anyhow, IIRC this MF mirrorless was more referred to as being a fixed lens cam of the GR type. How lovely would that be...

Edit: ^^, yes, I did remember correctly

---------- Post added 10-27-2015 at 12:16 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Cynog Ap Brychan Quote
Texandrews posted it in this forum in his thread Some medium format "news" from PhotoPlus Expo. He said, "The most interesting tidbit: remember the speculation about a Sony medium format rangefinder style camera, from about 18 months to 2 years ago? It appeared on several rumor sites. Well, maybe that is moving over to Pentax! He said it is a "hope" on the reps and outside-of-Japan managers parts that this may happen. Apparently it has been discussed seriously, and that it has been discussed as a mirrorless camera, much smaller than the Z. Maybe a fixed lens camera."

I think he also posted something similar in dpreview/
Reading this the image of the Ricoh GXR-type lensor system appears. With this sensor size it would be worth reviving that because the necessary engineering complexity would be much appreciated and accordingly payed by the targeted group...

Last edited by MMVIII; 10-27-2015 at 03:30 AM.
10-28-2015, 10:32 AM   #161
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well the pretty woman got my attention with this thread

Randy
10-31-2015, 06:21 AM   #162
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by slip Quote
Well the pretty woman got my attention with this thread

Randy
yeah! hopefully FF is pretty also
11-17-2015, 06:05 PM - 1 Like   #163
Pentaxian

Original Poster
yeah! hopefully FF is pretty also
In BHPhoto, the 70-200 2.8 available date is Feb 25 2016. We know that it will go together with FF. So apparently the official date for FF release in current scope is that week. So this is a final countdown, real.
11-17-2015, 11:38 PM   #164
Site Supporter

Let's hope so !
11-18-2015, 05:43 PM   #165
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
Let's hope so !
What we paid for Pentax k5 five year ago can buy a Sony alpha 7ii. If Pentax wants to stay at DSLR market as a major player, FF is a straightforward step to keep the margin high.

I will not be surprised that five years latter we have a medium 645 digitial camera for the current price of alpha 7ii. So we can have a compact mirrorless 645 countdown in future!