Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-05-2016, 05:52 AM   #1636
Pentaxian
kenspo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oslo
Posts: 2,204
70-200 is 100% Pentax.

05-05-2016, 06:12 AM   #1637
Pentaxian
D1N0's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: ---
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,259
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
The AF is too slow to be made by Tamron. Its definitely made by Ricoh.
Unfounded
05-05-2016, 06:25 AM   #1638
Pentaxian




Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Iloilo City
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,068
I think they said that the 70-200 is fast using the k-1.
05-05-2016, 06:29 AM   #1639
Pentaxian
kenspo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oslo
Posts: 2,204
Both the 24-70 and 70-200 is faster and sharper on the K-1 then on K-3II

05-05-2016, 06:44 AM   #1640
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 6,556
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Unfounded
Not unfounded. I own it and it is slow on my K-3. K-1 will be here today and I will test it out.
05-05-2016, 06:54 AM   #1641
Pentaxian
D1N0's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: ---
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 6,259
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
Not unfounded. I own it and it is slow on my K-3. K-1 will be here today and I will test it out.
don't bother, just buy Canon or Nikon. Bye bye
05-05-2016, 11:05 AM   #1642
Forum Member




Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oslo
Posts: 80
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
The AF is too slow to be made by Tamron. Its definitely made by Ricoh.
I tried DFA 70-200 K-1 today and it was very fast.
05-05-2016, 01:21 PM   #1643
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 6,556
QuoteOriginally posted by DagT Quote
I tried DFA 70-200 K-1 today and it was very fast.
K-1 arrived today. So far I have only used my Sigma 85mm and it is noticeably quicker on the K-1 than the K-3. I'll have more time to test it tomorrow with other lenses. I need to go through the manual and settings and get everything the way I want it and figure out what has changed. So far I'm pretty impressed.

The 31mm LTD is finally at home. So happy to get that back on an FF with AF.


Last edited by Winder; 05-05-2016 at 03:59 PM.
05-05-2016, 05:16 PM   #1644
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
clackers's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Albums
Posts: 14,108
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote

The 31mm LTD is finally at home.
Nice.
05-09-2016, 06:18 PM   #1645
Veteran Member




Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 901
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
K-1 arrived today. So far I have only used my Sigma 85mm and it is noticeably quicker on the K-1 than the K-3. I'll have more time to test it tomorrow with other lenses. I need to go through the manual and settings and get everything the way I want it and figure out what has changed. So far I'm pretty impressed.

The 31mm LTD is finally at home. So happy to get that back on an FF with AF.
K1 + Sigma 85 + FA 31. Wow. Dreaming combo..
05-10-2016, 12:43 AM   #1646
Veteran Member
redcat's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Paris
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,929
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
K-1 arrived today. So far I have only used my Sigma 85mm and it is noticeably quicker on the K-1 than the K-3. I'll have more time to test it tomorrow with other lenses. I need to go through the manual and settings and get everything the way I want it and figure out what has changed. So far I'm pretty impressed.

The 31mm LTD is finally at home. So happy to get that back on an FF with AF.
Please post some photos with that combo !!! I have the fa31 but not the k1 yet
05-13-2016, 02:08 PM - 2 Likes   #1647
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 6,556
QuoteOriginally posted by redcat Quote
Please post some photos with that combo !!! I have the fa31 but not the k1 yet
It's so nice to have it back to giving me a 31mm perspective. I never cared for the DA 21mm.

Last edited by Winder; 05-13-2016 at 06:11 PM.
05-13-2016, 07:22 PM   #1648
Pentaxian
Class A's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Posts: 10,791
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
It's so nice to have it back to giving me a 31mm perspective.
Great demonstration of the marvel that is the FA 31/1.8 Ltd
(not diminishing your photographer's skills for one bit).

Anyone remember Ned Bunnell stating that we may be disappointed with the FA Ltds on an FF DSLR?
I knew back then that he either didn't know what he was talking about or knowingly was economical with the truth in order to defend the "APS-C only" stance back then.
05-13-2016, 07:33 PM   #1649
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 6,556
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Great demonstration of the marvel that is the FA 31/1.8 Ltd
(not diminishing your photographer's skills for one bit).

Anyone remember Ned Bunnell stating that we may be disappointed with the FA Ltds on an FF DSLR?
I knew back then that he either didn't know what he was talking about or knowingly was economical with the truth in order to defend the "APS-C only" stance back then.
I was concerned about how well they would perform. I have been very happy with how the 31mm performs. I like the uncorrected look of the lens. My 31mm is very sharp in the center even at F/1.8 and at F/8 even the edge to edge is excellent.

The skin tones of the K-1 have been the biggest improvement. The K-3 RAW files were always a challenge when it came to getting accurate skin tones and having pinks bleed to magenta.
05-13-2016, 08:09 PM   #1650
Pentaxian
Class A's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Posts: 10,791
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
The skin tones of the K-1 have been the biggest improvement. The K-3 RAW files were always a challenge when it came to getting accurate skin tones and having pinks bleed to magenta.
Interesting that you noticed this as well. I almost appeared to be the only one not being satisfied with colour rendition.

Although my problem with skin tones (and other colour twists) have been with the K-5 II (the K100D with its entirely different sensor never gave me such headaches), I suspect that the K-3 continued the same problem, at least when using certain RAW converters.

I identified part of the problem being ACR (as incorporated into LR) and switched to Capture One Pro accordingly.

If you haven't come across C1 yet, give the 30 day evaluation a spin. The colour editor is leaps and bounds better than what LR offers. Their K-3 profile is rather decent from what I've heard.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
25th 2016 cp, alive, camera, countdown, countdown to feb, coverage, cp, days, features, feb 25th, ff, flash, imo, matter, music, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, people, post, screen, shift, smartphone, thread, time, upload, vf, youtube
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New APSC Pentax by early 2016, using Sony A7000 sensor? falconeye Pentax News and Rumors 857 03-24-2016 08:45 PM
Ricoh Imaging is not doomed (or: Ricoh Financial Results Q1 2016) Kunzite Pentax News and Rumors 69 10-24-2015 10:31 AM
Pentax FF spring 2016 Daikokuya Pentax News and Rumors 971 10-14-2015 06:31 PM
2016 spring debut hansenn Pentax Full Frame 12 09-25-2015 08:05 AM
Photokina 2016 - FF RonHendriks1966 Pentax Full Frame 62 02-04-2015 10:43 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:07 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top