Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-24-2016, 05:21 PM   #301
Imp
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Imp's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Washington, DC
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,560
QuoteOriginally posted by hangman43 Quote
Most are just minor updates to existing lens
In aps-c, pentax has almost all the lenses they need. Canon has about 15-20 more specialized lenses than pentax, in FF equivalent focal lengths (please don't start an equivalency debate). There aren't that many new lenses Canon could release, besides updates.

01-24-2016, 05:39 PM   #302
Veteran Member
hangman43's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Hueytown, Alabama
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,508
QuoteOriginally posted by Imp Quote
In aps-c, pentax has almost all the lenses they need. Canon has about 15-20 more specialized lenses than pentax, in FF equivalent focal lengths (please don't start an equivalency debate). There aren't that many new lenses Canon could release, besides updates.
That was the whole premise of my original post they are not coming out with new lens they are updating existing lens so don't really count as them releasing new lens
01-24-2016, 05:43 PM   #303
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Nelson B.C.
Posts: 3,761
QuoteOriginally posted by Imp Quote
Do you think Ricoh will release a press release say "x, y, and z aps-c lenses will work perfectly on FF"? I can't imagine them leaving their audience clueless that a lot of their lenses will actually work on FF...

Honestly, the lenses coming out of the FF release are what excites me more than the FF
APS-c is enough for my uses. In case someone missed that, I said for MY USES please don't start a debate.
The manual for the flash, either built in or addon, has a list of lenses and their characteristics, some warning about vignetting. So yes, I would expect they will have a list somewhere.
01-24-2016, 07:10 PM   #304
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Eastern Oregon
Posts: 674
QuoteOriginally posted by Imp Quote
In aps-c, pentax has almost all the lenses they need. Canon has about 15-20 more specialized lenses than pentax, in FF equivalent focal lengths (please don't start an equivalency debate). There aren't that many new lenses Canon could release, besides updates.
For the pro using Pentax APS-c there are a few HUGE gaps.


A 16mm 1.4, 35mm 1.4, and 50mm 1.4 (or 16mm, 23mm, 35mm for APS-c) are sorely missing. Notice Canon and Nikon both make these lenses for FF. You could switch between a 5DIII and D810 and have the exact same set of fast primes for either by either company.
Notice too that Fuji has been making the X system for exactly 5 years and all those lenses are available for Fuji as well. There is a reason for that.


However, having said all that most Pentax users will never know the difference anyway. But I think it's important to know why Pentax isn't more popular... (than it should be.)

01-24-2016, 08:27 PM   #305
Imp
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Imp's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Washington, DC
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,560
QuoteOriginally posted by Qwntm Quote
For the pro using Pentax APS-c there are a few HUGE gaps.


A 16mm 1.4, 35mm 1.4, and 50mm 1.4 (or 16mm, 23mm, 35mm for APS-c) are sorely missing. Notice Canon and Nikon both make these lenses for FF. You could switch between a 5DIII and D810 and have the exact same set of fast primes for either by either company.
Notice too that Fuji has been making the X system for exactly 5 years and all those lenses are available for Fuji as well. There is a reason for that.


However, having said all that most Pentax users will never know the difference anyway. But I think it's important to know why Pentax isn't more popular... (than it should be.)
That's why I said "almost"
01-25-2016, 12:08 AM - 1 Like   #306
Pentaxian
kenspo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oslo
Posts: 2,204
QuoteOriginally posted by Imp Quote
APS-c is enough for my uses. In case someone missed that, I said for MY USES please don't start a debate.
Finally, someone with some sense
01-25-2016, 12:30 AM   #307
Pentaxian
redpit's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Athens
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,499
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Finally, someone with some sense
Kenspo my friend you're approaching 1k posts! You have to arrange it so that your 1000th post will be with some FF samples!
01-25-2016, 12:37 AM   #308
Pentaxian
kenspo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oslo
Posts: 2,204
Hehe..who knows gonna work with an underwear modell today..with a tv-team there..so will be good advertisement for Ricoh/Pentax too..but just the K-3 II and the 645Z there today

01-25-2016, 01:17 AM - 1 Like   #309
Pentaxian
noelpolar's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Goolwa, SA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,843
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Hehe..who knows gonna work with an underwear modell today..with a tv-team there..so will be good advertisement for Ricoh/Pentax too..but just the K-3 II and the 645Z there today
Just post the 645Z shots of the underwear model..... who ever said you dont need more megapixels.....
01-25-2016, 01:56 AM - 3 Likes   #310
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,106
QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
Just post the 645Z shots of the underwear model..... who ever said you dont need more megapixels.....
Yes please do, I would like to see the dynamic range or something.

Only if it is a female model though, otherwise I don't give a crap about the.. dynamic range.
01-25-2016, 02:03 AM   #311
Pentaxian
kenspo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oslo
Posts: 2,204
you guys are so dirty
01-25-2016, 02:28 AM   #312
Pentaxian
Mistral75's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 5,946
QuoteOriginally posted by hangman43 Quote
Most are just minor updates to existing lens
Most???!!! I love fanboys...

(in red the minor updates, in green the new propositions: range, max. aperture, technology and associated gains (blue spectrum refractive optics to reduce chromatic aberrations, phase Fresnel element or fluorite elements to reduce size and weight))

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Canon

- EF 11-24mm f/4L USM
- EF 50mm F1.8 STM
- EF 35mm F1.4L II USM with blue spectrum refractive optics

Nikon

- AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED VR II
- AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4E PF ED VR with a phase Fresnel element
- AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80mm F2.8-4E ED VR
- AF-S Nikkor 500mm F4E FL ED VR with fluorite elements
- AF-S Nikkor 600mm F4E FL ED VR with fluorite elements
- AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm F2.8E ED VR
- AF-S Nikkor 24mm F1.8G ED
- AF-S Nikkor 200-500mm F5.6E ED VR.
01-25-2016, 03:06 AM   #313
Pentaxian
noelpolar's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Goolwa, SA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,843
QuoteOriginally posted by Gimbal Quote
Yes please do, I would like to see the dynamic range or something.

Only if it is a female model though, otherwise I don't give a crap about the.. dynamic range.
Yes.... we don't want to see any inappropiate image pop...
01-25-2016, 04:14 AM   #314
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,741
This could be a monthly competition "Pentaxians in under wear" creative photography.
01-25-2016, 04:44 AM - 4 Likes   #315
Veteran Member
Asahiflex's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Netherlands
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,754
This puts a whole new meaning to "Kenspo spilling the beans". :-P

On a serious side note: I'm waiting for the first real leaks. And please don't read this sentence with Kenspo's new assignment in your mind. :-P
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
25th 2016 cp, alive, camera, countdown, countdown to feb, coverage, cp, days, features, feb 25th, ff, flash, imo, matter, music, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, people, post, screen, shift, smartphone, thread, time, upload, vf, youtube
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New APSC Pentax by early 2016, using Sony A7000 sensor? falconeye Pentax News and Rumors 857 03-24-2016 08:45 PM
Ricoh Imaging is not doomed (or: Ricoh Financial Results Q1 2016) Kunzite Pentax News and Rumors 69 10-24-2015 10:31 AM
Pentax FF spring 2016 Daikokuya Pentax News and Rumors 971 10-14-2015 06:31 PM
2016 spring debut hansenn Pentax Full Frame 12 09-25-2015 08:05 AM
Photokina 2016 - FF RonHendriks1966 Pentax Full Frame 62 02-04-2015 10:43 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:46 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top