Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-06-2016, 06:07 AM   #706
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by starjedi Quote
Cannot wait as 12 days to go!
If Ricoh information control remains as as tight as it currently is, CP+ Yokohama is going to be a real circus. CP+ 2015 had a big crowd of people around the FF stand when they unveiled the plastic lump. In 2016 it is going to be much more crazy. I hope they have hired extra security for the Ricoh display area.

02-06-2016, 06:09 AM - 2 Likes   #707
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Imp Quote
Can't everyone just stop criticizing it until it actually comes out?? You don't even know anything yet, wait 12 days, and then start ranting. Pls.
But that's impossible; what if the K-1 will prove to be an excellent camera? What if it will be very well received?
No, we must criticize now, when we still have a chance! (and people can't contradict us with facts)
02-06-2016, 06:17 AM   #708

QuoteOriginally posted by bpv_UW Quote
Yikes is right.

His post expressed an opinion - one that clearly most participants in this thread disagree with - that the Pentax FF will not be a success. He alluded to the reason for this being an already crowded market (i.e. "10 years too late"), which is not an unreasonable point of view, even if most here don't agree with it or it is ultimately proven incorrect. He made a claim (limited (no pun intended) lineup of FF-compatible lenses) that isn't really accurate (given the myriad legacy options Pentax users have), but that certainly doesn't make his post unique, or even particularly offensive (and could have been corrected gently, as Clackers did). His last sentence is a bit hard to interpret, but seems to refer to Pentax trying to build up anticipation surrounding the FF release (i.e. the teaser site) when in reality it will be difficult for them to release anything truly groundbreaking in an already crowded, competitive market.

For the above, he was rewarded with a brutal stream of name-calling, sarcasm, and offensive clip art. Words were put in his mouth - "no matter how much you try, you can't prevent the Pentax from being released?" (umm, I doubt that was a motivating factor behind his post). His methods of participation in the Forums were misrepresented - "Please do post some pictures as well." (despite being here for only a very short time, he has). His command of the English language was insulted - "Not sure what a myth-story is though. Maybe translation difficulties??" (I'd love to see most people in this thread try to post something in a non-native language (I'm assuming given his residence in Germany that English isn't his first language - OTH if this is incorrect I apologize)). And regarding the comment about being a drive-by troll, if you look at the timing of the posts and where he lives, you'll realize he probably posted this before going to bed - the time that has elapsed since his post was approximately 11pm - 6 am in Germany, not a time when most of us get up to check threads on Pentax Forums. Even if he does come back to this thread, though, he may be surprised by the venomous reaction to his post, which may make it difficult to know how to respond (particularly as a new forum member).

What strikes me most about all this is how utterly reactionary many here are when anyone speaks ill of their beloved FF. For the record, I'm very excited about it, think it will succeed, and plan on getting one, but I don't take personal offense when I encounter someone who doesn't share my views, or assume everyone who doesn't is a troll. Come on people, isn't it good to have a diversity of opinion here?

I would argue that the response, not his post, was far more...(what's the word?)...vexatious.

-Brandon

PS - Can't help but notice someone's response to his Intro thread from a couple days ago - "Leute hier sind hilfbar und freundlich." - people here are helpful and friendly. Yea...
What a well-balanced and constructive assessment, bpv_UW.
02-06-2016, 06:30 AM - 9 Likes   #709
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
No, we must criticize now, when we still have a chance! (and people can't contradict us with facts)
I agree, even though it's kind of tricky to criticize since we don't know enough to be specific.

For instance, we don't even know which sensor they will use, the one with 36Mp or the newer version with 42Mp.
The only thing we know for sure is that they should have used the other one.

02-06-2016, 06:42 AM - 3 Likes   #710
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by DoubtingThomas Quote
What a well-balanced and constructive assessment, bpv_UW.
Sorry, but while I appreciate Brandon wanting to defuse this situation, OTH's post wasn't stated as an opinion. Not with "it doesn't matter", "the only fact is", "whatever Pentax will try", "it will be an epic fail", "Pentax [...] aren't (able) for 35mm"....
It doesn't leave any room for discussion - he closed the door several times in a single paragraph - and it shows a total lack of consideration towards those of us who are waiting for this camera.
02-06-2016, 07:00 AM   #711
bxf
Veteran Member

it shows a total lack of consideration towards those of us who are waiting for this camera
And that is the source of the hostile reaction.
02-06-2016, 07:01 AM   #712
Veteran Member

t doesn't leave any room for discussion - he closed the door several times in a single paragraph - and it shows a total lack of consideration towards those of us who are waiting for this camera.
Exactly.
Plus if he has been online for more than 1 day, he should be able to properly handle the bantz that come after such an incendiary post.

02-06-2016, 07:43 AM   #713
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gimbal Quote
I agree, even though it's kind of tricky to criticize since we don't know enough to be specific.

For instance, we don't even know which sensor they will use, the one with 36Mp or the newer version with 42Mp.
there is a third choice
what if the sensor is 24mp!!!
for me i will buy it even it was 12mp!!
iam waiting so long for this fruit!

Last edited by zmohie; 02-06-2016 at 10:26 AM.
02-06-2016, 07:45 AM - 1 Like   #714
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by zmohie Quote
02-06-2016, 08:02 AM   #715
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Gimbal Quote

Numerous rumors said it is 36mp and no rumor mentioned it will be 42mp... The original FF plan targets 24mp but apparently cancelled. I think many aspects (including functionalities as seen from official front pictures) are clear.
02-06-2016, 08:09 AM   #716
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by zmohie Quote
there is a third coice
Oh, that would probably kill it for me.
42 would be great, 36 would be ok. 24 nah. not interested.
02-06-2016, 08:30 AM   #717
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by starjedi Quote
Numerous rumors said it is 36mp and no rumor mentioned it will be 42mp... The original FF plan targets 24mp but apparently cancelled. I think many aspects (including functionalities as seen from official front pictures) are clear.
Last summer there was a rumor it would use the 42mp BSI sensor Sony had just released in the A7RII.
Tamron rep: the new full frame Pentax DSLR camera will have a 42MP sensor from Sony | Photo Rumors
02-06-2016, 09:05 AM   #718
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
42 is not likely since that was developed with 4k video in mind. I think it is one of those sensors Sony will keep to themselves, like de 12mp sensor in the A7S. I believe both Kenspo and Asahiman have implied there won't be a 24mp sensor in it, so 36 is the most likely option. It gives you a near 16mp crop mode (so like the K-5IIs iq in crop mode). The D810 sensor is as good as the 42mp sensor in the A7r2, but if it has a hybrid VF. On sensor Phase detect would come in handy. So it would not simply use the D810 sensor.
02-06-2016, 09:15 AM   #719
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Imp Quote
Can't everyone just stop criticizing it until it actually comes out?? You don't even know anything yet, wait 12 days, and then start ranting. Pls.
Did i rant ?
Or did you ?
I think we just agree... besides the fact i now a bit on the subject
02-06-2016, 11:55 AM - 3 Likes   #720
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bpv_UW Quote
What strikes me most about all this is how utterly reactionary many here are when anyone speaks ill of their beloved FF. For the record, I'm very excited about it, think it will succeed, and plan on getting one, but I don't take personal offense when I encounter someone who doesn't share my views, or assume everyone who doesn't is a troll. Come on people, isn't it good to have a diversity of opinion here?

I would argue that the response, not his post, was far more...(what's the word?)...vexatious.

-Brandon

PS - Can't help but notice someone's response to his Intro thread from a couple days ago - "Leute hier sind hilfbar und freundlich." - people here are helpful and friendly. Yea...

Yep. This is the polarized, political nature of communication online these days. It extends well beyond the PF. Sadly, so many seem to think if one has a negative, counter opinion to yours, they are the enemy and thus must be eliminated. It makes forums and topic discussions become sugary unicorn and rainbow fanclubs. I'd rather have an open dialogue instead.

Last month, someone was using Nikon bodies as a positive example in a comparison on features and they were told by a long standing member to leave the forums. Literally stop coming here.

A month or so before that, I mentioned the aspects of Nikon DX bodies I liked and was attacked and told to leave the forums by the same person.

Now this..

Reminds me of the movie 'The day the Earth stood still' where the alien comes out saying he is here on peace then displays a device that looks menacing and it is shot by a scared solider. The device was harmless and would have allowed them to study life on other planets. Are we so afraid of a lone stated differing opinion here that we must fight it tooth and nail? That's petty behavior and we're all adults here, I presumed. It seems we are collectively losing the ability to communicate as the internet has become more and more mainstream..

Let's not shoot at each other.. or get into that internet mindset where we can't disagree politely or at least ask for clarification before firing... As hard as it is sometimes, perhaps it really is better to say nothing at all if we can't say something in return politely.

My thoughts..