Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-09-2016, 07:52 AM   #871
Pentaxian
D1N0's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: ---
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,348
Which cheap old zooms to use on the FF? I too have a 28-105 F4-5.6 (pz) and a little plastic FA 28-70 F4 What else? The F 35-70 f/3.5-4.5?

02-09-2016, 07:59 AM   #872
Site Supporter
Hattifnatt's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 2,328
I'm mostly shooting landscapes and planning to get the new camera - which do you think it would be the best wide-angle option for the new FF?

Candidates so far:

- the new DFA 15-30mm;
- 24-70mm f2.8 : nice flexibility and WR, but I tend to like primes;
- FA 20mm F2.8 (I can get one almost new);
- FA* 24mm F2 (don't know so much about this one);
- some new wide-angle prime release by Pentax;
- Sigma 20mm f/1.4 Art - will they release a version with K-mount ?
- any other options ?
02-09-2016, 08:02 AM   #873
Pentaxian




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,030
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Which cheap old zooms to use on the FF? I too have a 28-105 F4-5.6 (pz) and a little plastic FA 28-70 F4 What else? The F 35-70 f/3.5-4.5?
If you can find a second hand A 35-105/3.5 that might be an excellent option (if you don't mind manual focus). IIRC it was sold as a kit with the LX originally. I used to own this lens, but since its range wasn't very practical to me on APS-C, I sold it. I might end up regretting that... (I'm currently changing my mind on a daily basis between wanting and not wanting FF)

Let's hope for a kit with the K-1 of the same level. This would make sense since the K-1 would relate to the existing offering in much the same way the LX related to the other Pentax 35mm bodies in its day...



---------- Post added 02-09-2016 at 04:04 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Hattifnatt Quote
I'm mostly shooting landscapes and planning to get the new camera - which do you think it would be the best wide-angle option for the new FF?
I have two Samyangs lined up for this:
- Samyang 24/1.4: short DoF, low light and general purpose wide angle
- Samyang 24/3.5 T/S: architecture and creative wide angle

Wim
02-09-2016, 08:06 AM   #874
Pentaxian
D1N0's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: ---
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,348
QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
If you can find a second hand A 35-105/3.5 that might be an excellent option (if you don't mind manual focus). IIRC it was sold as a kit with the LX originally. I used to own this lens, but since its range wasn't very practical to me on APS-C, I sold it. I might end up regretting that... (I'm currently changing my mind on a daily basis between wanting and not wanting FF)
I already have it I went in full frame lba mode a few years ago already. I was limiting it to AF zooms. Tamron and Sigma stuff welcome too.

02-09-2016, 09:34 AM   #875
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Hoevelaken
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 900
can't wait, pre-ordered one today. Hopefully it is in time for some special occasions coming up in the next few months.
02-09-2016, 10:45 AM - 1 Like   #876
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tromsų, Norway
Photos: Albums
Posts: 955
QuoteOriginally posted by Hattifnatt Quote
- Sigma 20mm f/1.4 Art - will they release a version with K-mount ?
I certainly hope so. If K-1 gets the reception I think it will, Sigma would be foolish to keep ignoring Pentax users.
02-09-2016, 10:47 AM   #877
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GMT +10
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,838
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Tamron and Sigma stuff welcome too.
There are still some Sigma 24-60 f2.8's floating around new on eBay, at least in Australia, for AUD $299. An OK lens, by all accounts.
02-09-2016, 10:49 AM   #878
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2010
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,762
QuoteOriginally posted by Franc Quote
can't wait, pre-ordered one today. Hopefully it is in time for some special occasions coming up in the next few months.
I did preorder too.

02-09-2016, 10:51 AM   #879
Site Supporter
kenspo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oslo
Posts: 1,958
QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
I did preorder too.
I have two in order
02-09-2016, 10:58 AM   #880
Site Supporter




Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 137
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
I have two in order
Whoa stop - they're not just outright giving you one? I promise you your information relay and little teaser nuggets on this forum will have helped sell several bodies by itself. You've done both Pentax and it's excited constituency major favors (thank you for that, btw).

ps: who are y'all submitting preorders through? Local shops/B&H/other?
02-09-2016, 11:02 AM   #881
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GMT +10
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,838
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
I have two in order
I thought you already had the camera?
02-09-2016, 11:05 AM   #882
Site Supporter
kenspo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oslo
Posts: 1,958
QuoteOriginally posted by disasterfilm Quote
Whoa stop - they're not just outright giving you one? I promise you your information relay and little teaser nuggets on this forum will have helped sell several bodies by itself. You've done both Pentax and it's excited constituency major favors (thank you for that, btw).
I will get mine directly from Ricoh..before anyone else..at least in this area. I will give much feedback, insights etc when the time is ready. I'll never do that with pre-copies of either cameras or lenses!

---------- Post added 02-09-16 at 07:05 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
I thought you already had the camera?
see my last post above!
02-09-2016, 01:00 PM   #883
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2010
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,762
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
I have two in order
hmmmm. I think that you have upper hand on this...I don't mind! I'll be having too much fun trying out my lenses...no one will hear about me for weeks after I get one!
02-09-2016, 01:04 PM   #884
Pentaxian
bobmaxja's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Laval, Quebec Canada
Posts: 1,736
If the release date is on the 18 as many predicted , it's now less than 10 days. I am sure Kenspo will not comment if true.
02-09-2016, 01:09 PM   #885
Site Supporter
wtlwdwgn's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Billings, MT
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 9,333
This year's tax refund might just be enough. Is that good or bad?
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
25th 2016 cp, alive, camera, countdown, countdown to feb, coverage, cp, days, features, feb 25th, ff, flash, imo, matter, music, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, people, post, screen, shift, smartphone, thread, time, upload, vf, youtube
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New APSC Pentax by early 2016, using Sony A7000 sensor? falconeye Pentax News and Rumors 857 03-24-2016 08:45 PM
Ricoh Imaging is not doomed (or: Ricoh Financial Results Q1 2016) Kunzite Pentax News and Rumors 69 10-24-2015 10:31 AM
Pentax FF spring 2016 Daikokuya Pentax News and Rumors 971 10-14-2015 06:31 PM
2016 spring debut hansenn Pentax Full Frame 12 09-25-2015 08:05 AM
Photokina 2016 - FF RonHendriks1966 Pentax Full Frame 62 02-04-2015 10:43 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:57 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top