Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-10-2016, 02:47 AM - 1 Like   #916
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Zygonyx's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ile de France
Posts: 3,075
Mirrorless = K-02

02-10-2016, 04:06 AM   #917
Pentaxian
D1N0's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: ---
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,361
Pentax will wait with mirrorless until after Canon and Nikon have shown their camera's and then make a better system
02-10-2016, 05:05 AM   #918
Forum Member
iudex's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 52
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Pentax will wait with mirrorless until after Canon and Nikon have shown their camera's and then make a better system
Well after the K-01 and Q system Ricoh better aviods mirrorless ;-)
02-10-2016, 05:12 AM - 2 Likes   #919
Forum Member
LilithBaerchen's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 77
QuoteOriginally posted by iudex Quote
Well after the K-01 and Q system Ricoh better aviods mirrorless ;-)
Donīt say anything bad about the Q - itīs a beautiful camera

02-10-2016, 05:28 AM   #920
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Zygonyx's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ile de France
Posts: 3,075
Don't say anything bad about K-01 concept, it's a smart invention.
02-10-2016, 05:28 AM   #921
Forum Member
iudex's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 52
QuoteOriginally posted by LilithBaerchen Quote
Donīt say anything bad about the Q - itīs a beautiful camera
Maybe it is, but itīs not a mirrorless system someone takes seriously. Teenage Japanese girls like and buy it, but with itīs tiny sensor it competes with smartphones and not with other mirrorless cameras. And entering mirrorless segment (APSC, 4/3, FF) is a bit too late and for a small company like Ricoh also financially unbearable.
02-10-2016, 05:34 AM   #922
Pentaxian
D1N0's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: ---
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,361
QuoteOriginally posted by iudex Quote
Maybe it is, but itīs not a mirrorless system someone takes seriously. Teenage Japanese girls like and buy it, but with itīs tiny sensor it competes with smartphones and not with other mirrorless cameras. And entering mirrorless segment (APSC, 4/3, FF) is a bit too late and for a small company like Ricoh also financially unbearable.
Assumptions assumptions. What's so hard about mirrorless? The technology is more simple than dslr because it is mostly electronic. The worst part is the lenses. You need an entire new line up. And q users are Japanese girls? A lot of Q-users are DSLR shooters, who have it as a pocketable take anywhere camera.
02-10-2016, 05:56 AM   #923
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Cynog Ap Brychan's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Gloucester
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,092
QuoteOriginally posted by iudex Quote
Maybe it is, but itīs not a mirrorless system someone takes seriously. Teenage Japanese girls like and buy it, but with itīs tiny sensor it competes with smartphones and not with other mirrorless cameras. And entering mirrorless segment (APSC, 4/3, FF) is a bit too late and for a small company like Ricoh also financially unbearable.
I take it seriously, and I don't think Ricoh is a small company, either.

02-10-2016, 05:57 AM   #924
Forum Member
iudex's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 52
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Assumptions assumptions. What's so hard about mirrorless? The technology is more simple than dslr because it is mostly electronic. The worst part is the lenses. You need an entire new line up. And q users are Japanese girls? A lot of Q-users are DSLR shooters, who have it as a pocketable take anywhere camera.
No assumptions, have a look at sales numbers. That you know a couple of Pentaxians (itself a small group compared to C/N owners) who happen to buy the Q (as a toy mostly) says nothing. Even highly respected mirrorless producers liky Fuji have hard times selling sufficient number of cameras and achieving profit (Olympus was producing loss untill 2014?). So entering a small, but highly competitive market and being succesful is tough. And as you say: itīs about lenses: Ricoh has to concentrate now on FF DSLR lenses, it surely has no funds to develop completely new portfolio of mirrorless lenses. And the K-01 system (mirrorless using DSLR lenses) was a clear flop, even Ricoh admits this.
02-10-2016, 06:09 AM   #925
Pentaxian
D1N0's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: ---
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,361
QuoteOriginally posted by iudex Quote
No assumptions, have a look at sales numbers. That you know a couple of Pentaxians (itself a small group compared to C/N owners) who happen to buy the Q (as a toy mostly) says nothing. Even highly respected mirrorless producers liky Fuji have hard times selling sufficient number of cameras and achieving profit (Olympus was producing loss untill 2014?). So entering a small, but highly competitive market and being succesful is tough. And as you say: itīs about lenses: Ricoh has to concentrate now on FF DSLR lenses, it surely has no funds to develop completely new portfolio of mirrorless lenses. And the K-01 system (mirrorless using DSLR lenses) was a clear flop, even Ricoh admits this.
You look at sales figures and see Japanese girls. That is an assumption. Pentax and Ricoh have a name in photography so it is never too late to jump into mirrorless. The GXR system was a mirrorless system remember? They will focus on DSLR's for now but there is a mirrorless plan which will be set into motion once Canon and Nikon put their cards on the Table.
02-10-2016, 06:23 AM   #926
Forum Member
iudex's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 52
QuoteOriginally posted by Cynog Ap Brychan Quote
I don't think Ricoh is a small company, either.
And how would you describe a company which market share is 4,5% ( DSLR sales in 2015; compare to Canon: 54,7% and Nikon 39,1%)?
02-10-2016, 06:25 AM   #927
Pentaxian




Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 885
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by iudex Quote
And how would you describe a company which market share is 4,5% ( DSLR sales in 2015; compare to Canon: 54,7% and Nikon 39,1%)?
Ricoh is a big company. Just Pentax it bought is small..
02-10-2016, 06:33 AM - 2 Likes   #928
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Tromsø, Norway
Photos: Albums
Posts: 956
QuoteOriginally posted by iudex Quote
Well after the K-01 and Q system Ricoh better aviods mirrorless ;-)
No, but they better subtract Mark Newson and add EVF and Wifi.
02-10-2016, 06:42 AM   #929
New Member




Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 4
QuoteOriginally posted by mamba909 Quote
Ugh, I need to stop following this thread. The anticipation is killing me!

Funny thing is, the only question I have for the FF is this: Will it come in gunmetal (or even silver)? I regretted being an early adopter of the K-3 only because the gunmetal version that released later looked so nice. The K-3 was more camera than I really wanted/needed.

Oh, and I don't remember seeing info on whether or not it's weather resistant.

Other than that, my money and I are ready for it!
ok guys, here we go, let me put an end to your miseries- the D'Day is 19th and don't forget to drop me a thank you note on 19th please

---------- Post added 02-10-16 at 06:43 AM ----------

19th Feb 2016 to be more precise!
02-10-2016, 06:49 AM - 1 Like   #930
Pentaxian
D1N0's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: ---
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,361
it's the 25th
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
25th 2016 cp, alive, camera, countdown, countdown to feb, coverage, cp, days, features, feb 25th, ff, flash, imo, matter, music, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, people, post, screen, shift, smartphone, thread, time, upload, vf, youtube
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New APSC Pentax by early 2016, using Sony A7000 sensor? falconeye Pentax News and Rumors 857 03-24-2016 08:45 PM
Ricoh Imaging is not doomed (or: Ricoh Financial Results Q1 2016) Kunzite Pentax News and Rumors 69 10-24-2015 10:31 AM
Pentax FF spring 2016 Daikokuya Pentax News and Rumors 971 10-14-2015 06:31 PM
2016 spring debut hansenn Pentax Full Frame 12 09-25-2015 08:05 AM
Photokina 2016 - FF RonHendriks1966 Pentax Full Frame 62 02-04-2015 10:43 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:11 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top