Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-13-2015, 09:42 PM   #91
mee
Site Supporter




Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 5,258
photorumors has another Pentax FF rumor from ricehigh (More Pentax full frame DSLR camera rumors | Photo Rumors).. I'm surprised you guys haven't made that a multiple page saga yet.

10-13-2015, 11:03 PM   #92
bxf
Pentaxian
bxf's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lisbon area
Posts: 1,041
It's coming...
10-14-2015, 05:33 AM   #93
Loyal Site Supporter
Tom S.'s Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: S.E. Michigan
Photos: Albums
Posts: 4,238
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
photorumors has another Pentax FF rumor from ricehigh (More Pentax full frame DSLR camera rumors | Photo Rumors).. I'm surprised you guys haven't made that a multiple page saga yet.
RH is so full of bogus info he was banned from here eons ago.
10-14-2015, 09:57 AM   #94
Pentaxian




Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 883
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
photorumors has another Pentax FF rumor from ricehigh (More Pentax full frame DSLR camera rumors | Photo Rumors).. I'm surprised you guys haven't made that a multiple page saga yet.
Not much new information at all...

10-14-2015, 11:47 AM   #95
Senior Member
bilybianca's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Hassleholm, Sweden
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 221
QuoteOriginally posted by climbertrev Quote
I love this thread already for it's music

Here's my contribution - because we're all cowboys

Imperiet - C.C. Cowboys (Coca Cola Cowboys) - YouTube

Trevor
I love this thread because of all the Swedish music! Since nobody seems interested in talking Pentax in this thread, I can tell you I saw Imperiet live - in Managua 1986. A bit odd, since they as I come from Sweden. They were the first foreign group to visit Nicaragua after Carlos Santana in 1972!

Just my contribution to keep this thread alive.

Kjell
10-14-2015, 04:42 PM   #96
Pentaxian




Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 883
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bilybianca Quote
I love this thread because of all the Swedish music! Since nobody seems interested in talking Pentax in this thread, I can tell you I saw Imperiet live - in Managua 1986. A bit odd, since they as I come from Sweden. They were the first foreign group to visit Nicaragua after Carlos Santana in 1972!

Just my contribution to keep this thread alive.

Kjell
Let 's work together to make this thread alive. Wait FF with music! As far as we knew, CP+ next year is the time for FF... Before that, just speculation... 130 days to go!

---------- Post added 10-14-15 at 04:53 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by starjedi Quote
Let 's work together to make this thread alive. Wait FF with music! As far as we knew, CP+ next year is the time for FF... Before that, just speculation... 130 days to go!

Add some technical analysis for how to realize the handheld super shift pixels: I guess it is mainly on software development.

1) use current anti-shake to detect body move and compensate the shake with pixel shift.

2)detect the blurred part/artificial part and use the existing data to overide this part. So we do not need to have a 100% super raw but can allow 90% or even lower... The main details like mountains still will be great!

3) so it can work with scenes with moving object.. Just static parts are enhanced! It will still very useful!!!
10-14-2015, 05:36 PM   #97
Site Supporter
reh321's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: South Bend, IN, USA
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,732
QuoteOriginally posted by starjedi Quote
Let 's work together to make this thread alive. Wait FF with music! As far as we knew, CP+ next year is the time for FF... Before that, just speculation... 130 days to go!

---------- Post added 10-14-15 at 04:53 PM ----------




Add some technical analysis for how to realize the handheld super shift pixels: I guess it is mainly on software development.

1) use current anti-shake to detect body move and compensate the shake with pixel shift.

2)detect the blurred part/artificial part and use the existing data to overide this part. So we do not need to have a 100% super raw but can allow 90% or even lower... The main details like mountains still will be great!

3) so it can work with scenes with moving object.. Just static parts are enhanced! It will still very useful!!!
As a (retired) software developer, it sounds like a lot of work to me. I wonder whether the current processors are up to it, or whether we'd have to wait for Moore's Law to deliver more power.
10-14-2015, 06:29 PM   #98
Pentaxian




Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 883
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
As a (retired) software developer, it sounds like a lot of work to me. I wonder whether the current processors are up to it, or whether we'd have to wait for Moore's Law to deliver more power.
Fully agree. I also suspect that the development is not easy. For pixel-shifting technique, it has to be precise. Hand held contradicts with this fact.

10-15-2015, 06:12 PM   #99
Pentaxian




Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 883
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by starjedi Quote
First Pentax Non-Prototype/3DPrinting FF@Week of Feb 22, 2016

As an end of last counterdown, let's start a final countdown(hopefully). Only 140 days to go...

Current rumors (will update based on latest rumor):
36.3MP CMOS Sensor
Viewfinder Magnification: 0.78 coverage 98%
No 4K video
5 axis stabilization (4.5 stops)
Super resolution mode ( first on FF)
Fine composition adjustment ( first on FF)
50+ AF focus points
Adapted to 645 lenses
Price ~$2500
Announcement date: Week of Feb 22, 2016
Updated based on Oct 16 rumors!
10-15-2015, 08:55 PM   #100
Pentaxian
thibs's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belgium
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,161
QuoteOriginally posted by starjedi Quote
Updated based on Oct 16 rumors!
Even the VF coverage is not credible IMO.
10-16-2015, 04:16 PM   #101
Pentaxian




Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 883
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Even the VF coverage is not credible IMO.
0.78 too large? My initial guess is 0.75 :-)

---------- Post added 10-16-15 at 04:16 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Even the VF coverage is not credible IMO.
98% coverage too large? Heard not possible for 100%. My guess is 92%.

Last edited by starjedi; 10-16-2015 at 06:54 PM.
10-17-2015, 02:43 AM   #102
Pentaxian
Mistral75's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Paris
Posts: 2,781
QuoteOriginally posted by starjedi Quote
(...)
98% coverage too large? Heard not possible for 100%. My guess is 92%.
92% coverage would be a huge letdown. Even among entry-level 24x36 DSLRs, the coverage is much larger: 97% for Canon EOS 6D and 100% for Nikon D610.

On the other hand, 0.78x magnification (not coverage) is huge for a 24x36 DSLR (event though manual focus SLRs had a much larger one). Nikon D4s has 0.7x magnification and Canon EOS-1D X 0.76x. Only Sony Alpha 7R II's EVF reaches 0.78x.

Last edited by Mistral75; 10-17-2015 at 02:48 AM.
10-17-2015, 04:03 AM   #103
Pentaxian




Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 883
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
92% coverage would be a huge letdown. Even among entry-level 24x36 DSLRs, the coverage is much larger: 97% for Canon EOS 6D and 100% for Nikon D610.

On the other hand, 0.78x magnification (not coverage) is huge for a 24x36 DSLR (event though manual focus SLRs had a much larger one). Nikon D4s has 0.7x magnification and Canon EOS-1D X 0.76x. Only Sony Alpha 7R II's EVF reaches 0.78x.
I see. So 0.78x with 100% coverage will be gorgeous!
10-18-2015, 10:20 PM - 1 Like   #104
Pentaxian
thibs's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Belgium
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,161
QuoteOriginally posted by starjedi Quote
0.78 too large? My initial guess is 0.75 :-)

---------- Post added 10-16-15 at 04:16 PM ----------


98% coverage too large? Heard not possible for 100%. My guess is 92%.
Sorry for the delay: I meant that 100% coverage is IMO natural. It is can be done: Nikon and Canon do. Btw, Pentax offers 100% in their aps line, I don't expect a downgrade in a high end FF.
10-19-2015, 12:31 PM   #105
Veteran Member
patarok's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 351
1x 100%
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
25th 2016 cp, alive, camera, countdown, countdown to feb, coverage, cp, days, features, feb 25th, ff, flash, imo, matter, music, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, people, post, screen, shift, smartphone, thread, time, upload, vf, youtube
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New APSC Pentax by early 2016, using Sony A7000 sensor? falconeye Pentax News and Rumors 857 03-24-2016 08:45 PM
Ricoh Imaging is not doomed (or: Ricoh Financial Results Q1 2016) Kunzite Pentax News and Rumors 69 10-24-2015 10:31 AM
Pentax FF spring 2016 Daikokuya Pentax News and Rumors 971 10-14-2015 06:31 PM
2016 spring debut hansenn Pentax Full Frame 12 09-25-2015 08:05 AM
Photokina 2016 - FF RonHendriks1966 Pentax Full Frame 62 02-04-2015 10:43 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:02 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top