Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-16-2016, 02:34 AM   #1306
Site Supporter
kenspo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oslo
Posts: 1,878
Haha..you'll see tomorrow

02-16-2016, 02:35 AM   #1307
Pentaxian
Mistral75's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Paris
Posts: 2,777
Tease!
02-16-2016, 02:38 AM   #1308
Site Supporter
Rorschach's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Kuusamo, Finland
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 598
Tomorrow? You mean the day after tomorrow, 18th? :-)
02-16-2016, 02:40 AM   #1309
Pentaxian
Mistral75's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Paris
Posts: 2,777
QuoteOriginally posted by Rorschach Quote
Tomorrow? You mean the day after tomorrow, 18th? :-)
No, tomorrow night for kenspo and me who are in Europe. Announcement time is on the 18th in Japan at 7am JST, which is on the 17th at 10pm UTC.

02-16-2016, 02:51 AM   #1310
Site Supporter
kenspo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oslo
Posts: 1,878
What he said ^^
02-16-2016, 02:55 AM   #1311
Senior Member




Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Hamburg
Posts: 287
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
No, everything is released at the same time. Beside a few jaw dropping stuff on the camera, the only HW beside that i know about, is the battery grip
Those jaw droppers you keep mentioning are tickling me pink. Stop it!
02-16-2016, 02:59 AM   #1312
Site Supporter
kenspo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oslo
Posts: 1,878
Haha..sorry
02-16-2016, 02:59 AM - 2 Likes   #1313
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,883
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
No, tomorrow night for kenspo and me who are in Europe. Announcement time is on the 18th in Japan at 7am JST, which is on the 17th at 10pm UTC.
That is the beauty with time travel, and those living even further west out will get the news even earlier on the 17th. So you guys in the US, why don’t you tells us here in Europe as soon as you know?

02-16-2016, 03:10 AM   #1314
Pentaxian




Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Manila, Philippines
Posts: 1,008
QuoteOriginally posted by Gimbal Quote
That is the beauty with time travel, and those living even further west out will get the news even earlier on the 17th. So you guys in the US, why don’t you tells us here in Europe as soon as you know?
Well, the Pentax Cebu plant is just an hour away from my area by plane. But I doubt if they will let me in and grab one.
02-16-2016, 03:28 AM   #1315
Pentaxian
gazonk's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Oslo area, Norway
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,509
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Haha..you'll see tomorrow
You don't happen to also know the Norwegian lotto numbers from tomorrow, do you?
Getting them right would be a perfect match with the camera announcement
02-16-2016, 03:34 AM - 1 Like   #1316
Site Supporter
kenspo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oslo
Posts: 1,878
Hahahaha..yes, but need them myself
02-16-2016, 03:43 AM   #1317
Senior Member




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Surrey
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 175
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Hahahaha..yes, but need them myself
Hello Kenspo, sorry to throw yet another K-1 question on you
Any of those 'jaw-droppers' useful for street photography or social portrait?
Thank you
02-16-2016, 03:47 AM   #1318
Senior Member




Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 112
I really want to like this new FF and I've been eagerly waiting for it for years. I've sold a lot of my manual focus lenses in order to save enough money to buy the damn thing. BUT, the AF is going to be a deal breaker for me if it does not do what I need it do do, and that's subject tracking. I could not possibly care less about FPS, but the ability to track is crucial for me. I've just read the review of D750 at dpreview again and that thing seems to be doing miracles with its metering sensor when it comes to helping the AF system. It's a 91k pixel metering sensor. This new K1 will apparently have 86k metering sensor. I'm not an engineer, but I find it difficult to understand that it's that hard to try and do what Nikon is doing.

Please do not take this as trolling, I'm just summing up my first, gut reaction to the specs and to what I'm reading between kenspo's lines about his disappointments.

Sure, the K1 will have 25 cross type AF points and the D750 has only 15, but at the end of the day, it comes down to what a camera can do with those points.

I'm really waiting for the official release and first hands-on previews.

I really want to spend my money on a Pentax FF, but...
02-16-2016, 04:00 AM   #1319
Site Supporter
kenspo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oslo
Posts: 1,878
QuoteOriginally posted by davidsladek Quote
Hello Kenspo, sorry to throw yet another K-1 question on you
Any of those 'jaw-droppers' useful for street photography or social portrait?
Thank you

Yes to both, and shooting in the dark

---------- Post added 02-16-16 at 12:01 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by deepbluish Quote
I really want to like this new FF and I've been eagerly waiting for it for years. I've sold a lot of my manual focus lenses in order to save enough money to buy the damn thing. BUT, the AF is going to be a deal breaker for me if it does not do what I need it do do, and that's subject tracking. I could not possibly care less about FPS, but the ability to track is crucial for me. I've just read the review of D750 at dpreview again and that thing seems to be doing miracles with its metering sensor when it comes to helping the AF system. It's a 91k pixel metering sensor. This new K1 will apparently have 86k metering sensor. I'm not an engineer, but I find it difficult to understand that it's that hard to try and do what Nikon is doing.

Please do not take this as trolling, I'm just summing up my first, gut reaction to the specs and to what I'm reading between kenspo's lines about his disappointments.

Sure, the K1 will have 25 cross type AF points and the D750 has only 15, but at the end of the day, it comes down to what a camera can do with those points.

I'm really waiting for the official release and first hands-on previews.

I really want to spend my money on a Pentax FF, but...
Wait until the camera is really tested. AF can surprise us both in real life use
02-16-2016, 04:14 AM   #1320
Forum Member
LilithBaerchen's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 77
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
All the jaw dropping stuff isn't something i will talk about yet. That is also nothing i will need to my type of photography, but they have really done stuff for most pentaxians..If you look at the type of photographers use it.
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Yes to both, and shooting in the dark
I donīt want to get too close into interpretation, but you do a lot of concert photography, yet say the "shooting in the dark" thing wonīt help you? Is there a part of "jaw dropping stuff" beside the shooting in the dark thing you donīt need or are the concerts you shoot all in good light? ^^

(Sorry for trying to dig deeper into the information, but tomorrow is soooo loooong away )
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
25th 2016 cp, alive, camera, countdown, countdown to feb, coverage, cp, days, features, feb 25th, ff, flash, imo, matter, music, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, people, post, screen, shift, smartphone, thread, time, upload, vf, youtube
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New APSC Pentax by early 2016, using Sony A7000 sensor? falconeye Pentax News and Rumors 857 03-24-2016 08:45 PM
Ricoh Imaging is not doomed (or: Ricoh Financial Results Q1 2016) Kunzite Pentax News and Rumors 69 10-24-2015 10:31 AM
Pentax FF spring 2016 Daikokuya Pentax News and Rumors 971 10-14-2015 06:31 PM
2016 spring debut hansenn Pentax Full Frame 12 09-25-2015 08:05 AM
Photokina 2016 - FF RonHendriks1966 Pentax Full Frame 62 02-04-2015 10:43 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:21 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top