Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-01-2016, 05:43 PM   #496
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Maybe he fell through that space / time crack....................................................... oops.
We are lucky to have him (Kenspo) active in our forum. As a Pentax ambassor, he definitely shared his professional advices about K1 to manufacturer. As long as pros are satisfied with this camera, our pentaxians will be blessed.. That's my idea :-)

02-01-2016, 08:18 PM   #497
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
There are no inherently good or bad words, only the significance of the concepts we attach to them, a bit like cameras, really. I read in a WW2 Luftwaffe pilot's autobiography, many years ago, that an old German proverb said "Profanity is the laxative that purges the soul". In a probably futile effort to redirect the conversation back to the original topic, there's no doubt that there'll be some soul purging when the new Pentax body is finally released, one way or the other.
02-01-2016, 10:02 PM - 3 Likes   #498

If the Ambassadors like Kenspro have been involved in evaluating development cameras then I for one think that's a very sensible move by Ricoh because it will have ironed out the issues in the field. I also think that if they've actually been producing cameras for a quarter and there are already thousands of boxed bodies in a warehouse somewhere then Pentax are running an impressively tight and secure PR machine because no details on this camera have surfaced unofficially - heck we don't even know what it's called or how many pixels it has.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the delay in launching the 70-200 was due to issues thrown up in testing with the FF which implies the camera has been field testing since the Autumn.

I truly hope that after the 18th Feb every camera magazine and major photography website in the world has the Pentax K1 emblazoned across its front cover because this is a long overdue and much anticipated moment. Pentax are one of the greatest camera and lens makers in history, a true founding father of photography and if you doubt that - consider this:

1952 Asahiflex 1 First Japanese SLR camera and first to use 35mm film
1954 Asahiflex 2 World's first instant return mirror system eliminates mirror blackout when taking pictures
1957 Asahi Pentax introduces the fixed Pentaprism to enable eye level shooting through the lens
1957 Pentax Auto-Takumar lenses are the first lenses with automatic lens diaphragms controlled by internal signalling between body and lens to permit instantaneous stopdown and re-opening after shutter release. As a result the SLR becomes the dominant standard in photography.
1960 Pentax Spotmatic Pentax pioneers world's first in pentaprism TTL metering system
1962 David Bailey shoots the most famous fashion shoot in history with Jean Shrimpton in New York for Vogue on a Pentax 35mm Spotmatic S3. This is the first time Vogue publishes a major fashion spread not shot with a medium format camera and it launches Bailey and Shrimpton on a journey to superstardom. It changes the way fashion is shot for the rest of the decade and ushers in the 'new wave' style of photography.
1966 Pentax Nocta World's first infra-red focussing system enables focus confirmation in total darkness
1969 Pentax 6x7 world's first medium format camera with 35mm style handling and features
1971 Pentax ES World's first aperture priority mode with TTL metering
1971 Pentax invent multi-coating lens process for up to 9 layers of lens coating later licenced by Zeiss and everyone else. Even today Zeiss lenses use Pentax SMC coatings. Up to that point nobody had managed to put more than 4 layers of coating on a lens and many lenses still had no coatings or single layers.
1975 Pentax K mount launched
1976 Pentax MX World's smallest and lightest SLR camera
1979 Pentax ME Super World's first SLR with push-button control
1980 Pentax ME-F World's first autofocus SLR - a full 10 years before this became commonplace
1981 Pentax is the first manufacturer to produce 10 million SLR's
1985 Pentax D3000 First 35mm SLR camera with DX film sensing
1987 Pentax SF-7 World's first SLR with automatic pop up flash
1997 Pentax 645N World's first autofocus medium format camera
2001 Pentax abort launch of the world's first full frame DSLR due performance issues with Phillips designed sensor
2002 Pentax limited lenses widely hailed as the best autofocus SLR lenses in the world
2003 Pentax Ist d, first digital Pentax SLR and smallest and lightest DSLR in the world
2006 Pentax Ist DL - First DSLR for less than £500
2006 K100D Pentax first body with in body stabilisation (no Nikon or Canon camera to date has ever had this feature because they build it into their lenses, but you pay extra for it in cost, weight and bulk everytime you buy a lens...)
2008 Pentax K20D First budget/prosumer DSLR with weather sealing
2010 Pentax 645 D first digital medium format camera with SLR like handling qualities
2011 Pentax Q Worlds smallest and lightest interchangeable lens camera system launched
2011 Pentax 645D wins 'camera of the year' and voted best professional DSLR by TIPA
2013 Pentax K3 pioneer's world's first selectable anti-aliasing system, wins best DSLR of the year (TIPA)
2014 Pentax 645Z 51 megapixel medium format DSLR launched at a price point £7000 one third of its Hasselblad competitors. First medium format digital camera with on board video recording.
2015 DXO testing reveals 645Z to have the best sensor performance (and hence image quality) of any camera it has ever tested (and they've tested nearly all of them). These results are suppressed probably due to embarrassment on the part of Nikon and Canon whose full frame cameras do not even come close to the performance of 645Z.
2016 Pentax launches its first full frame DSLR (to worldwide acclaim!!)
(More of this history along with info on David Bailey on my blog)

This launch has got real momentum behind it and Pentax has true heritage behind it - an auspicious occasion for all of us.

Last edited by Parallax; 02-02-2016 at 05:52 PM.
02-01-2016, 10:15 PM   #499

QuoteOriginally posted by jonlg Quote
2006 K100D Pentax first body with in body stabilisation (no Nikon or Canon camera to date has ever had this feature because they build it into their lenses, but you pay extra for it in cost, weight and bulk everytime you buy a lens...)
I'm pretty sure that was Konica Minolta in 2004

02-01-2016, 10:16 PM   #500
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I never knew about Pentax's record but it surely is hefty. I guess other brands have also about the same record give or take a few successful projects. I believe Pentax should be properly promoted highlighting the best qualities of each camera. It's just letting people know about Pentax so that they will consider looking at Pentax.
02-01-2016, 10:22 PM   #501
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Dipsoid Quote
I'm pretty sure that was Konica Minolta in 2004
First PENTAX camera with SR.

Pentax first body with in body stabilisation
02-01-2016, 10:43 PM   #502
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Jonlg
Jonathan Gorse Photography
A3000 or A3 instead of D3000/D3.

Impressive list though

02-01-2016, 11:44 PM   #503
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
K10D was first Pentax body with weather sealing (K20D mentioned in list) Think it was 2006?
02-02-2016, 12:50 AM   #504
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GordonZA Quote
K10D was first Pentax body with weather sealing (K20D mentioned in list) Think it was 2006?
Yes. K10D
02-02-2016, 01:35 AM - 2 Likes   #505
Veteran Member

I dont have any parcel with the finished FF yet, since they haven't started send it yet. But I'm one of the first in line when they start the shipping

As most of you know, my hands are tied on the info i have..Earlier when i shared some snippets, i could find it on dpreview, photo rumours etc..i can't take that risk on the FF, they would eat me alive..haha!

But it will give you a wow!!!! So soon The FF combined with the new lenses, it will make waves!

I have said it many times, that the future is bright..and the brightness is just around the corner now
02-02-2016, 02:34 AM   #506

Kenspro,

I noticed you mentioned the FF combined with the new lenses making waves. Are you referring to the quality and performance of the lenses that are already well documented on the lens map (24-70, 70-200, 28-120 etc) or are there other lenses we don't know about yet?

jonlg
02-02-2016, 02:37 AM   #507
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Maybe he fell through that space / time crack....................................................... oops.
He only exists in this forum now.
02-02-2016, 02:43 AM - 1 Like   #508
Veteran Member

Kenspro,

I noticed you mentioned the FF combined with the new lenses making waves. Are you referring to the quality and performance of the lenses that are already well documented on the lens map (24-70, 70-200, 28-120 etc) or are there other lenses we don't know about yet?

jonlg
15-30, 24-70, 70-200 + the coming primes.

---------- Post added 02-02-16 at 10:43 AM ----------

Last edited by Tom S.; 02-02-2016 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Profane quote removed.
02-02-2016, 05:41 AM - 1 Like   #509

Love the history. I am a true believer too. That's why I am still with Pentax
If the Ambassadors like Kenspro have been involved in evaluating development cameras then I for one think that's a very sensible move by Ricoh because it will have ironed out the issues in the field. I also think that if they've actually been producing cameras for a quarter and there are already thousands of boxed bodies in a warehouse somewhere then Pentax are running an impressively tight and secure PR machine because no details on this camera have surfaced unofficially - heck we don't even know what it's called or how many pixels it has.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the delay in launching the 70-200 was due to issues thrown up in testing with the FF which implies the camera has been field testing since the Autumn.

I truly hope that after the 18th Feb every camera magazine and major photography website in the world has the Pentax K1 emblazoned across its front cover because this is a long overdue and much anticipated moment. Pentax are one of the greatest camera and lens makers in history, a true founding father of photography and if you doubt that - consider this:

1952 Asahiflex 1 First Japanese SLR camera and first to use 35mm film
1954 Asahiflex 2 World's first instant return mirror system eliminates mirror blackout when taking pictures
1957 Asahi Pentax introduces the fixed Pentaprism to enable eye level shooting through the lens
1957 Pentax Auto-Takumar lenses are the first lenses with automatic lens diaphragms controlled by internal signalling between body and lens to permit instantaneous stopdown and re-opening after shutter release. As a result the SLR becomes the dominant standard in photography.
1960 Pentax Spotmatic Pentax pioneers world's first in pentaprism TTL metering system
1962 David Bailey shoots the most famous fashion shoot in history with Jean Shrimpton in New York for Vogue on a Pentax 35mm Spotmatic S3. This is the first time Vogue publishes a major fashion spread not shot with a medium format camera and it launches Bailey and Shrimpton on a journey to superstardom. It changes the way fashion is shot for the rest of the decade and ushers in the 'new wave' style of photography.
1966 Pentax Nocta World's first infra-red focussing system enables focus confirmation in total darkness
1969 Pentax 6x7 world's first medium format camera with 35mm style handling and features
1971 Pentax ES World's first aperture priority mode with TTL metering
1971 Pentax invent multi-coating lens process for up to 9 layers of lens coating later licenced by Zeiss and everyone else. Even today Zeiss lenses use Pentax SMC coatings. Up to that point nobody had managed to put more than 4 layers of coating on a lens and many lenses still had no coatings or single layers.
1975 Pentax K mount launched
1976 Pentax MX World's smallest and lightest SLR camera
1979 Pentax ME Super World's first SLR with push-button control
1980 Pentax ME-F World's first autofocus SLR - a full 10 years before this became commonplace
1981 Pentax is the first manufacturer to produce 10 million SLR's
1987 Pentax SF-7 World's first SLR with automatic pop up flash
1997 Pentax 645N World's first autofocus medium format camera
2001 Pentax abort launch of the world's first full frame DSLR due performance issues with Phillips designed sensor
2002 Pentax limited lenses widely hailed as the best autofocus SLR lenses in the world
2003 Pentax Ist d, first digital Pentax SLR and smallest and lightest DSLR in the world
2006 Pentax Ist DL - First DSLR for less than £500
2008 Pentax K20D First budget/prosumer DSLR with weather sealing
2010 Pentax 645 D first digital medium format camera with SLR like handling qualities
2011 Pentax Q Worlds smallest and lightest interchangeable lens camera system launched
2011 Pentax 645D wins 'camera of the year' and voted best professional DSLR by TIPA
2013 Pentax K3 pioneer's world's first selectable anti-aliasing system, wins best DSLR of the year (TIPA)
2014 Pentax 645Z 51 megapixel medium format DSLR launched at a price point £7000 one third of its Hasselblad competitors. First medium format digital camera with on board video recording.
2015 DXO testing reveals 645Z to have the best sensor performance (and hence image quality) of any camera it has ever tested (and they've tested nearly all of them). These results are suppressed probably due to embarrassment on the part of Nikon and Canon whose full frame cameras do not even come close to the performance of 645Z.
2016 Pentax launches its first full frame DSLR (to worldwide acclaim!!)
(More of this history along with info on David Bailey on my blog)

This launch has got real momentum behind it and Pentax has true heritage behind it - an auspicious occasion for all of us.

Jonlg
Jonathan Gorse Photography
02-02-2016, 06:19 AM - 1 Like   #510
Veteran Member

Still doesn't like that some spell my name wrong..haha