Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 498 Likes Search this Thread
02-03-2016, 05:17 PM - 1 Like   #556
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
20 million times it has been discussed. Quick search would net you an answer. But I'll spare you the search and tell you we don't know definitively but the guesstimate is around 2000-2400 USD.
If the sensor is 36mp BSI, it might be above than that as $2500-$3000. If it is 4 year old one, it will be around $2000-$2500... Just my guess :-)

02-03-2016, 05:19 PM - 2 Likes   #557
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
A question... What is a pro?
Pro fashion photog, pro bird photog? I imagine different needs... I have doubts that a model plummets out the sky at 200 miles an hour after a pigeon?
02-03-2016, 05:29 PM   #558
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GordonZA Quote
Pro fashion photog, pro bird photog? I imagine different needs... I have doubts that a model plummets out the sky at 200 miles an hour after a pigeon?
It seems most people use that term to discern between commercial photographer and non-commercial.

The impression being a commercial photographer should theoretically be a savvy photographer.

I don't think this is always the case, however, in real life.
02-03-2016, 05:32 PM   #559
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Just think in another side: Pentax likes to listen the advise from professional photographers and satify their requirement first. Just like Sony GM lenses series, building like tanks(similar to Pentax 70-200 here..)

02-03-2016, 05:55 PM   #560
Imp
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by starjedi Quote
Just like Sony GM lenses series, building like tanks(similar to Pentax 70-200 here..)
Except the Sony GM fast zoom lenses are just finally being released... first Sony released a bunch of slower f/4 zooms. Pentax is doing it the other way around, with great, solid quality fast "professional" lenses complemented by a great body...
02-03-2016, 06:12 PM   #561
Veteran Member

Two weeks to go!!!
Yay!

Anyone else notice how nice and well-spaced the recent big camera announcements have been from Japan before CP+ 2016?

Nikon launches it's D5/D500, then a week or two later Fujifilm launches XPro2/XE2s, then a week or so later Olympus has a big product launch with the PEN-F, then about 1 week later Canon launches it's new flagship 1Dx II, then a little later Sony launches it's A6300 and new G Master FF lens line.

It's as if all these 'competitor' companies are working to a shared calendar. I guess now it's Ricoh's turn. All the major camera companies in Japan seem to have graciously left the stage clear for Pentax to do it's big launch.
02-03-2016, 06:19 PM   #562

Photos: Gallery
No, but they eat like birds then wobble around on stage and collapse....

Last edited by indy; 02-03-2016 at 07:03 PM.
02-03-2016, 06:27 PM   #563
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I think the general rule is to be a "pro" (pro photographer; pro baseball player; pro artist, pro actor; pro driver, pro pool player,, etc) you must earn at least half of your yearly income from that activity. However, the term obviously is also used casually, as in "pro sports fan" or "pro bluffer" or "pro teller of tall tales."
02-03-2016, 06:33 PM   #564
Imp
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Yay!

Anyone else notice how nice and well-spaced the recent big camera announcements have been from Japan before CP+ 2016?

Nikon launches it's D5/D500, then a week or two later Fujifilm launches XPro2/XE2s, then a week or so later Olympus has a big product launch with the PEN-F, then about 1 week later Canon launches it's new flagship 1Dx II, then a little later Sony launches it's A6300 and new G Master FF lens line.

It's as if all these 'competitor' companies are working to a shared calendar. I guess now it's Ricoh's turn. All the major camera companies in Japan seem to have graciously left the stage clear for Pentax to do it's big launch.
hehe, I wonder...
02-03-2016, 06:57 PM   #565
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Imp Quote
hehe, I wonder...
One rumor said tomorrow...
02-03-2016, 07:07 PM - 1 Like   #566
mee
Veteran Member

One rumor said tomorrow...
Soooooo ?

Anyone can generate a rumor by saying 'I heard.." followed by whatever they want to float into people's minds. So I wouldn't pay them any attention unless what they are saying makes sense... and even then I'm still skeptical until it happens. Too many people have invented rumors just for the sake of causing a stir in the past on this site...

And so far we've heard rumors for 24MP, 36MP, and 42MP sensors used.. BSI and not... 100% and 78%.. etc

It becomes a game for some people.. please be mindful of that.
02-03-2016, 07:59 PM   #567
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Soooooo ?

Anyone can generate a rumor by saying 'I heard.." followed by whatever they want to float into people's minds. So I wouldn't pay them any attention unless what they are saying makes sense... and even then I'm still skeptical until it happens. Too many people have invented rumors just for the sake of causing a stir in the past on this site...

And so far we've heard rumors for 24MP, 36MP, and 42MP sensors used.. BSI and not... 100% and 78%.. etc

It becomes a game for some people.. please be mindful of that.
You are right. What I saw said today was supposed to be the day. I did not share it with the forum just for the reason you mentioned. I also saw specs and shot with the camera. But until I see it officially announced, I am not going to confirm anything. If half of what I saw comes true, we are in for a nice surprise... with the biggest one being the price. But again no word from me until the official announcement comes. Hopefully it is sooner than we all think and are told.
02-03-2016, 08:39 PM   #568
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by btnapa Quote
You are right. What I saw said today was supposed to be the day. I did not share it with the forum just for the reason you mentioned. I also saw specs and shot with the camera. But until I see it officially announced, I am not going to confirm anything. If half of what I saw comes true, we are in for a nice surprise... with the biggest one being the price. But again no word from me until the official announcement comes. Hopefully it is sooner than we all think and are told.
Okay. Then another rumor: 2/18, free to say...
02-03-2016, 09:23 PM   #569
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by btnapa Quote
If half of what I saw comes true, we are in for a nice surprise... with the biggest one being the price.
I like this part.. haha.. but as you all said.. this are just rumors.. Just a little bit more to wait and we can all start talking with real facts.
02-04-2016, 01:56 AM   #570
Pentaxian

Two weeks to go!!!

My current questions eager to know are:

1). Is 36mp sensor BSI sensor?
2) class leading OVF?
3) fast AF?
4)Full screen AF coverage?
5)what the prime lenses to be reveal? DFA 85 1.4 sounds to be a safe bet as K1 targets pros first?
1) No
2) Yes
3) Define 'fast'
4) No, by far (nobody does save for mirrorless cameras with on-sensor phase detection autofocus)
5) Mostly revamped lenses.