Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-05-2016, 03:54 AM   #616
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I really don't care how much the Canon Eos 5D Mark III or the Sony A7 II is in relation to the full-frame: I'm not buying those. It may, however matter to someone who is venturing into full-frame, and not already heavily committed to one system or another.

02-05-2016, 04:14 AM - 2 Likes   #617
Veteran Member

I have offers from others..and i dont have to pay to switch systems, i get paid to do so..But i still stay with Pentax..that should be a good sign on whats to come
02-05-2016, 04:41 AM   #618
Pentaxian

New Patent on photorumors>egami the It hints at a hybrid viewfinder. Will that be the big surprise in the K-1?
Two new Ricoh patents for improved live view and random pattern focusing screen | Pentax Rumors

QuoteOriginally posted by egami:
Ricoh patents

Looking at the video of the live view, it flickers will occur. Common cause would be a flicker. It will be like squeezing operation on the other. In the flicker or stop operating, because is not the brightness of the subject is relatively changed, the photographer So you would feel the flickering.
If from a person familiar to the optical viewfinder, because it is natural to be a high-quality, I would have felt uncomfortable in the live view. Although some manufacturers have already realized the high-quality live view, you would know-how that was nourished by the video camera.
Ricoh patent application is devising a live view image to be displayed on the behavior before and after the start stop, it is what you do not flicker. Pentax future of the camera is, in the live view and video, I do not maybe be operated diaphragm without having to worry about the flickering.
QuoteOriginally posted by egami:
Moire

Focusing screen of a single-lens reflex are often those who have a regular uneven, moire and diffraction or the like occurs, it gives the viewfinder image with a sense of discomfort to the user. So it can also be regarded as the focus by the occurrence of moire, personally to moire of OVF image has been helped. However, depending on the frequency of the subject because there is also a possibility that moire even occurs not Jasupin, Will not that it has come to no. Incidentally, peaking in the EVF is often used, but may be displayed when this is also not a Jasupin, it is careful because would not be mistaken to be a Jasupin the photographer.
Left common focusing screen schematic view showing a moire, right figure does not occur but the focusing screen of the embodiment in Patent Moire
Ricoh patent applications are focusing screen utilizing the randomness obtained by chemically or physically alter the material. Pentax full-size SLR viewfinder has become fun.

Last edited by D1N0; 02-05-2016 at 04:47 AM.
02-05-2016, 04:45 AM   #619
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
New Patent on photorumors>egami the It hints at a hybrid viewfinder. Will that be the big surprise in the K-1?
Two new Ricoh patents for improved live view and random pattern focusing screen | Pentax Rumors
I doubt they add the patent after production? Or are they published with such a huge time-delay in Japan?

02-05-2016, 04:51 AM - 1 Like   #620
Veteran Member

Just spoke with Ricoh now. Nothing I'm allowed to share yet..but soon
02-05-2016, 04:52 AM - 1 Like   #621
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dan Rentea Quote
Canon 24-70mm f4L has 4 stops image stabilisation on the lens, it's weather and dust resistant and has a semi macro mode with a 0.7x magnification. Pentax however is one stop faster, but it's bigger and 187g heavier. I'm not sure wich is better optical because I haven't touched the Pentax lens.

I do hope Pentax full frame will be a superior camera to 5D Mark III and I do hope it's at least the same in terms of performance as Nikon D810 which is an impressive camera.
Considering the 24-70 f2.8 is the same as the Tamron 24-70, you can compare the two lenses on Photozone. Klaus there, really didn't like the 24-70 f4 due to some focus shifting issues, while he gave the Tamron 24-70 f2.8 a really good review.

I own the 24-70 and it is a really nice lens. I've mounted it on a film camera and it seems fine (doesn't auto focus of course), but I'm sure it will have more vignetting on full frame (in reviews seems to be primarily at f2.8 and 24mm).

Last edited by Rondec; 02-05-2016 at 07:12 AM.
02-05-2016, 05:06 AM - 1 Like   #622
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by LilithBaerchen Quote
Hu? I donīt understand this one?!
"Get thee behind me, Satan!" is from the Bible. But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

"Get thee behind me, Satan, and push" is a twist on this - "Yes, I want to be tempted, push me into it."

02-05-2016, 05:12 AM   #623
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by LilithBaerchen Quote
I doubt they add the patent after production? Or are they published with such a huge time-delay in Japan?
They keep it under their hat, to not give away too much? It is not likely Canonikon would do something so drastic anyway and who else is making dslrs.

---------- Post added 05-02-16 at 14:17 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
QuoteOriginally posted by asahiman two hours ago on dpreview:
Actually the K-1 embargo ends with beginning of CP+.
Best regards
soon?
02-05-2016, 05:21 AM   #624
Pentaxian

Erh...
Sorry, is there anything understandable here besides hybrid VF ?
The best of both words !!!
02-05-2016, 05:21 AM   #625
Veteran Member

@D1N0 I haven't seen asahiman's post on dpreview, but he knows what i know then I'll get the press release to see sometime before CP+
02-05-2016, 05:21 AM   #626

You really are doing an extremely good job of keeping us in suspense. As soon as I read this, 18th really seems like a very long time to wait for the news.

FWIW, all I care about the FF is that it actually is FF and that the focusing system is improved. Improved a lot. Currently my Fuji X-T10 is wiping the floor with my K5 when it comes to focusing. Wide coverage with AF points would also be a big deal.
02-05-2016, 05:22 AM   #627
Pentaxian

They keep it under their hat, to not give away too much? It is not likely Canonikon would do something so drastic anyway and who else is making dslrs.

---------- Post added 05-02-16 at 14:17 ----------

soon?
Sooner than late, this time, for sure.
02-05-2016, 05:25 AM   #628
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
Erh...
Sorry, is there anything understandable here besides hybrid VF ?
It doesn't say Hybrid VF anywhere. It points at one though. I've never experienced moire problems on my focussing screen or flicker problems in live view. So what are these patents a solution for?
02-05-2016, 05:25 AM   #629
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Soon... is sooner or later than expected here? How do you consider it?
02-05-2016, 05:26 AM   #630
Pentaxian

@D1N0 I haven't seen asahiman's post on dpreview, but he knows what i know then I'll get the press release to see sometime before CP+
And he revealed the name