Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-06-2016, 12:10 PM   #721
Pentaxian

I couldn't agree more, wait, did you say Nikon? Get out of here!

02-06-2016, 12:19 PM   #722
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Gimbal Quote
The only thing we know for sure is that they should have used the other one.
:-D.

Summed up nicely, Gimbal!
02-06-2016, 12:39 PM   #723
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Last month, someone was using Nikon bodies as a positive example in a comparison on features and they were told by a long standing member to leave the forums. Literally stop coming here.
Just because one extreme is bad doesn't mean the other is OK.
As for the "open dialogue", I've already expressed my opinion on that. Anyway, this is my last post on the subject, as it's getting too long anyway.
02-06-2016, 01:32 PM   #724
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Just because one extreme is bad doesn't mean the other is OK.
As for the "open dialogue", I've already expressed my opinion on that. Anyway, this is my last post on the subject, as it's getting too long anyway.
Take it easy. I think in this forum, every one has the right to express the opinion. No matter how dislike Pentax or other brands, speaking out clearly why will still benefit the community...

I like the recent post by Pentax staff which list clearly Pentax advantages and disadvantages. Now a days, no brand is perfect.

02-06-2016, 01:57 PM   #725
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I blame the death of a classical education. There was a time when rhetoric was taught in schools, and people were exposed to philosophy -> the love of thinking.

Bonus time means cash infusion... bring on the announcement and separate a fool from his money!
02-06-2016, 02:08 PM - 1 Like   #726
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
I blame the death of a classical education. There was a time when rhetoric was taught in schools, and people were exposed to philosophy -> the love of thinking.
Yeah, Odysseus would have been a Pentaxian - all those tragedies, such melancholy! :-D
02-06-2016, 02:13 PM   #727
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Has anyone ever done an age survey of Pentax forum members? I'm in my mid-fifties, and I get the impression that I'm in the mid-age range - just interested, I suppose, with the idea of a classical education being brought up.

02-06-2016, 02:14 PM   #728
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

42 but I'm an old soul
02-06-2016, 02:19 PM   #729
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
Good point. I remember having numerous sanctioned debates and general topic discussions in (High School) class. Usually in the History, Social Studies, or even Geography classes... Either the class would break into opposing viewpoints and (rigorously yet politely) argue their case or someone would ask a question and the response would find another student giving a different view point which would warrant a rebuttal from the teacher or another student.. and off we'd go for an hour or so haha.. thoughts and views bouncing off of each other whenever we had something to say. I really enjoyed that.

In college it was seen but not as much. And, it seemed to me, where professor/instructor was more opposed to differing viewpoints or discussion on them are the ones that acted much more totalitarian and, in general, were simply angrier than the other professors/instructors. My way or the highway.
02-06-2016, 02:24 PM   #730
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by starjedi Quote
I like the recent post by Pentax staff which list clearly Pentax advantages and disadvantages. Now a days, no brand is perfect.
I don't think there was a perfect brand, ever. Even a "perfect" camera would still be a compromise - there will be a choice of conflicting characteristics, no matter what. There's no "one size fits all".
I'm staying with Pentax not because I delude myself that it's perfect (and by the way, I find this allusion a bit insulting), but because their usual characteristics suit me better than other brands'.

But the other matter has nothing to do with this; and on that subject I have nothing more to say than what I did here
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/16-pentax-news-rumors/305513-final-countd...ml#post3518285
I think I have a point, perhaps you should read it and think a bit about what I said there.
02-06-2016, 02:33 PM   #731
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
Has anyone ever done an age survey of Pentax forum members? I'm in my mid-fifties, and I get the impression that I'm in the mid-age range - just interested, I suppose, with the idea of a classical education being brought up.

I've been meaning to do one, you just convinced me to configure one -- https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/14-general-talk/313450-how-old-you-poll.html
02-06-2016, 02:46 PM   #732
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've been meaning to do one, you just convinced me to configure one
good - thanks - polled
02-06-2016, 02:46 PM   #733
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ffking Quote
47 yrs.
Journalist.
I like the idea
02-06-2016, 02:48 PM   #734
Pentaxian

Well, this thread is a countdown for a DSLR, not for human surfers
02-06-2016, 02:51 PM   #735
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
Well, this thread is a countdown for a DSLR, not for human websters
such things have been taken into consideration

I've been meaning to do one, you just convinced me to configure one -- How old are you? (POLL)