Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 498 Likes Search this Thread
02-10-2016, 04:06 AM   #916
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Pentax will wait with mirrorless until after Canon and Nikon have shown their camera's and then make a better system

02-10-2016, 05:05 AM   #917
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Pentax will wait with mirrorless until after Canon and Nikon have shown their camera's and then make a better system
Well after the K-01 and Q system Ricoh better aviods mirrorless ;-)
02-10-2016, 05:12 AM - 2 Likes   #918
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by iudex Quote
Donīt say anything bad about the Q - itīs a beautiful camera
02-10-2016, 05:28 AM   #919
Pentaxian

Don't say anything bad about K-01 concept, it's a smart invention.

02-10-2016, 05:28 AM   #920
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LilithBaerchen Quote
Donīt say anything bad about the Q - itīs a beautiful camera
Maybe it is, but itīs not a mirrorless system someone takes seriously. Teenage Japanese girls like and buy it, but with itīs tiny sensor it competes with smartphones and not with other mirrorless cameras. And entering mirrorless segment (APSC, 4/3, FF) is a bit too late and for a small company like Ricoh also financially unbearable.
02-10-2016, 05:34 AM   #921
Pentaxian

Maybe it is, but itīs not a mirrorless system someone takes seriously. Teenage Japanese girls like and buy it, but with itīs tiny sensor it competes with smartphones and not with other mirrorless cameras. And entering mirrorless segment (APSC, 4/3, FF) is a bit too late and for a small company like Ricoh also financially unbearable.
Assumptions assumptions. What's so hard about mirrorless? The technology is more simple than dslr because it is mostly electronic. The worst part is the lenses. You need an entire new line up. And q users are Japanese girls? A lot of Q-users are DSLR shooters, who have it as a pocketable take anywhere camera.
02-10-2016, 05:56 AM   #922
Veteran Member

I take it seriously, and I don't think Ricoh is a small company, either.

02-10-2016, 05:57 AM   #923
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Assumptions assumptions. What's so hard about mirrorless? The technology is more simple than dslr because it is mostly electronic. The worst part is the lenses. You need an entire new line up. And q users are Japanese girls? A lot of Q-users are DSLR shooters, who have it as a pocketable take anywhere camera.
No assumptions, have a look at sales numbers. That you know a couple of Pentaxians (itself a small group compared to C/N owners) who happen to buy the Q (as a toy mostly) says nothing. Even highly respected mirrorless producers liky Fuji have hard times selling sufficient number of cameras and achieving profit (Olympus was producing loss untill 2014?). So entering a small, but highly competitive market and being succesful is tough. And as you say: itīs about lenses: Ricoh has to concentrate now on FF DSLR lenses, it surely has no funds to develop completely new portfolio of mirrorless lenses. And the K-01 system (mirrorless using DSLR lenses) was a clear flop, even Ricoh admits this.
02-10-2016, 06:09 AM   #924
Pentaxian

No assumptions, have a look at sales numbers. That you know a couple of Pentaxians (itself a small group compared to C/N owners) who happen to buy the Q (as a toy mostly) says nothing. Even highly respected mirrorless producers liky Fuji have hard times selling sufficient number of cameras and achieving profit (Olympus was producing loss untill 2014?). So entering a small, but highly competitive market and being succesful is tough. And as you say: itīs about lenses: Ricoh has to concentrate now on FF DSLR lenses, it surely has no funds to develop completely new portfolio of mirrorless lenses. And the K-01 system (mirrorless using DSLR lenses) was a clear flop, even Ricoh admits this.
You look at sales figures and see Japanese girls. That is an assumption. Pentax and Ricoh have a name in photography so it is never too late to jump into mirrorless. The GXR system was a mirrorless system remember? They will focus on DSLR's for now but there is a mirrorless plan which will be set into motion once Canon and Nikon put their cards on the Table.
02-10-2016, 06:23 AM   #925
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Cynog Ap Brychan Quote
I don't think Ricoh is a small company, either.
And how would you describe a company which market share is 4,5% ( DSLR sales in 2015; compare to Canon: 54,7% and Nikon 39,1%)?
02-10-2016, 06:25 AM   #926
Veteran Member

Original Poster
And how would you describe a company which market share is 4,5% ( DSLR sales in 2015; compare to Canon: 54,7% and Nikon 39,1%)?
Ricoh is a big company. Just Pentax it bought is small..
02-10-2016, 06:33 AM - 2 Likes   #927
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
No, but they better subtract Mark Newson and add EVF and Wifi.
02-10-2016, 06:42 AM   #928

QuoteOriginally posted by mamba909 Quote
Ugh, I need to stop following this thread. The anticipation is killing me!

Funny thing is, the only question I have for the FF is this: Will it come in gunmetal (or even silver)? I regretted being an early adopter of the K-3 only because the gunmetal version that released later looked so nice. The K-3 was more camera than I really wanted/needed.

Oh, and I don't remember seeing info on whether or not it's weather resistant.

Other than that, my money and I are ready for it!
ok guys, here we go, let me put an end to your miseries- the D'Day is 19th and don't forget to drop me a thank you note on 19th please

---------- Post added 02-10-16 at 06:43 AM ----------

19th Feb 2016 to be more precise!
02-10-2016, 06:49 AM - 1 Like   #929
Pentaxian

it's the 25th
02-10-2016, 06:58 AM   #930
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
... while making money? A lot better than a huge one bleeding.

I would not be surprised at all if the Q did bring better ROI than Samsung's mirrorless effort.