Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 498 Likes Search this Thread
02-10-2016, 09:52 AM   #946
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by UserAccessDenied Quote
(...)

That's what I figured, the viewfinder will still show the full-frame.
The (optical) viewfinder will necessarily show the full picture (with heavy vignetting and dark corners if the lens's image circle is limited to APS-C) but one might imagine an LCD overlay dimming the outer zone (the portion of the image outside the APS-C crop).

02-10-2016, 09:57 AM   #947
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
Regarding this mirrorless talk... I have the strong feeling a FF Ricoh GR is about to emerge. So that's what we could (and should!) expect instead of a K-02.

(Still loving my K-01!)
Maybe, but the GR isn't an ILC... It's more akin to a Sony RX100 than a A6000. So far, the best but somewhat limited shot at the mirrorless market has been the Q line. Although not officially dead, if nothing is annouced at CP+ it will certainly be right to call it "factually dead".
02-10-2016, 10:03 AM   #948
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
With only 2 weeks to go before we get some sort of official (?) announcement, I am surprised to find that there isn't at least a minimum "leakage" of some sort about this K1... I mean some "official leakage" .
Not that I will buy a FF (just received my K3 today) but I am truly interested to know the official specs of this camera.
02-10-2016, 10:35 AM   #949

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Feb 3 was the start of product training for service employees
Sorry to join in here without properly introducing myself, but the training for the Service Employees starts 25th of feb (europe that is)
For "us" there are no specs available either yet.

02-10-2016, 10:38 AM   #950
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Imaging Quote
Sorry to join in here without properly introducing myself, but the training for the Service Employees starts 25th of feb (europe that is)
This was in Asia (where-ever Asahiman is)
02-10-2016, 10:43 AM - 1 Like   #951
Pentaxian

Asahi Man is German.
02-10-2016, 10:45 AM   #952
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Imaging Quote
Welcome to the forums!

Ricoh are clearly running tight information control about the FF. Must be a record for the camera industry.

02-10-2016, 11:10 AM   #953
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
Asahi Man is German.
No, philipino based in Philipines.
02-10-2016, 11:12 AM - 1 Like   #954
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
No, philipino based in Philipines.
He is Russian and lives next door
02-10-2016, 11:17 AM   #955

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Welcome to the forums!

Ricoh are clearly running tight information control about the FF. Must be a record for the camera industry.
They are. Good thing or bad. Since our training starts at and after the 25th. You could assume that most specs etc will also be revealed around that date. Training will probably take about a day, maybe two at most. Sales probably short after that.
02-10-2016, 11:17 AM   #956
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by iudex Quote
Maybe it is, but it´s not a mirrorless system someone takes seriously. Teenage Japanese girls like and buy it, but with it´s tiny sensor it competes with smartphones and not with other mirrorless cameras. And entering mirrorless segment (APSC, 4/3, FF) is a bit too late and for a small company like Ricoh also financially unbearable.
Do you have a Q?? My Mileage Definitely Varies from your comments!!

Several years ago my primary camera was a Canon Rebel. When it unexpectedly died, I had no viable secondary camera (my only other digital camera was a Canon Elph), so I quickly went out and, without taking time to do any analysis, bought another Rebel. Then, thirteen months ago, I bought a Q-7 to replace the Elph, and over the next six months it proved itself (I have posted here how it has given me better pictures, even in darkish situations, than a 5-year-old DSLR would, for example), so when the replacement Rebel died I used the Q as my secondary camera while I systematically looked for a Pentax DSLR in the same price range as a Rebel. Eventually I bought a K-30. The K-30 is clearly my primary camera, but even having it available, I take almost as many pictures with my Q-7. Regardless of conditions, if I display images from both on a computer screen (I don't make large prints nor do I examine images under high magnification), I cannot readily/reliably identify which images were taken with which camera.

Last edited by reh321; 02-10-2016 at 11:23 AM.
02-10-2016, 12:03 PM   #957
Veteran Member

Hey folks,

thanks for answering my question regarding the cropmode and FF advantages. I am highly excited about the camera and the use of the great DA glasses in Crop mode. time will show

I read in an german dslr board also some stuff about the new upcoming pentax. and sites over sites the discussion was about the megapixel the cam would have or would not have.
May be one can let me in... how many do we need? I get it that the crop mode will devour some and to get an decent quality we need to have some in spare, but who really needs 42 and beyond? Canon just released a cam with a sensor that has 20,1 megapixel for almost 6 Grand.

To print an nice shot in DIN A3 (european unit) for your wall you need somewhat 10 megapixel. Apple made a campaign called "shot with iphone 6" and printed large posters and hang them in the trainstation in hamburg (they were of course prepared for large formats).
I don't get the fuzz about the megapixel hype. (I actually hope that the FF would not have 36... that would require an hardware update of my computer to enjoy the shots )
02-10-2016, 12:06 PM   #958
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
he is russian and lives next door
lol !!!
So just btw Europe and Asia
02-10-2016, 12:10 PM   #959
Pentaxian

I don't think asahiman is German, because Germans have better English. Philipino's too. Maybe Vietnamese or Chinese.
02-10-2016, 12:27 PM - 2 Likes   #960
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
I don't think asahiman is German, because Germans have better English. Philipino's too. Maybe Vietnamese or Chinese.
That's what she wants you to think