Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 498 Likes Search this Thread
02-11-2016, 05:25 AM   #1006
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
1: It will be much better.

2: Haven't asked about pixel shift, but sure its there. But super? what you mean by that?

3: It will be the same as the Tamron one, just with a bit different coating and name on.

4: I won't/can't answer

5: One of those

6: They said 2000 Euro..I guess it doesn't contains any taxes (different countries, different taxes)

Im speaking in general now, since so many people ask me stuff. Im an ambassador yes, but my contract/work range, is towards pros and the pro marked. Which will be much easier now as FF finally arrives. I write stuff, share some stuff now and then here, cause i want too..not because they expect me too.

With that said, i also hope you understand that i dont know everything, haven't asked them, or haven't always the time to be the guy with all the answers etc. Im here cause i think PF is a nice place with nice people..So I'm here cause i want to, not because i have to be. So dont get angry with me for not always be able to help or answer

Excellent. Thanks for your candid answers. Actually, there is no difference for me to know today or know it one week later or two week later as long as there is no further one quarter, one year, or fifteen years delay this time. One week to go!

02-11-2016, 05:27 AM   #1007

From
new K1 rumor...: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

QuoteQuote:
This info is from an actual ricoh briefing
A close friend gave me some interesting news, the person in question attended a briefing from ricoh. new full frame will have a tweaked version of the sony sensor in the nikon d810 36mp and is reported to have slightly better dynamic range than the 14.8 stops of the nikon !.(been waiting for this) we know about the auto format switching ,but adds a function where on certain lenses the camera will, in software expand asp-c shots with edge problems out to full frame, but will only be for a few lenses. Gps and astrotrac in built, many other features but they have been sworn to secrecy and any other info will put their reputation in trouble. announce in march, ship world wide April recomended price $2999.00 aud with a street of $2700.00 Aud
Sorry about the delay replying the new software feature is defiantly not digital zooming, i have been told that it is something new not seen on a camera before, and was told that it is some sort of adaptation of technology ricoh use in their high end copiers, it is superposed to take poor edge and corner info and bring the quality up to be on par with the centre, sounds a bit like the tech used to straighten and lighten the centre of a double stapled page with out loss of quality in a very high end photocopier and ricoh certainly make those, however it would want to be completely switch-able, so if real , we should be able to turn it off, i imagine it would take some serious computing power to do it on the fly or it may slow things down a bit. so with auto or manual format switching and all the stuff from the k3ii it sounds like a promising machine
02-11-2016, 05:30 AM - 2 Likes   #1008
Veteran Member

Can confirm most of this info ^^
02-11-2016, 05:32 AM   #1009
Forum Member

Feel free to be more specific - we have the time to read it all

02-11-2016, 05:33 AM   #1010
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Interesting, the method of programmatically de-vignetting photos with dark corners (especially helpful for some APS-C lenses). I don't know if this already exists in other cameras and I guess this is for JPG only (RAW would be a big bonus).
02-11-2016, 05:40 AM   #1011
Pentaxian

As in, everything except the sensor, the software function, announcement and shipping dates and prices?
(watch out for those ninjas!)
02-11-2016, 05:45 AM   #1012
Pentaxian

This is an old piece of news, two pieces actually.

This part:
QuoteOriginally posted by zardos123:
A close friend gave me some interesting news, the person in question attended a briefing from ricoh. new full frame will have a tweaked version of the sony sensor in the nikon d810 36mp and is reported to have slightly better dynamic range than the 14.8 stops of the nikon !.(been waiting for this) we know about the auto format switching ,but adds a function where on certain lenses the camera will, in software expand asp-c shots with edge problems out to full frame, but will only be for a few lenses. Gps and astrotrac in built, many other features but they have been sworn to secrecy and any other info will put their reputation in trouble. announce in march, ship world wide April recomended price $2999.00 aud with a street of $2700.00 Aud
is three weeks old: news from an insider: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

and "announce in march" isn't true.

That part:
QuoteOriginally posted by zardos123:
Sorry about the delay replying the new software feature is defiantly not digital zooming, i have been told that it is something new not seen on a camera before, and was told that it is some sort of adaptation of technology ricoh use in their high end copiers, it is superposed to take poor edge and corner info and bring the quality up to be on par with the centre, sounds a bit like the tech used to straighten and lighten the centre of a double stapled page with out loss of quality in a very high end photocopier and ricoh certainly make those, however it would want to be completely switch-able, so if real , we should be able to turn it off, i imagine it would take some serious computing power to do it on the fly or it may slow things down a bit. so with auto or manual format switching and all the stuff from the k3ii it sounds like a promising machine
is also three weeks old: news from an insider: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

The guy is just copying and pasting together in another thread two posts he made three weeks ago.

02-11-2016, 05:45 AM   #1013
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
Interesting, the method of programmatically de-vignetting photos with dark corners (especially helpful for some APS-C lenses). I don't know if this already exists in other cameras and I guess this is for JPG only (RAW would be a big bonus).
Exists massively in the mirrorless scene. The camera pre adjusts for each lens mounted. Have a look at some of the Fuji lens tests at Photozone. It is almost as if the lens is designed with auto correction in mind. Vignetting, barrel, pincushion? bah we can fix it afterwards

Extreme Example

Last edited by robbiec; 02-11-2016 at 06:00 AM.
02-11-2016, 05:49 AM   #1014

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
This is an old piece of news, two pieces actually.

You are right. Thought it sounded familiar.
02-11-2016, 05:51 AM   #1015
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
Vignetting (+ lateral CA and distortion) correction based on a lens profile stored in the camera is quite common: µ4/3 system, Sony E system, Fujifilm X and more. It's included (as an option) in Pentax cameras since K-7 IIRC.
02-11-2016, 06:09 AM   #1016
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Herr Ur Quote
where on certain lenses the camera will, in software expand asp-c shots with edge problems out to full frame
I'm sort of hoping the 35mm Limited Macro will be on this list - I'm given to understand it has exactly these problems at infinity. Of course to keep the same FOV in the change up I would probably be considering a 50 D-FA macro anyway, which would make the full-frame the second consecutive Pentax DSLR body I have ordered shipped with a normal-perspective macro lens...
02-11-2016, 06:24 AM   #1017
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The Pentax full frame may be revealed behind closed doors, only to authorized Pentaxians, in order to prevent competitors to copy innovations from Ricoh, that's why there is currently nothing on DPR, except Canon, Nikon and Fuji latest articles.
02-11-2016, 06:34 AM   #1018
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
The Pentax full frame may be revealed behind closed doors, only to authorized Pentaxians, in order to prevent competitors to copy innovations from Ricoh, that's why there is currently nothing on DPR, except Canon, Nikon and Fuji latest articles.
I believe here's going to a an NDA on all purchasers too
02-11-2016, 06:34 AM   #1019
Veteran Member

Original Poster
$2700 AUD is about $1900 USD...
02-11-2016, 06:40 AM   #1020
Veteran Member

Two years ago I would have been perfectly happy if Ricoh just released a K-3 with a 24MP full-frame sensor and called it the K-1. Now, after all these FF delays and rumours, and the release of some pretty impressive cameras from competitors, I really hope Ricoh bring something new and impressive to the table with the K-1. Not merely some APS-C cropping and lens correction options that, in one form or another, every other FF camera in the world has already.