QuoteOriginally posted by 6BQ5 Quote
But, what would be the point?
click bait?
were already at page 7

10-16-2015, 06:30 AM   #92
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Don't confuse very rough draft with fake.
I see what you mean, but there's just a general gestalt about it that feels all wrong to me.
10-16-2015, 06:40 AM   #93
Pentaxian

Well, fake or not, hard to tell. Especially as these are not exclusive possibilities. The misalignment of the text size with box sizes and therefore some wordwrapping etc. could (sic!) indicate that this might have originally been a slide written in another language and just roughly translated as a draft. Still, using foveon images as placeholders would be quite unlikely within the company, but what if a printed leaflet, or photographed slide from an presentation was recreated by an loosely related viewer to be spread over the internet... Just to show some possibilities, not to claim that's how it happened.

Whatever, the content does not seem to be too far off, be it either educated guess or a glimpse at the real thing. For forums sake I would still take it as noninfo, it's just safer like that.
10-16-2015, 07:18 AM   #94
JPT
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Everyone keeps screaming fake here because the slide looks kind of goofy. I've put together many, many presentations. Sometimes it's good to simply lay everything out real quick and dirty to show the general concept. Now you have something you can take to a coworker and talk about. If the presentation concept looks good then you go back and take it from 30-50% quality to 80% before another review. Don't confuse very rough draft with fake.

With that said, this very well could be a fake slide created by an anonymous nobody looking to stir up trouble. But, what would be the point?
I agree. Given that having a 30-page slide deck translated or proofread costs around $500 and takes around a week, most companies are not in the habit of doing it for internal documents. Would you authorise that as a manager? Probably not. The slide gets the message across, so it's good enough. Nobody assumes their internal documents are going to be leaked. As for the images, the camera is months away from release, so they won't be commissioning graphics for the marketing material yet.

If this were a list of dull specifications in perfect English, I'd be more suspicious. As it is, it shows a lot of believable, photographer-friendly features in slightly dodgy but understandable English. That sounds like Ricoh/Pentax to me. If it's true, it also shows that they are really thinking about why a photographer should choose Pentax over other FF cameras.

10-16-2015, 08:09 AM   #95
Pentaxian

You're missing the obvious: this fake's issues are not limited to poor translation, actually that's the least of its multiple problems.
The look is wrong, the color schemes are wrong, the stolen pictures are wrong, the message is wrong beyond even what Google Translation could do (I would accept 'scorpion mustache', but not this).
10-16-2015, 08:15 AM - 1 Like   #96
Veteran Member

Everyone keeps screaming fake here because the slide looks kind of goofy. I've put together many, many presentations. Sometimes it's good to simply lay everything out real quick and dirty to show the general concept. Now you have something you can take to a coworker and talk about. If the presentation concept looks good then you go back and take it from 30-50% quality to 80% before another review. Don't confuse very rough draft with fake.

With that said, this very well could be a fake slide created by an anonymous nobody looking to stir up trouble. But, what would be the point?
Have you ever gone to the trouble of locating a graphic of a competitor's product to use in place of your own company's product? And did you make it all the way to the end of your presentation before you were fired?
10-16-2015, 08:36 AM   #97
Pentaxian

Fake or not, there are no big surprises here. The only feature of surprise to me is the 645 lens use. The rest is pretty much all been discussed in the past. What would be a welcome surprise would be all the features mentioned in a 42MP or high count MP sensor.

All the stuff makes sense. Integrate the FF body more with the 645 without damaging the 645 market share. In this regard, Pentax stands alone. No one else has a 645 and regular DSLR to integrate.

10-16-2015, 08:47 AM   #98
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by btnapa Quote
The only feature of surprise to me is the 645 lens use.
The 645 to K-mount adapter was available for decades.
10-16-2015, 08:48 AM   #99
HYS
Veteran Member

Waste of time ...
10-16-2015, 09:02 AM   #100
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fontan Quote
I cannot take this any more! Somebody come cut my throat please! Put me out of my misery! We need more threads like this!
Sure, if you send me all your camera gear... and money to buy more gear!
10-16-2015, 09:24 AM   #101
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
The 645 to K-mount adapter was available for decades.
Right, but using it with sensor shifting for bigger images from a 35mm sensor is new as far as I know. Clever idea if it would work! I even have a few lenses to try if that part is real.
10-16-2015, 09:24 AM - 1 Like   #102
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MMVIII Quote
Well, fake or not, hard to tell.
No its not!
10-16-2015, 09:28 AM   #103
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
Right, but using it with sensor shifting for bigger images from a 35mm sensor is new as far as I know. Clever idea if it would work! I even have a few lenses to try if that part is real.
In one corner there's "use the center of the 645 lens". On the other, the "Super FF Composit" you're talking about.
Can't you see the contradiction? If not, know that I'm a Nigerian prince and I want to share my wealth with you
10-16-2015, 09:33 AM   #104
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Well, fake or not, hard to tell.
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Originally posted by MMVIII Well, fake or not, hard to tell.
Not hard to tell it's fake, you mean?
10-16-2015, 10:18 AM   #105
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
In one corner there's "use the center of the 645 lens". On the other, the "Super FF Composit" you're talking about.
Can't you see the contradiction? If not, know that I'm a Nigerian prince and I want to share my wealth with you
I'm not saying I think it's true because of the slide (which looks fake to me), but it could be true (or partly true) because the technology exists, in spite of the fake slide.