Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-15-2015, 05:22 PM   #61
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Don't know, NZ....for me the rumors stopped being fun a while ago. Now they are just tiresome.

10-15-2015, 05:25 PM - 5 Likes   #62
JPT
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I'd like to congratulate everyone on being able to speak their own language better than Japanese camera engineers can speak their second language.

I'd be really impressed if you can now learn to speak Japanese and how to design a camera.
10-15-2015, 05:31 PM   #63
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
I'm going to say this is believable.

If this is in fact a leaked internal slide, I don't see anything that would indicate it was a fake. The language issues are pretty typical of Japanese. Most slides are not sent out to professional translators, and even when you do they could easily come back looking like that. If they haven't got to the stage of making publicity material, they could easily paste in placeholder images for an internal document.

Some of the things on that slide are not obvious, and not something the average internet troll would invent, but believable for Pentax. I mean the 645-related items. 645 is a persuasive argument for landscape photographers in Japan. A lot of them use a 645n, but also have a Canikon full frame for convenience.

This slide is just about things relevant to resolution, so i'd be really interested to see other slides from that set.
Coincidentally, my Japanese colleague (who uses Pentax) had mentioned about 3wks ago that some news will be released on 16Oct (instead of the 6th that was previously mentioned).
I wrote that off since he was the only guy who mentioned it, but he can access Japanese photo forums, so perhaps there is more such info there.

The slides are possible, since it can be for internal presentation to English speaking distros.
10-15-2015, 05:32 PM - 5 Likes   #64
JPT
Pentaxian

Sorry to be up-tight, but I deal with this every day - really smart people's ideas not being taken seriously because they aren't expressed in perfect English. :-)

10-15-2015, 06:02 PM   #65
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Having been to Japan quite frequently in the last little while and understanding the culture there (many translations are not taken seriously), I would not count it out as fake but rather optimistic that some of that may come true in the upcoming release of FF. I would just patiently waiting to see what happens.
10-15-2015, 06:14 PM   #66
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
Sorry to be up-tight, but I deal with this every day - really smart people's ideas not being taken seriously because they aren't expressed in perfect English. :-)
(As asked on the other thread) What if this is an extremely dry form of viral marketing - some wag at Corporate having a go at RH?
10-15-2015, 06:33 PM - 1 Like   #67
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I cannot take this any more! Somebody come cut my throat please! Put me out of my misery! We need more threads like this!

10-15-2015, 06:55 PM   #68
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Thank you JPT.
10-15-2015, 07:16 PM   #69
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
Coincidentally, my Japanese colleague (who uses Pentax) had mentioned about 3wks ago that some news will be released on 16Oct (instead of the 6th that was previously mentioned).
I wrote that off since he was the only guy who mentioned it, but he can access Japanese photo forums, so perhaps there is more such info there.

The slides are possible, since it can be for internal presentation to English speaking distros.
Yet would they steal the graphic from Foveon website and slap it on their slide.. internal or not?

If this is real and thus how they go about business internally I would be afraid.. because it is sloppy at best. They even left the d on the next line for 'Correspond' -- come on!
10-15-2015, 07:48 PM   #70
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
It's currently called "pixel shift", and is featured on none other than our humble K3-II. Any attempt to shift the sensor and pixel-stitch to create a larger image is going to fall foul of the upper limit set by the full-frame lens image circle. Whether that can somehow be solved by putting medium-format lenses on the K-mount via an adapter of some sort is a question I can't answer, but AFAIK it would need a completely new set of lens designs to really take advantage of such an "inverse crop" feature. And that means the rebadged Tammy 24-75 is practically obsolete before it gets out the door.

---------- Post added 15-10-15 at 17:02 ----------

Pentax vs SoCaNikon cage match - four makers enter, one maker leaves.
QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
Pentax vs SoCaNikon cage match - four makers enter, one maker leaves.
Great idea ... and it can be held in SoCal.
10-15-2015, 07:54 PM   #71

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Yet would they steal the graphic from Foveon website and slap it on their slide.. internal or not?

If this is real and thus how they go about business internally I would be afraid.. because it is sloppy at best. They even left the d on the next line for 'Correspond' -- come on!
I work in sales and marketing, and I have seen product manager's (and sales people) using graphics unrelated to what they are presenting. At best, graphics are usually used to make the presentation slides prettier to look at, more impact and less wordy, rather than be an accurate representation of the topic.

So the wrong sensor type graphic used for this FF slide, whilst sloppy, it can still illustrate the topic, that it is a sensor-based feature "3 Layers Composition" and "Super resolution created by SR".
10-15-2015, 08:35 PM   #72
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kiwipixter Quote
I work in sales and marketing, and I have seen product manager's (and sales people) using graphics unrelated to what they are presenting. At best, graphics are usually used to make the presentation slides prettier to look at, more impact and less wordy, rather than be an accurate representation of the topic.

So the wrong sensor type graphic used for this FF slide, whilst sloppy, it can still illustrate the topic, that it is a sensor-based feature "3 Layers Composition" and "Super resolution created by SR".

..by using your competitors graphic for their competing product?
10-15-2015, 08:36 PM   #73
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Definitely photoshopped.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-15-2015, 08:38 PM   #74
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Definitely photoshopped.
Poorly photoshopped.
10-15-2015, 08:56 PM   #75

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
..by using your competitors graphic for their competing product?
Not intentionally, a lot of googled images are used without the user's knowledge that they are competitors. I haven seen this before.