Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 46 Likes Search this Thread
10-15-2015, 08:58 PM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
I'd like to congratulate everyone on being able to speak their own language better than Japanese camera engineers can speak their second language.

I'd be really impressed if you can now learn to speak Japanese and how to design a camera.
Yes, and on Star Trek, everyone in the galaxy speaks perfect English (even outside from Andromeda). How about that!!

So, as designing cameras is very a complicated task, so it must follow, that to learn to speak Japanese, is very complicated! (twisted, tortured logic which might be kind of true, like maybe parts of that fake slide...). Like the 645 adapter having AF capability, thereby drawing in the professionals whom Ricoh absolutely needs to make FF successful! I wonder what else they can do to build on the MF pros to help make FF useful in a larger ecosystem? How does one deliberately build a feeding-frenzy (up from APS-C and down from MF)?

Last edited by goldenarrow; 10-15-2015 at 09:12 PM.
10-15-2015, 09:05 PM   #77
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kiwipixter Quote
Not intentionally, a lot of googled images are used without the user's knowledge that they are competitors. I haven seen this before.
This is a niche item.. it would HAVE to be intentional... or at least known from where the source originated. How many other products use this technology?
10-15-2015, 10:12 PM   #78
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
I have to say, I am looking forward to the day we get the official Ricoh announcement of specifications...

Rumours are fun and all, but there is nothing like real information
I am looking forward to the day we can buy the camera in the shop.
Many things have been announced by Ricoh recently...like a 70-200, a FF camera (without specs I have to admit), ...
10-15-2015, 10:17 PM   #79
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by goldenarrow Quote
Yes, and on Star Trek, everyone in the galaxy speaks perfect English (even outside from Andromeda). How about that!!
I have seen Star Trek in Japan and they speak perfect Japanese, all of them even one from Andromeda.

10-15-2015, 11:07 PM   #80
RJH

QuoteOriginally posted by Biff Quote
Thank you JPT.
Ditto
10-16-2015, 12:48 AM - 1 Like   #81
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kiwipixter Quote
Not intentionally, a lot of googled images are used without the user's knowledge that they are competitors. I haven seen this before.
By unintentionally avoiding to use your own images (much better suited than the Sigma Foveon ones - which are about a different technology)? Really?
PENTAX K-3 II | RICOH IMAGING

Come on, people, it's screaming 'fake'. This is not about some small detail or translation issue.
10-16-2015, 12:51 AM   #82
Veteran Member

I don't know whether it's fake or not, but the specs are plausible (and would met my needs nicely). A lashed up slide for an internal presentation, translated into Engrish using Google...? Perhaps. I await developments with interest, while I save up my pennies for the real thing.

10-16-2015, 01:09 AM   #83
Pentaxian

Well, I know it's fake. And sure, the specs looks plausible, because the bloke who made up this put what he thought to be plausible specs, things rumored and discussed on Internet forums or already implemented in previous products (Pentax or not). But he has no PowerPoint skills, and he knows nothing about the camera.

It's not like the cleaning lady suddenly decided to lash out a presentation for partners all over the world.
10-16-2015, 02:49 AM   #84
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Looks pretty fake to me. I have no idea about the specs and these aren't unreasonable, but that doesn't mean that Ricoh created this slide and I doubt they would/did.
10-16-2015, 03:02 AM   #85
Pentaxian

Original Poster
If it is an internal slide they made a jolly mess of it.
10-16-2015, 03:56 AM   #86
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
If it is an internal slide they made a jolly mess of it
I agree - and that's what makes me think it's fake. The Japanese do not strike me as people who would make a slapdash job of something as important as this, even in-house. At the most basic level, as a knock-up first draft, perhaps - but then it would still be in Japanese. Certainly not as an in-house presentation to others, and MOST certainly not to ANYONE outside of Ricoh Japan. And as I've said before, the phraseology of the "Engrish" makes me suspect, on the basis of previous exposure, that the first language of the author is Mandarin Chinese.
10-16-2015, 04:17 AM   #87
Pentaxian

If this is real, they need to hire a student assistant ASAP!

(And no, it is not real. It cannot be. Please...)
10-16-2015, 04:51 AM   #88

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Thanks just started working here again too. I think they had a little outage.

What is amazing, I guess it shouldn't be by now, to me is anyone can come up with some random graphic or rumor and it is instantly discussed in multiple page threads here.
That makes it official: Pentax FF fans are faker-fodder. (ff pun not intended)

I wonder if Pentax is using the delay caused by K-3 rework to improve on the FF?
If the specs are fixed, they could release some of them. The others won't follow numbers (well, Canon did follow the 645...)
10-16-2015, 05:01 AM   #89
bxf
Veteran Member

I can't help but wonder which is more stupid: the idea that this image is genuine, or the idea that this image can be passed off as genuine.

Neither appear to me to be plausible.
10-16-2015, 06:13 AM   #90
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Everyone keeps screaming fake here because the slide looks kind of goofy. I've put together many, many presentations. Sometimes it's good to simply lay everything out real quick and dirty to show the general concept. Now you have something you can take to a coworker and talk about. If the presentation concept looks good then you go back and take it from 30-50% quality to 80% before another review. Don't confuse very rough draft with fake.

With that said, this very well could be a fake slide created by an anonymous nobody looking to stir up trouble. But, what would be the point?