Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 309 Likes Search this Thread
10-23-2015, 03:21 AM   #196

QuoteOriginally posted by i83N Quote
interesting whats under white round sticker on front top right?
Probably a name that hasn't been settled yet or not ready to reveal. Previous prototypes had labels or badges covered over with gaffer tape.

10-23-2015, 03:22 AM   #197
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
too many dials on top. What is that? Dial mania? Just do it like Nikon Does:
creepy... your nikon is.
10-23-2015, 03:22 AM   #198
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Cynog Ap Brychan Quote
Out of interest, are you seriously saying that you wouldn't buy a camera because it has a dial you wouldn't use, or did you never intend buying a Pentax FF anyway? Perhaps we need a new thread "I won't buy the Pentax FF because..."
Because I may not like the philosopy behind the camera. If I am going to spend a lot of money on it, I have to like it.
10-23-2015, 03:22 AM - 1 Like   #199
Veteran Member

I love that Pentax Body.

10-23-2015, 03:24 AM - 1 Like   #200

All looks very promising...

The control layout looks like it could bring some real improvements, reducing reliance on menu settings via rear LCD. The grid setting on the right-hand dial is most intriguing. Am hoping that one of the key differentiators will be an innovative hybrid OVF/EVF with information overlay. Live histogram, bright/dark area warnings and/or focus peaking in the vewfinder anyone?
10-23-2015, 03:27 AM - 2 Likes   #201
Veteran Member

Because I may not like the philosopy behind the camera. If I am going to spend a lot of money on it, I have to like it.
Well, I can't disagree with that. I like the idea of a "menu on a dial", and I will be buying it.
10-23-2015, 03:32 AM - 2 Likes   #202
Pentaxian

Interestingly, I don't care about the philosophy as much as the fact it features a FF sensor inside... Everything else is just eye candy or superfluous :P

10-23-2015, 03:36 AM   #203

QuoteOriginally posted by eccs19 Quote
I was at PPE today and they had the new FF behind glass, so took a couple of quick shots with my phone. They are crappy, but hey, thought people might be interested. I'm going again tomorrow, so I might try to get some better ones.
Thanks so much for the images ! This is going to be very interesting...
10-23-2015, 03:38 AM   #204
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
Interestingly, I don't care about the philosophy as much as the fact it features a FF sensor inside... Everything else is just eye candy or superfluous :P
Well then you could just pick up a second hand Canon 5D for much less cash.
10-23-2015, 03:40 AM   #205
Pentaxian

Yes, I do agree with that. I'd like to have a camera that is straightforward to use. I'm not sure if this Pentax FF adds complexity or simplifies utilization, but I already don't use all of the functionalities of the K-3, so, what I look for in a full frame is more IQ, bokeh and choices in terms of field of view (wide angle for instance), and I'd not be so glad if the argument of the Pentax full frame was that it has even more gadget features (that I never use) to justify a higher price. However, if this model is priced the same as mid-range FF DSLRs with more features, why not...
10-23-2015, 03:40 AM   #206
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
It strikes me that that screen might be touch sensitive. A swing out screen would be difficult to use, but that one is well supported from behind to take some pressure.

It's interesting that a patent has just surfaced for using a touch screen to define a region of the image to selectively apply these low pass simulator effect to. A bit esoteric, but it does indicate that Ricoh had been working on interfaces for touch screens.

This could be a very good camera for tripod use, with the live view implementation, touch screen and multi-shot resolution enhancement.
Thanks for mentioning that patent, it's quite interesting. The way I understand it though is that you can use a touch screen to specify the direction of the movement, not the area affected by it (which I don't see how it could work, as you can't just move part of the sensor). But then, I'm relying on a Google-translated text...
10-23-2015, 03:41 AM - 1 Like   #207
Pentaxian

Well then you could just pick up a second hand Canon 5D for much less cash.
I've already owned two of them and I thoroughly hated the wrong register distance and the mirror hitting the back of my 8 element 50mm f/1.4 Takumar.
10-23-2015, 03:43 AM   #208
Pentaxian

I've already owned two of them and I thoroughly hated the wrong register distance and the mirror hitting the back of my 8 element 50mm f/1.4 Takumar.
For that one you could glue it to an A7
10-23-2015, 03:55 AM   #209

Nikon has a whole bunch of stuff on the left and that sucks. I want a whole bunch of crap on the right and this looks awesome! That screen is super nuts though. The 4 arm mechanism would be incredibly strong but looks out of place. Also not seeing how to get any information to the screen...unless that button behind it is for pairing through wifi/bt....
Which would also explain the 'holder' shape of its dock
10-23-2015, 03:56 AM   #210
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
That is one aggressive looking camera! Lots of snags but worth it if it's usable. The thing is completely encrusted!I can feel my brain and muscle memory hurting from all those dials and buttons but perhaps they are carefully considered and feel natural.

As others have mentioned it looks like the ambition has been to enable lcd free shooting. The best possible ambition imho, if it works.

The main usability problem I have with my k5 is the af point selection. Always in the wrong mode and holding the button for correct amount of time is to complicated when stressing to take a photo. A very efficient solution to that problem would be appreciated.

Looks like the camera can be configured in lots of different ways. Keeping the old controls whilst introducing new. Hopefully they can ditch the old ones in a newer models.