Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 309 Likes Search this Thread
10-22-2015, 07:59 PM - 2 Likes   #91
Veteran Member

It kind of looks like they intentionally miss-labeled the dial to keep people guessing.

If the "GRID" option does let you change the layout of the overlay in the OVF then we might have some type of projection system that allows them to show live information in the OVF. That would be big.

10-22-2015, 07:59 PM - 1 Like   #92
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I hope the production model switches the play and LV placement. That would be more in keeping with current layouts.
10-22-2015, 07:59 PM   #93
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by hinman Quote
There are few labels that seem intriguing but not obvious to me

CH/CL (? something high/low)

Happy Guessing,
Hin
expose for highlight, expose for shadows perhaps. It would be very useful.
10-22-2015, 08:00 PM - 1 Like   #94
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by One3rdEV Quote
Still / Video mode switch is located on the top plate, grip side of the prism, at bottom of taller dial and actuated by a lever.
Good eye! That's a great location for it.

10-22-2015, 08:01 PM   #95
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That large dial next to pentaprism, on the right, with ISO, +/-, WiFi, Grid, etc. looks like a crazy sort of clutter. With an addition of a large dial to the right, above the back dial (what is that *extra* dial for?) in effect, the top LCD becomes tiny and unusable.

Who on earth designed this camera?!

K-3 looks far superior to this, better thought of. If this FF mockup is the real thing, then in usability this goes 2 decades back in time.
10-22-2015, 08:04 PM   #96
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
There is a lever below the right dial beside the viewfinder hump.
Thanks! Now I see Photo/Video icons hidden under the dial next to the viewfinder hump but I thought that lever was meant for setting changes for Photo or Video. It will be odd not to have video icon on the top left mode dial.

Too early to guess but I am just thrilled to see the picture of the Pentax FF.

Cheers,
Hin
10-22-2015, 08:04 PM - 2 Likes   #97

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
That large dial next to pentaprism, on the right, with ISO, +/-, WiFi, Grid, etc. looks like a crazy sort of clutter. With an addition of a large dial to the right, above the back dial (what is that *extra* dial for?) in effect, the top LCD becomes tiny and unusable.

K-3 looks far superior to this, better thought of. If this FF mockup is the real thing, then in usability this goes 2 decades back in time.
I actually think it looks awesome. Almost feels like I'll never use the LCD menus.

10-22-2015, 08:05 PM - 5 Likes   #98
Veteran Member

Well I didn't see that coming from you...
10-22-2015, 08:06 PM   #99
Veteran Member

Sigh. Drama much?

Anyone who has looked at a Q or K-3 would see nothing problematic with the control layout.
10-22-2015, 08:07 PM   #100
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So, no flash button on the 4-way controller? Or is that what the FX2 option is for...to convert the 4-way controller to another set of 4 options?
10-22-2015, 08:15 PM - 1 Like   #101
Veteran Member

Shocking: Uluru wants attention.
10-22-2015, 08:17 PM   #102
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sholtzma Quote
Or is that what the FX2 option is for...to convert the 4-way controller to another set of 4 options?
Probably. An additional range of in-camera effects and image settings (?), either in shooting or playback mode. (Use of the Fx2' term is a bit unfortunate, due to it's Nikon 'FX/DX' FF/crop connotations)
10-22-2015, 08:21 PM   #103
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by K David Quote
Good eye! That's a great location for it.
No joke, I was staring at the picture for a couple minutes before I found what the poster was talking about.

The "SR" command mode could allow pixel shift as part of the options - it is run by the shake reduction system after all.

What I would love to see is the "Auto ISO Speed" or "minimum shutter speed before changing ISO in Av mode" put on that top right dial...but somehow I doubt that'll be.
10-22-2015, 08:24 PM   #104
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Although it's hard to really tell the scale of this body, from the shots posted, it doesn't look to be too much bulkier than a K-3, and the styling cues are certainly similar to the rest of the range. The earlier comparison shots from the Ricoh website teaser made it look a lot taller than it appears in these photos, but the new 24-70 isn't a lens we're familiar with yet.

Nonetheless, it looks to be (comparatively) compact and well-featured, and the tilt/swivel LCD monitor is a novel addition, assuming it's robust enough. I'd gone a bit cool on the whole idea of getting a 35FF Pentax, but this looks interesting to me.
10-22-2015, 08:41 PM   #105
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Heie Quote
Well I didn't see that coming from you...
Let us be honest — I was waiting a long time for this camera.

I personally think K3 and 645Z have great UI for DSLR and do their job nice. I always commended K3.

But I must say I am totally confused with this FF, and with your responses here: no one here offers any viable, nor smart nor comprehensive explanation why is this FF a step ahead in the future of camera making, instead of two steps back into the film era usability?

I only hear straight personal accusations, and slaps. Can you do better than that? Can you use arguments, proofs, show pictures, etc?

Come on guys, Nikon F4 (F as in film) looked knobbed like this!