Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 309 Likes Search this Thread
10-23-2015, 12:36 AM - 2 Likes   #151
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by janneman Quote
First thing I'd do when I get my hands on this is tape the swivvel screen with duct tape. Wondering how much bulk is added with this construiction instead of a flush back without swivvel...

IfI wanted extra bulk I'd rather have a pop up flash as that has saved some awkard moment when I did not bring the flash but it suddenly was too dark to shoot without flash and besides always carrying an extra flash is even more bulky.
Unlike you, I am excited about the swivvel (sp) screen. I have used a number of different camera systems over the years, and found that when I had a swivvel screen available that I actually used it for over 90% of my photos!

In fact, I sold my Pentax K3 because it did not have a swivvel screen. So... maybe you do not like the swivvel screen, but please realize that a swivvel screen is a very important feature to many of us.

10-23-2015, 12:37 AM   #152
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by exnito Quote
just wanted to point out, that the screen looks like a week point.
I wouldn't worry about that. My sony a77 also had a screen where i was like, someday: this will fall off. It held just fine..
But an expensive cam is not a kids toy. they can break everything to pieces if they want...
10-23-2015, 12:38 AM - 1 Like   #153
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Interesting to start my morning like this, thanks!

BTW, my first reaction also was: this looks like a Nikon, albeit somewhat smaller! Not necessarily a bad thing I'd say. And I love how the border of the swivel screen (the border which stays fixed to the camera) seems to be made of soft rubber. No other real surprises that I can see, apart from a very small hint of an AOCo logo on the front of the prism housing
10-23-2015, 12:41 AM   #154
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Good to see five user modes back again: I use all five on my K-5.

10-23-2015, 12:43 AM   #155

hope all those dials keep operating the cameras simple
10-23-2015, 12:51 AM - 2 Likes   #156
Veteran Member

Small top screen looks like it’s been taken from Ricoh GR1 (film camera). So many buttons and dials, not to mention possibility of a touch screen, it will feel like an air plane cockpit. I like it!
Hope that top screen could change to OLED/Color LCD/Color E-ink as a new trend from Phase One XF and new Leica.
10-23-2015, 12:53 AM   #157

The two dials on the right side are probably the mode dial and ISO dial.

10-23-2015, 12:55 AM - 2 Likes   #158
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
LOVE IT!!.. that many control wheels are great.. LCD mechanism looks stronger than other brands. Looks strong, compact and with great ergonimics.

Cant wait to see all the spects for this camera.
10-23-2015, 01:09 AM - 1 Like   #159
Pentaxian

Love it! Now we can just hope that the price will not be toooo steep.... Would love to get one... but will need to sell some of my gear...

Last edited by max_pyne; 10-23-2015 at 01:17 AM.
10-23-2015, 01:10 AM - 1 Like   #160
Pentaxian

I like it very much! Looks serious tool and I'm confident it will retain the Pentax ergonomics that make a camera a joy to use!

Now lets find out what's inside! :-)
10-23-2015, 01:11 AM - 1 Like   #161
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
Why this camera has ISO button, ISO at the wheel and ISO could be put at front and back control wheels in different shooting modes...?[COLOR="Silver"]
Most likely because them being used differently.

ISO on the dial is most likely used for setting up ISO parameters. (Fi ISO range, which sometimes would be better to adjust "live" than manual ISO)
ISO-button is used for switching between manual/auto ISO and changing ISO in modes where ISO is not available on any e-dial.
Changing ISO with e-dials is not available in all modes.
10-23-2015, 01:30 AM   #162
Veteran Member

By the way looks not much bigger than k3 with 24-70 lens
10-23-2015, 01:35 AM - 1 Like   #163

Wishful thinking time maybe but...

Looks to me as if the rear screen could be not just swivelling but a completely removable touchscreen, and connected wirelessly.

It looks like a sort of cradle behind the screen itself, into which it can snap in and out.

There are no obvious wires to the body from the screen (sure, it's a mock-up, but doesn't look easy to make a robust connection with that 'metal legs' design). So wireless.

If it's to be a fully removable control pad then it needs to be a touch screen.

If removable, it would need battery power. Would be kinda cool if it were completely sealed and charged wirelessly (magnetic induction) whenever it's on the body.
10-23-2015, 01:37 AM   #164
npc
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
Most likely because them being used differently.

ISO on the dial is most likely used for setting up ISO parameters. (Fi ISO range, which sometimes would be better to adjust "live" than manual ISO)
ISO-button is used for switching between manual/auto ISO and changing ISO in modes where ISO is not available on any e-dial.
Changing ISO with e-dials is not available in all modes.
To me it looks like the ISO button does what it used to do on k-3/k-5/etc and the ISO on the marked wheel makes the unmarked wheel work like an ISO wheel (regardless of what the other 2 are set to).
10-23-2015, 01:40 AM - 4 Likes   #165
Veteran Member

Yesterday: no interest in a FF camera
Today: oh my god I want it now!