Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-23-2015, 02:45 AM   #181

Been eager to see and spend on this for sooo long but after seeing these I'm not sure if I want one anymore
The extra dials on the top right are useless to me as I customise the wheels to suite my needs so they're wasting top space and resulting in a tiny LCD. If the 645 doesn't need all this clutter why are they adding it now?
Looks like they're trying to copy the latest Fujis
Sad now

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/16-pentax-news-rumors/306414-some-crappy-...#ixzz3pNnkXRIj

10-23-2015, 02:48 AM - 1 Like   #182
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Lots of interesting features there.
I am glad they did not go the easy route and build a "me too" -camera.
10-23-2015, 02:48 AM   #183
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Cynog Ap Brychan Quote
I have the D810 and the Df. The D810 is an amazing camera, but I like the Df better: it's the only Nikon with "soul" (no Canon or Sony has a soul, in my opinion). I really like the look of the Pentax, and will be an early adopter - dials are so much better than menu diving. Perhaps then I can just run one system (though I can't really see me giving up the Df and the manual focus lenses I have).
No menu diving, just the back and front dial and mode switch buttons using the top lcd. The right dial next to the pentaprism seems to be a quick menu. I don't need that.
10-23-2015, 02:48 AM - 2 Likes   #184
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Smaller top LCD's seem to be in vogue. The Nikon Df only has a tiny top LCD, and the D750 also has a top LCD that is considerably smaller/narrower than any other regular Nikon DSLR. And then there is the tiny top LCD on the Leica SL.

I reckon as long as it still displays the basics, it's all OK.
Yeah, the display of the basics is important.. By the way, I love that they also placed an illumination button there. I hated the idea when you have to dig inside the menu just to turn on and off the backlight of the lcd panel.

10-23-2015, 02:49 AM   #185
Veteran Member

Wow, that's a lot prettier then I imagined from the previous silhouette teasers. It look like you can beat up someone up with it. Now I want it.
10-23-2015, 02:53 AM   #186
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kempy Quote
Been eager to see and spend on this for sooo long but after seeing these I'm not sure if I want one anymore
The extra dials on the top right are useless to me as I customise the wheels to suite my needs so they're wasting top space and resulting in a tiny LCD. If the 645 doesn't need all this clutter why are they adding it now?
Looks like they're trying to copy the latest Fujis
Sad now

Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/16-pentax-news-rumors/306414-some-crappy-...#ixzz3pNnkXRIj
Me too a bit, early days I guess but I just wanted a slightly upsized k5 or k3.
10-23-2015, 02:56 AM   #187
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Looks to me like it is designed for upper end users. Maybe a little too complex? Probably still usable like you would a K5 or K3, just has extra dials/buttons for those who want to use those, but I imagine if you want to hit the iso button and spin the rear dial, you'll get the same effect. Tilt screen looks nice. If folks don't like it, I am sure it locks down securely and can be never used again as such, but there are plenty of times when doing macro/landscape shots in low position on a tripod where it would be handy and save my back.

All in all, looks to me like Pentax threw the kitchen sink into this production. If they could think of a button to add, looks like they added it. As long as ergonomics are good, it shouldn't be a problem. Layout isn't that different from K3 that it will be problematic using this camera in combo with it.

10-23-2015, 02:57 AM - 1 Like   #188
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If I can afford it, I certainly will get the new FF (not that I need it, I still have seldomly reached limitations with my K-5 and impressed the hell out of my canon friends with same priced models )
I like the new look and placing of wheels. However I hope for a nice featureset too.

So far positive is:
+ articulating screen
+ wifi
+ gps
+ WR

I still hope there will be Shakereduction and Pixelshift in this cam. Im curiouse and have nothing to complain so far
10-23-2015, 02:58 AM - 5 Likes   #189
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
too many dials on top. What is that? Dial mania? Just do it like Nikon Does:
Nah... For me, I hate to dig into the menu to access important features. External buttons and dials makes things more convenient when on the field..
10-23-2015, 03:04 AM - 1 Like   #190
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by richard balonglong Quote
Nah... For me, I hate to dig into the menu to access important features. External buttons and dials makes things more convenient when on the field..
And think of the bragging rights when you sit your PentaxFF next to a D810

It wont be look at those clean lines it'll gawd what are you shooting you most be a real professional !!

Good for you and good for Pentax free exposure and ease of use.
10-23-2015, 03:05 AM - 1 Like   #191
Veteran Member

The right dial next to the pentaprism seems to be a quick menu. I don't need that.
Then don't use it....

Seriously, each to his/her own: I hate having to go into the menus.
10-23-2015, 03:07 AM   #192
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Cynog Ap Brychan Quote
Then don't use it....
Yeah I'll just not buy it
10-23-2015, 03:09 AM   #193
Veteran Member

interesting whats under white round sticker on front top right?
10-23-2015, 03:20 AM - 2 Likes   #194
Veteran Member

Yeah I'll just not buy it
Out of interest, are you seriously saying that you wouldn't buy a camera because it has a dial you wouldn't use, or did you never intend buying a Pentax FF anyway? Perhaps we need a new thread "I won't buy the Pentax FF because..."
10-23-2015, 03:20 AM   #195
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by shakereduced Quote
SR . . .

Could that wonky slideshow that leaked last week be true? I thought the slide was a fake, but could that SR setting = Super Resolution?
yep, i also dont see a need for Shake Reduction up there on the wheel.
Really could be Super Resolution ... ??