Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-23-2015, 05:06 AM - 1 Like   #226
Inactive Account

hmm, what's the bottom symbol on the 4 way dial where the old models had the flash settings?

10-23-2015, 05:06 AM   #227
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by patarok Quote
yep, i also dont see a need for Shake Reduction up there on the wheel.
Really could be Super Resolution ... ??
If the speculation is correct the inside button selects a configuration mode. Maybe any shooting parameter is available from that dial. SR on,off, panning settings, movie mode on off. Etc.

I rarely go into the menus except to format the card, I have user modes set up for most used configurations. The extra modes are nice, and having everything there at the top is a nice idea.
10-23-2015, 05:08 AM   #228
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm intrigued by that icon on the bottom button of the four-way controller. At a guess, I would think it brings up picture modes - possibly the Fx2 means you press it again to bring up a second or continuation menu of effects. I'm also surmising that the SR on the large control dial allows a toggle through of all the shake reduction facilities, e.g., shake reduction itself, anti-alias simulation, astro-tracing and pixel shift.

Edit: I hadn't read RobA_Oz's post when I wrote this!
10-23-2015, 05:12 AM   #229
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looking at the latest photos, I can't help but think this is pre-production and has different materials, buttons than the final camera will have.

10-23-2015, 05:12 AM - 1 Like   #230
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Krizu Quote
hmm, what's the bottom symbol on the 4 way dial where the old models had the flash settings?
New feature to control the sun. It's not enough to just have exposure compensation or white balance settings.
10-23-2015, 05:13 AM   #231
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Vylen Quote
Ah, the grip on the side has the NFC logo. So that's pretty cool - this thing is decked out with lots of gadgetry now! WiFi, GPS, and NFC
Yes, Pentax is certainly falling behind…
10-23-2015, 05:20 AM   #232
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Vylen Quote
New feature to control the sun. It's not enough to just have exposure compensation or white balance settings.
So that is maybe the groundshaking new feature? You can move the sun around as your lighting needs, causing earthquakes, vulkcano eruptions and other kinds of havoc around the globe? :P

10-23-2015, 05:30 AM   #233
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Uh... the article cited a few messages above refers to this display camera as a "mock up" further down in the text. Is this a real, functioning camera or yet another model?
10-23-2015, 05:31 AM - 2 Likes   #234

Oh my god. She s so beautiful....I wanna make a wedding with her, I wanna make all the landscapes of the world with her. I'll even buy the Pentax 24 70 nor the tamron, because I want to protect her from dust and rain.

Please my dear, be precise and fast with the autofocus, don't let anyone argue your the best DSLR ever built.

And please, please, be 4k and 60fps. Dslr Filmmaker are adapting the takumars and k mount legacies to their canons. Let us fill vimeo with astounding shots taken with those amazing lenses, witnesses of a time where light and photography really matter.

I'm so in love with this camera. And I don't even meet her yet.
10-23-2015, 05:32 AM   #235
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by clawhammer Quote
I know that they'd have to have had something solid if they were going to launch on October 6th, but even still it's encouraging to see a camera that is more than just a 3d-printed mock-up.
From this link; Photo Plus 2015: First Glimpse at Pentax Full-Frame DSLR! | Expert photography blogs, tip, techniques, camera reviews - Adorama Learning Center "Ricoh says the as-yet unnamed camera will be launched in the spring of 2016"
10-23-2015, 05:43 AM   #236

From the specs gleaned from the dials, buttons etc this will do everything I want. I now am no longer considering the A7RII and am willing to wait on this. All I need to know now are; 1. What sensor it has, and; 2. What is the retail price (possibly with the 24-70).

Bring it on.
10-23-2015, 05:58 AM   #237
Pentaxian

This thing looks so awesome I got excited even though I have no intention of getting a FF camera, like ever.
Thank god I won't have any excess money any time soon.
10-23-2015, 06:10 AM - 2 Likes   #238
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
I predict that either the shake-reduction mode or the as yet unmarked mode (white dot) will control the pixel shift.
I guess that white dot marks a "null" position, so you don't change any settings by accident.

---------- Post added 23-10-15 at 14:20 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
What does 'Fx2' refer to?
And Fx1 next to the lens ...

10-23-2015, 06:29 AM - 3 Likes   #239
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
From the look of it...

Good: this camera is beautiful, remind me of Pentax 67 look.

Bad: the VF window looks a little small, would be great if it is like the 645 (digital or film) and 67 series where it is circular.

Speculation: I think that strange top knob is a programmable knob that you can set to anything adjustable you like. It is also replaceable, with hundreds of colors to choose from, for $30.

And now we know the real reason for the delay.... that poor guy who writes the manual can't possibly complete the manual for a camera this complicated in the given time!
10-23-2015, 06:30 AM - 2 Likes   #240
Veteran Member

Love the way this new camera looks and the direct access to features it provides. I esp love the lamp button, and I expect this will finally bring back immediate on/off top LCD illumination as I was used to on my 25yo SFXn (and not through the menu as now so either always on or always off).

OTOH, Hate the fact that I'll have to put huge and heavy lenses on it (to replace my 20-40, 16-50, 50-135). Unless the crop setting allows using it as a APS-C camera... that way I would have the features, but not the sensor... doesn't seem quite right though...

so... I hope that this design will be inherited by the next APS-C flagship.

Wim