Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 309 Likes Search this Thread
10-23-2015, 09:38 AM - 3 Likes   #286
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
I really dont know every detail..yet..But belive me, its gonna kick ass!
OK I just arranged to sell my kidney

10-23-2015, 09:41 AM   #287
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by filmamigo Quote
Why? I'm no fan of the Nikon control layout for their top-tier cameras. There is nothing obvious about that control design, it's a product of 1980's microprocessor-driven thinking that ignored ergonomics.
The D800/D810 is VERY similar to the K5 at the end of the day, which is why I opted for that camera over the D600 series when I went with the D800 series. It's actually a very well laid out camera, and one I'm able to transfer back and forth from my Pentax with a minimal of mind bloopers.

QuoteQuote:
If you are going to copy, why not use a mature and intuitive design like the Fuji X-T1?
another camera in my stable, and an absolute joy to use. It's brilliant and there is very few things I dislike about it. It's a slower camera in terms of operation, but man... it's just wonderful.

Anyways, on the topic. I'm not sold on this body design with the dials and control layout. I'm warm to it and willing to give it a roll, but it looks over complicated and potentially a bit of a pain for operation of some of the different functions. Granted for my style of shooting I rarely have to jump around these different functions, but it seems like they are putting dials in for the sake of dials.
10-23-2015, 09:43 AM - 1 Like   #288
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by redpit Quote
OK I just arranged to sell my kidney
Me too! oh, wait a minute!!!
10-23-2015, 09:51 AM - 1 Like   #289
Pentaxian

Me too! oh, wait a minute!!!
it seems that there will be a whole army of crippled fanatic Pentax fans carrying the new FF plus some new DFA glass around the world! Of course along with the wealthy ones and the pros that will stand out!

10-23-2015, 10:01 AM - 1 Like   #290
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by redpit Quote
it seems that there will be a whole army of crippled fanatic Pentax fans carrying the new FF plus some new DFA glass around the world! Of course along with the wealthy ones and the pros that will stand out!
I already have bands like Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath and SIXX :AM with Nikki Sixx on my list after i have the finished FF. So it will be shown out there!
10-23-2015, 10:04 AM   #291

QuoteOriginally posted by Vylen Quote
Ah, the grip on the side has the NFC logo. So that's pretty cool - this thing is decked out with lots of gadgetry now! WiFi, GPS, and NFC
Would not have seen that NFC logo if you hadn't pointed it out. Oh dear, its going to be hard for me not to want those modern conveniences.
I was thinking about how the screen could be used for video, if it were practical to look down at the screen with the camera against your body for stability. But what would be ideal though is if live view could be seen through the viewfinder. It occurred to me, what if there could be a little lens in the body behind the screen and you could flip the screen right around and ...
Also hoping for real SR during video.

John.
10-23-2015, 10:13 AM   #292
Veteran Member

I already have bands like Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath and SIXX :AM with Nikki Sixx on my list after i have the finished FF. So it will be shown out there!
Black Sab! So cool. Great to see you in the thread. You can go lol-ing over our wild speculations running high right now.

Great days ahead for the Pentax community.

10-23-2015, 10:15 AM   #293
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I have some a bit better than this I posted on DPR----I'll get them up here later today.
10-23-2015, 10:28 AM   #294
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by richard balonglong Quote
Speculation on the Dials:
The lower right dial, it looks like it has a tiny display inside it which it's similar from the dial of Pentax MZ-S. I don't know, maybe I'm just seeing things... LOL!

Now, the other dial, let's take a look at what the modes are:
1) ISO - redundant with the ISO button, but maybe there's a new function for ISO settings?
2) CH/CL - Continuous High and Continuous Low?
3) BKT - of course, Bracketing
4) Grid - fast way to select grid style? If it is, I think it's overkill
5) SR - Shake Reduction or Super Resolution?
6) Crop - maybe settings from FF to 1.3x to 1.5x to 2x
7) WI-FI - Obviously.
8) - ? ? ?
9) +/- - Alternative control for EV?

you are seeing thing, and over thinking, that, my friend, is the selfie button, engineered at a perfect position for you to press the shutter when you turn the camera around and want to shot selfie.
10-23-2015, 10:30 AM - 2 Likes   #295
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Alizarine Quote
Black Sab! So cool. Great to see you in the thread. You can go lol-ing over our wild speculations running high right now.

Great days ahead for the Pentax community.
I am already But..as i said almost a year ago..Happy times ahead..now they are just around the corner.
10-23-2015, 10:36 AM - 1 Like   #296

I am already But..as i said almost a year ago..Happy times ahead..now they are just around the corner.
Yeah, but... RIP bank account ;_;
10-23-2015, 10:40 AM - 1 Like   #297
Pentaxian

Some 300 replys, 20 pages and ~34 400 views in 17 hours. This really is crazy !
10-23-2015, 10:46 AM   #298
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PePe Quote
Yep!
10-23-2015, 10:53 AM   #299
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by PePe Quote
What did you expect, when all evidence suggests that after so long, we've actually seen the Pentaxian Holy Grail?
10-23-2015, 11:05 AM - 1 Like   #300
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
...and the glas monter had the new HD coating to reject all fan droll..