Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
10-23-2015, 09:47 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Great seeing Ms. Wolken hired. I'm feeling positive about what appear to be Ricoh's plans to 'grow' (as they say nowadays) the company.
It isn't so much whether she was hired that matters as whether she stays around long enough to implement.

10-24-2015, 12:18 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by btnapa Quote
I agree. Perhaps it is time for Pentax to do some real marketing. Putting a few ads in trade magazines and hopping for the best is not enough for today's market. Strong showing in trade shows was the start of some real marketing. I think ultimately they need to put the product in potential buyer's hands to make a dent in this market. It is so hard to compete with Canon and Sony marketing juggernaut. They have a much bigger budget and a big head start.
Agreed! And that is a good idea getting product in hand. Maybe even GIVE some cameras away to the media hype types to write something positive towards a wider audience. And more dealer demo models. My local camera store still will not keep Pentax on the shelf and has to be special ordered (sight unseen). This could be part of a wider marketing push, not just print material! Not many people can go to trade shows and the competition is overwhelming anyway (GIRLZ, GLITZ, and GEAR, etc)!
10-24-2015, 04:42 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by goldenarrow Quote
Agreed! And that is a good idea getting product in hand. Maybe even GIVE some cameras away to the media hype types to write something positive towards a wider audience. And more dealer demo models. My local camera store still will not keep Pentax on the shelf and has to be special ordered (sight unseen). This could be part of a wider marketing push, not just print material! Not many people can go to trade shows and the competition is overwhelming anyway (GIRLZ, GLITZ, and GEAR, etc)!
Sure, if you want to pay more money for a lower quality camera with fewer features.

Oh wait. We can already do that.
10-24-2015, 07:51 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
I know you are a Pentax image maker and brand ambassador, but you would have posted a picture to backup your claim. :-)
Naw, one look at me and they'd think "That guy can't sell anything."

10-24-2015, 08:05 AM   #20
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
It isn't so much whether she was hired that matters as whether she stays around long enough to implement.
Well yes. That would be understood, wouldn't it.
10-24-2015, 04:54 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteQuote:
over 15 years of formulating and executing marketing strategies for business-to-business and business-to-consumer companies, including US West, Qwest, Papa Murphy's and PepsiCo. She spent the last decade at Hunter Douglas, where she managed the flagship Duette brand of window coverings and led the product and marketing team. During her tenure, the company saw a 25 percent increase in sales.
10 years at a single company in the marketing department sounds good to me. Also 25% increase in sales, during one of the largest housing downturns in my memory. Looks like she has been "consulting" since January 2015.

Well at least they have a marketing person now. Good luck Linnea!

https://www.linkedin.com/in/linneawolken

10-25-2015, 09:48 AM   #22
Veteran Member

I take it this support center won't repair cameras/lens for lesser than 645z cameras?

10-28-2015, 03:45 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Looking at the prices I think they went a bit over the top. $1,599 just for priority repair and a loan body for three years? Is that industry standard? Because I just checked, and Canon is doing it for free.
10-29-2015, 08:44 AM   #24
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
Looking at the prices I think they went a bit over the top. $1,599 just for priority repair and a loan body for three years? Is that industry standard? Because I just checked, and Canon is doing it for free.
I used to be a Canon guy and you are right. It used to be free but not anymore. They charge for repairs and give you discounts based on level of CPS membership you select. I am not sure if they give you a loaner anymore.

Anyhow, $1,599 (which is included in the price of the package) is a good deal for a camera of this class. If you are a pro on assignment and your camera goes down, you will pay a lot more to rent. The fact that they are offering a loaner is in my opinion enough assurance to get into the Pentax MF system.