Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
10-22-2015, 05:28 PM - 1 Like   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Two announcements from Ricoh Imaging Americas

At PPE today, Ricoh Imaging Americas announced a new service and support program for the 645Z (something I think they really need if they want to pursue the pro segment), and a new director of marketing in the US and Canada (wait, Ricoh has marketing in the US? )

Ricoh Imaging Announces New Service and Support Program for PENTAX 645Z Camera... -- NEW YORK, Oct. 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --

Ricoh Imaging Appoints Linnea Wolken to Top Marketing Post -- NEW YORK, Oct. 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --

10-22-2015, 05:41 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote
At PPE today, Ricoh Imaging Americas announced a new service and support program for the 645Z (something I think they really need if they want to pursue the pro segment), and a new director of marketing in the US and Canada (wait, Ricoh has marketing in the US? )

Ricoh Imaging Announces New Service and Support Program for PENTAX 645Z Camera... -- NEW YORK, Oct. 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --

Ricoh Imaging Appoints Linnea Wolken to Top Marketing Post -- NEW YORK, Oct. 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ --
I'm confused. The gold & platinum plans have been around for quite some time now...though they certainly weren't promoted much.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/48-pentax-medium-format/296432-us-2-year-...on-645d-z.html

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-22-2015, 05:54 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I'm confused. The gold & platinum plans have been around for quite some time now...though they certainly weren't promoted much.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/48-pentax-medium-format/296432-us-2-year-...on-645d-z.html
Maybe the new marketing person said "You should promote this"
10-22-2015, 05:58 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
"This is such an opportune time to join Ricoh Imaging, as it has just launched some ground-breaking cameras. Positioning the company to grow in multiple directions is such an exciting endeavor," said Wolken. "I am inspired by the opportunities ahead, and am looking forward to working with everyone on the talented Ricoh team as well as its extended family of dealers, partners and photographers, including our PENTAX Image Makers brand ambassadors."
That's exactly what I would have said if they'd hired me.

10-22-2015, 06:08 PM   #5

It's been around for awhile but the links seemed to come and go on the US Ricoh website. Maybe with a formal announcement it is here to stay
10-22-2015, 06:42 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote

I thought it sounded familiar... Maybe it's their salute to Back to the Future?
10-22-2015, 07:29 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Great seeing Ms. Wolken hired. I'm feeling positive about what appear to be Ricoh's plans to 'grow' (as they say nowadays) the company.

10-22-2015, 07:39 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by THoog Quote

Hmm, I know of someone that would love to work on that marketing team. Already has completed some pro bono stuff too...

-Heie
10-22-2015, 10:14 PM   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
PENTAX Image Makers brand ambassadors
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
That's exactly what I would have said if they'd hired me.
I know you are a Pentax image maker and brand ambassador, but you would have posted a picture to backup your claim. :-)
10-22-2015, 10:51 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Linnea worked for Papa Murphys and Pepsi, maybe she can put together a "celebrate your new camera" package.
10-23-2015, 03:37 AM   #11

The question I have about the Advantage program is who is handling the repairs? I hope not Precision.
10-23-2015, 05:08 AM   #12
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
who is handling the repairs? I hope not Precision.
Whoever it is, Ricoh will need to ride them hard.
10-23-2015, 05:33 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
Linnea worked for Papa Murphys and Pepsi, maybe she can put together a "celebrate your new camera" package.
1. What happened to the head Marketing dude who was going to change everything a couple years ago??

2. "Wolken"......"last decade"....."window coverings"..... ?!?!?!? This is the best they can do?

----> ----> ---->
10-23-2015, 07:08 AM   #14
Pentaxian

This her?

https://www.linkedin.com/in/linneawolken
10-23-2015, 07:19 AM   #15
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by goldenarrow Quote
1. What happened to the head Marketing dude who was going to change everything a couple years ago??

2. "Wolken"......"last decade"....."window coverings"..... ?!?!?!? This is the best they can do?

----> ----> ---->
This won't be the first time a company hires someone from an unrelated field to head marketing or even to be the CEO. If she executes marketing 101 principle #1 which is get your product out there and let more people see it, they may end up selling more cameras!!!

Then again when you open a window covering you see an image. Well, when you look through the viewfinder of a camera you see an image. The difference is that in the case of the camera, you click a button and you capture that image!!! Not a hard concept to grasp. It should not be hard at all to adjust to a new industry!!

---------- Post added 10-23-15 at 07:32 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
Great seeing Ms. Wolken hired. I'm feeling positive about what appear to be Ricoh's plans to 'grow' (as they say nowadays) the company.
I agree. Perhaps it is time for Pentax to do some real marketing. Putting a few ads in trade magazines and hopping for the best is not enough for today's market. Strong showing in trade shows was the start of some real marketing. I think ultimately they need to put the product in potential buyer's hands to make a dent in this market. It is so hard to compete with Canon and Sony marketing juggernaut. They have a much bigger budget and a big head start.

I am sure they interviewed enough people before making the decision. She must have a plan that resonated with people. I hope to see a lot more Pentax presence... soon.

Last edited by btnapa; 10-23-2015 at 07:32 AM. Reason: text