Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 74 Likes Search this Thread
10-27-2015, 11:35 AM   #196
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
No way, I hope. The most Pentax lenses are screw drive geared. It will be unreal to use most DA lenses and DA limited on FF body.
Hope? It's common sense.

10-27-2015, 11:36 AM   #197
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Some of the suggestions, wishes etc on here, make me wanna bang my head into the wall!
Which ones?
10-27-2015, 11:40 AM   #198
Veteran Member

Some of the suggestions, wishes etc on here, make me wanna bang my head into the wall!

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Which ones?
All of them?
Any thread titles including the words: Wishes, Feature Request, Mirrorless, etc...
10-27-2015, 12:49 PM - 4 Likes   #199
Veteran Member

Here's a present. Always wear this when browsing PentaxForums:

10-27-2015, 12:50 PM   #200
Veteran Member

Haha..no! Wont happen. Sorry! Most of this post made me ->

Please dont do that, if we are at least 4 more months to FF release. you will be in a hospital at day of release, and still are haters to come when the specs are public

... Tell them to put Pentax stickers on the box, i want one...
10-27-2015, 12:55 PM - 1 Like   #201
Veteran Member

Kenspo, you need this for all the stupid FF things on PF:
10-27-2015, 12:57 PM   #202
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Haha..no! Wont happen. Sorry! Most of this post made me ->

I have said it before, this first FF are aimed at pros and serious photographers mostly. But current Pentax user, and potensial new ones. So all "Old" and new features are there after. So please stop with all this crazy stuff! Ricoh looks ahead, not backwards.

Hi Kenspo,

I don't post a lot, but, I hear you about the crazy stuff. I've been a "pro" in the past, and while I don't currently need this to earn a living now, I still want one, and that should be a good market too.

Looking forward is what I like to hear! All I really want from the new FF is not a specific list of features, but for Ricoh to get certain things right on this one.
I don't think that's asking for too much. Like for Ricoh to figure out how to make PTTL to work correctly with bounce flash, AF on par with the competition, and to continue to maximize the dynamic range and low noise floor they are known for squeezing from Sony sensors.

Personally, I think if Ricoh can deliver on those alone, with good QC and no re-calls, they will have a real winner. All the actual features and ergonomic stuff, I trust Ricoh will continue to get right or I will learn to deal with what is there, and I'm sure those will be great once I get used to them. Heck, I still shoot in Manual half the time anyway.

Eric

10-27-2015, 02:19 PM   #203
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wild Mark Quote
I bumped into a Canon dedicate the other day when shooting birds at the local wetland. "Oh, you are a Pentax user. You must have had a dad who used Pentax, right?"

The insinuation was I am only loyal to the brand because of my prior experience. Well, that is kind of right but not without some backing. Pentax has always delivered really good colours and well priced gear that gives semi-pro results.
If that happened to me, I would have to him the truth: "This time last year I was a Canon user, but then for the second time in eight years, my Canon died on me."
10-27-2015, 02:38 PM   #204
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I hope they bring back the black 3-D printed blob they had shown earlier.
Would that would that be retro design?

---------- Post added 10-27-15 at 05:42 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
I think the BKT/ISO/HDR dial works sets the function, the other knobby dial to the right corner will adjust the settings for that function.
Maybe the unmarked dial makes it disappear!
10-27-2015, 02:55 PM   #205
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
If that happened to me, I would have to him the truth: "This time last year I was a Canon user, but then for the second time in eight years, my Canon died on me."
Twice in 8 years isn't too bad.
10-27-2015, 05:20 PM   #206
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have said it before, this first FF are aimed at pros and serious photographers mostly.
Sounds like an it will be an expensive camera. $3,299 is my prediction.
10-27-2015, 06:38 PM - 1 Like   #207
bxf
Veteran Member

please stop with all this crazy stuff!
I believe it is more than once now you've said something to this effect.

You are viewing Pentax Forums. "Crazy" is our raison d'etre.
10-27-2015, 11:58 PM - 1 Like   #208
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bxf Quote
You are viewing Pentax Forums. "Crazy" is our raison d'etre.
10-28-2015, 02:16 AM - 2 Likes   #209
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
In late 2012 I first wrote "Be of good cheer, Pentaxians. Ricoh has a Plan and you will be happy." Twice in the ensuing years the pushback on this Forum against my boundless optimism was so virulent that I went away for several months. Twice I responded with inappropriate anger and was sent for a Timeout. I didn't know it would take this long, but I'm (much more quietly) happy we're finally on the cusp of seeing the Plan unfold.

I sincerely believe Hoya did so much damage that Ricoh really ought not to have invested in Pentax. If they pull this off - and I believe they will - we should be eternally grateful for their vision and tenacity. At the very least this has been and will be fun to watch. It really is Business School Case Study material. Truly that big a job.

We should be happy.
Mate, I didnt know you were having tough times on this forum and I feel sorry about that.
Im one of the member that like to read what you have to say and Im very glad that, even late, it seems they do have a plan which confirm your predictions !
10-28-2015, 02:37 AM   #210
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Run very fast when you gotit in your hands.
I can run faster than Ricoh's employees, but I fear the Pentaxians might not let me get out in one piece with the camera in hand @_@

QuoteOriginally posted by shardulm Quote
Or better yet... dress and break in like an alien and walk out big.
that sounds doable, no one blame an alien no matter what he does ^^