Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-28-2015, 07:06 AM - 1 Like   #211
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by redcat Quote
I can run faster than Ricoh's employees, but I fear the Pentaxians might not let me get out in one piece with the camera in hand @_@

that sounds doable, no one blame an alien no matter what he does ^^
You need a good plan and a team. Ocean's 14 would be your call! George Cloony can help you.

10-28-2015, 07:36 AM   #212
Veteran Member

I'll help you break in if we share the loot fifty-fifty.
10-28-2015, 07:48 AM   #213
Veteran Member

it's the "get out" part that scares me, nah, alien outfit is a better plan =))
10-28-2015, 08:03 AM   #214
Veteran Member

You need Google:
https://www.google.ca/search?q=how+to+steal+something+in+the+middle+of+a+crowd

10-29-2015, 09:29 PM   #215
Banned

Look I'm in full support of what Ricoh is doing to revive the Pentax family of equipment, and they've already done a number of incredible things to that end (the 645z was a home run in anyone's book).

However, this particular occurrence did nothing to help the brand. Regardless of what conspiracy theories people may have about 'clever marketing' etc etc, it was clumsy and disorganised, and not the sort of thing that they should be doing if they want to appeal to the pro market as a well organised supplier of photo equipment.

Asahi Man's disapproving comments only proved my point further....they still have a journey to take on the marketing front.
10-29-2015, 09:43 PM   #216
Veteran Member

I guess it depends...do they want to grow the brand or are they content to be profitable?
10-29-2015, 10:23 PM   #217
Banned

I don't think they would be putting the obvious resources and investment in if they were just content to be profitable.

They're launching a whole new range (FF) including lenses to suit. Does that suggest contentment or aspirations of brand growth?

Whatever your answer is, the FF release is not currently being well managed....at all.

As I said, I'm not throwing stones at Ricoh / Pentax. It's just disappointing to see them make such a shambles of the product release, when the difficult bit is making well-engineered cameras (which they're doing very well). You would think hiring a few global marketing strategists would be the easy part!!!!!

10-30-2015, 12:04 AM   #218
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Poit Quote
As I said, I'm not throwing stones at Ricoh / Pentax. It's just disappointing to see them make such a shambles of the product release, ...
What if it really just was an unfortunate mistake pertaining to PPE?

In that case, accidents like that should not happen, but they do and it would be inappropriate to accuse Ricoh of incompetent marketing. I'd rather have Ricoh avoid technical issue like sensor stains (K-5), oil spraying on the sensor (D600), misaligned AF areas (D800), or skin-irritating grips (Rebel T4i) than have a 100% smooth marketing roll out.
10-30-2015, 02:51 AM   #219
Pentaxian

IMO this looks just like a minor communication issue between Ricoh U.S. and Japan, no real harm done. Complaints will be made anyway, either because Ricoh Imaging U.S. had a prototype under glass, or because Ricoh Imaging U.S. didn't had any prototype under glass.
10-30-2015, 02:58 AM   #220
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
What if it really just was an unfortunate mistake pertaining to PPE?

In that case, accidents like that should not happen, but they do and it would be inappropriate to accuse Ricoh of incompetent marketing. I'd rather have Ricoh avoid technical issue like sensor stains (K-5), oil spraying on the sensor (D600), misaligned AF areas (D800), or skin-irritating grips (Rebel T4i) than have a 100% smooth marketing roll out.
I totally agree. IMO this has nothing to do with marketing. They mixed up things, certainly.
It may even be only Pentax US getting things wrong: wouldn't be the first time.
11-05-2015, 02:39 AM - 1 Like   #221
Pentaxian

From the French Ricoh Imaging letter emailed today re. the Salon de la Photo that opens today in Paris:

"Ca y est, c'est le grand jour de l'ouverture. Venez sur notre stand pour vivre l'expérience 360° avec le nouveau Ricoh Theta S, découvrez nos dernières optiques compatibles plein format et notamment la toute nouvelle HD PENTAX-D FA 24-70mm F2.8ED SDM WR. Enfin, venez admirer notre futur reflex plein format qui sera bientôt disponible (printemps 2016)."

Courtesy translation :

"This is it, this is the big day of the opening. Come to our stand to live the 360° experience with the new Ricoh Theta S, discover our latest full-frame lenses Including the new HD PENTAX-D FA 24-70mm WR F2.8ED SDM. Finally, come and see our future full-frame SLR that will be available soon (Spring 2016)."
11-05-2015, 02:53 AM   #222
Veteran Member

I'll be there this weekend hopefully the FF will still be there ^^
11-05-2015, 03:44 AM   #223
Pentaxian

Also on Facebook:
QuoteOriginally posted by Ricoh Imaging France:
Le Salon de la photo a ouvert ses portes ! Nous vous donnons rendez-vous sur notre stand pour découvrir l'ensemble de nos gammes. A voir aussi : un échantillon du Full Frame PENTAX est présenté sous vitrine en avant-première !
https://www.facebook.com/RicohImagingFrance/

"The Salon de la Photo opened its doors! We are looking forward to seeing you at our booth to discover all our products. Don't miss the specimen of the Full Frame PENTAX presented under glass in preview!"