Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-23-2015, 11:46 AM - 9 Likes   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
In my 5 years on this site, I've never seen any Pentax news you haven't been completely negative about.
AsahiMan, on the other hand, has almost always been correct on the inside news regarding Pentax.

I think I'll take his reporting over your opinions.

QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
I'd like to see any proof, not only words.

10-23-2015, 11:48 AM   #32
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
you guys are wrong. Ricoh didn't stop the showing of the camera.

the camera was stolen!
So tell us what it is like, post photos. (;
10-23-2015, 11:54 AM   #33
Pentaxian

Dpreview has some closeup shots in the News section.
10-23-2015, 11:55 AM   #34
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
My hunch would be that this camera reveals too much at once - isn't there some teaser site that's supposed to show a little bit more every so often?

But there's a lot that can be deduced from it though

10-23-2015, 12:00 PM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

No harm done; I LOVED this new camera. Most people seem to agree. BRING IT ON RICOH!
10-23-2015, 12:23 PM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
The show organizers had to ask Ricoh to put it away. Too many people were crowding around the display. This created a safety hazard should an immediate evacuation of the area be required b/c of a fire alarm or something like that.

10-23-2015, 12:27 PM - 2 Likes   #37
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
On Dpreview, Asahi Man confirmed that this was a working camera.
I agree.
Ogl, show us some proof that it's not a working camera instead of just words saying it isn't.

Last edited by Parallax; 10-23-2015 at 01:26 PM.
10-23-2015, 12:39 PM   #38
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Nass Quote
My hunch would be that this camera reveals too much at once - isn't there some teaser site that's supposed to show a little bit more every so often?

But there's a lot that can be deduced from it though
I guess the recent delay may well have foobared all sorts of marketing plans? It's hard to see what's wrong with bringing on the good news as soon as possible, though. Every extra month is just more potential clients drifting to other brands rather than waiting for what they know will be tops, because they have been given the information to know it.

The pics look incredibly like a fully working unit to me. Since these obviously exist anyway, why would they not show one?

10-23-2015, 12:42 PM   #39
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

show us proof that Ogl is an actual working person . . .
10-23-2015, 12:48 PM   #40
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Makes sense that it is an actual camera, even if some of the final design specs may be tweaked before it is released. If it is going to be released in four-ish months, then it has to be in real world testing at this point. Makes sense that it was a real camera, in particular if they were asked to stop showing it. Certainly if it was just a block of plastic, Ricoh could care less who saw that, versus a real working prototype that is 98 percent of what will be eventually released.
10-23-2015, 12:51 PM   #41
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Seems incredible that usa marketing would not get the word on a change of plans. Appears as if showing this now was a part of an organized plan after an October 6 announcement. When the announcement was canceled no one told the people manning the photoplus booth and they went ahead with the original plan.

Left hand not talking to right hand??

Not exactly a smooth running marketing machine, (sigh)
10-23-2015, 12:52 PM   #42
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mecrox Quote
The pics look incredibly like a fully working unit to me. Since these obviously exist anyway, why would they not show one?
Because nobody can sees the Precious...[/Gollum]
10-23-2015, 01:04 PM   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mecrox Quote
Since these obviously exist anyway, why would they not show one?
To prevent it from getting "lost." There may only be a very small number of working prototypes out there, each one significantly different from the others, and losing any of them means the inability to obtain data from a testing prototype with "x" amount of use. Simply losing a six-month old prototype could result in a further six month delay. The other issue is that working prototypes typically have significant unresolved problems (you build a new prototype to see if the problem is fixable) and if a flawed camera gets out in the wild, it can damage the final product's reception in the marketplace. Even if the camera never leaves the display case, Ricoh loses control over the information that gets into the wild and that may be very uncomfortable within Ricoh's corporate culture.

Highly unlikely this causes irreperable harm to the Pentax FF camera, but I can see where some managers within Ricoh would be very uncomfortable with this turn of events.
10-23-2015, 01:04 PM - 1 Like   #44
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yesterday was back to the future day. I think Marty McFly has been to the show. Perhaps he needed an advanced DSLR for his use and after seeing Pentax as the market leader in 2025 he decided this was the best he could get away with in 2015.

His hands are too small for the 645z after all...
10-23-2015, 01:12 PM   #45
ogl
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
In my 5 years on this site, I've never seen any Pentax news you haven't been completely negative about.
AsahiMan, on the other hand, has almost always been correct on the inside news regarding Pentax.

I think I'll take his reporting over your opinions.
He said about the announcement on October, 6...

---------- Post added 10-23-2015 at 01:14 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
show us proof that Ogl is an actual working person . . .
Have a look at my photo - I'm alive. And I'm man, not gear. Strange comparison