Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-24-2015, 06:32 AM   #91
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pacu Quote
With all this negativity for all things Pentax around here, does it matter ?
Interesting phenomenon, isn't it? Nothing stirs up the malcontents and trolls like good news from or about Pentax.

10-24-2015, 06:56 AM - 1 Like   #92

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Interesting phenomenon, isn't it? Nothing stirs up the malcontents and trolls like good news from or about Pentax.
I must say the overall tone of threads on this FF body are definitely upbeat. The professional Eeyores and Nattering Nabobs of Negativism are somewhat mollified. At least we are not seeing the "bunch of liars" and "failures" phrases heaped on Ricoh/Pentax, Asahi Man and kenspo as we did in the "Spring 2016" threads. However, give them time. You can't keep a dedicated blowhard/Pentax Basher down for long.
10-24-2015, 06:56 AM   #93
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
You mean people on the Nikon forum are just discussing Pentax?
No I am just saying that no camera corporation got everything right, obviously Pentax did a better job in relation to its competitors in the 70s. But I do not want to see another Nikon full frame clone as many would want.

---------- Post added 10-24-15 at 05:00 PM ----------

I hope to see some good resaults of the upcoming camera with the DFA 150-450 even if my financial status would no permit getting it. Just to see the next excuse of the "experts" to put Pentax down.

---------- Post added 10-24-15 at 05:12 PM ----------

You can call me an fanboy if it makes you fell better but I respect a company for produce products like the DFA 100mm f/2.8 macro and the DA 10-17mm fisheye compined with in body stabilization. I know this does not sounds very usefull but I like having the stabilization available at all times even if it is of limited importance, when I am not using a tripod. I wish I had better discipline and used more often the tripod. Even an el cheapo K-30 is more than enough with proper support.
10-24-2015, 08:06 AM - 5 Likes   #94
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Where as most of us are just really happy, because deep down in our hearts we just want these folks to shut up. We mistakenly believe that when the FF and a few lenses are released people will stop whining crying about every little thing. But realistically we know it's not going to happen. There will always be smaller less important things to whine and cry about. But for a day or two it gives us hope.

Pentax brings out the 150-450, people want 600...because they are so particular, they can't get it done with a 150-450. Pentax rebadges a Tamron lens and no one is happy, because it's not an original Pentax, even though Jun Hirakawa works over at Tamron now, one of the premier Pentax lens designers of all time, fired by Hoya, and you could argue that it's the Hoya and Ricoh hired designers who aren't really Pentax, and that Tamron is the real Pentax.

Imagine a site where all people did was ask people how they do things with their gear, without the "I'm so disappointed that I can't do this on my Pentax." answered by 15 guys who do what they want to do 15 different ways that they never thought of. What if all there was on here was great images... gear use tutorials, and no whining a gnashing of teeth? I know, it's hard to wrap your head around, but, what if?

The little birds are hungry in the nest, and mother bird turns up with a fat juicy worm, and all the sudden all the little ones are craning their necks crying as loud as they can saying "me. me . me. what about me." I'm not saying there's bird brains active on the site but darn close to it.

Folks, Pentax is not your momma, and even if she was, the new FF and supporting lenses are not worms. Straining and crying like a bunch of chicks, isn't going to get you anything.

10-24-2015, 08:09 AM - 1 Like   #95
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Imagine a site where all people did was ask people how they do things with their gear, without the "I'm so disappointed that I can't do this on my Pentax." answered by 15 guys who do what they want to do 15 different ways that they never thought of. What if all there was on here was great images... gear use tutorials, and no whining a gnashing of teeth? I know, it's hard to wrap your head around, but, what if?
Norm, you're either typing in your sleep, or you don't have to go to sleep to dream.
10-24-2015, 08:14 AM   #96
Pentaxian

Norm, you're either typing in your sleep, or you don't have to go to sleep to dream.
I stayed up late watching the Jays lose last night, I'll go get Tess to slap me, maybe it will wake me up.
10-24-2015, 08:46 AM - 4 Likes   #97
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I'll go get Tess to slap me, maybe it will wake me up.
Oh PLEASE have her video that and post it.

10-24-2015, 08:57 AM   #98
Forum Member

We even get an unapologetically angular DSLR, and people expect it to be a blob like the others. Why ? Superflous curves don't make a camera prettier, leave curves to other things.
10-24-2015, 08:59 AM   #99
mee
Veteran Member

Folks, Pentax is not your momma, and even if she was, the new FF and supporting lenses are not worms. Straining and crying like a bunch of chicks, isn't going to get you anything.
This also deserves a...

10-24-2015, 09:12 AM   #100
Pentaxian

Oh PLEASE have her video that and post it.
You are way too enthusiastic about this mister...
10-24-2015, 09:24 AM   #101
Veteran Member

I think it is just the society we live in. Everyone wants both instant gratification and also they want every desired catered to with no compromise.
10-24-2015, 09:25 AM   #102
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cali92rs Quote
I think it is just the society we live in. Everyone wants both instant gratification and also they want every desired catered to with no compromise.
It is sad really.. there are no compromises to the 'me' era. It is also why politics are so polarized today I think.. my way or the highway.
10-24-2015, 09:43 AM   #103
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Ricoh loaned out the FF Pentax to a review site to get some early feedback.
10-24-2015, 10:03 AM   #104

Where as most of us are just really happy, because deep down in our hearts we just want these folks to shut up. We mistakenly believe that when the FF and a few lenses are released people will stop whining crying about every little thing. But realistically we know it's not going to happen. There will always be smaller less important things to whine and cry about. But for a day or two it gives us hope.
Relate post Pentax Bashers
10-24-2015, 10:11 AM   #105
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wtlwdwgn Quote
Ricoh loaned out the FF Pentax to a review site to get some early feedback.
Just one?