Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-24-2015, 10:12 AM   #106
Pentaxian

You can't really capture the majesty of a Full Frame dSLR on a crop sensor anyway, so...

10-24-2015, 12:28 PM   #107
bxf
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
You are way too enthusiastic about this mister...
That should be "misters".
10-24-2015, 12:44 PM   #108
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Where as most of us are just really happy, because deep down in our hearts we just want these folks to shut up. We mistakenly believe that when the FF and a few lenses are released people will stop whining crying about every little thing. But realistically we know it's not going to happen. There will always be smaller less important things to whine and cry about. But for a day or two it gives us hope.
+1 Very well said. I am at the point where I suggest people go buy the camera of their dreams (seems to be a Sony at the moment) and come back in a few months when they have actually used it, and tell us how good it is. It is too easy - they aren't going to do it (because changing systems costs time and money) and I suspect they aren't out making images any way, because if they were they would be talking about different stuff....like to do with making images, not the tiniest detail on this camera features verses that camera features.

In years to come this whinging and knocking phenomena on internet fora is going to keep social sciences pHD researchers busy for years....
10-24-2015, 08:39 PM   #109
Pentaxian

Saw this post on PR..
QuoteQuote:
sperdynamite • 6 hours ago
I went to the expo today and it wasn't there. The rep said that they initially got the ok from Japan to show it but there was a miscommunication. Japan thought they meant the original mock up. I guess once the pics were posted everyone working there got emails to take it down. The rep seemed a little miffed by the whole thing because in his opinion, it's not going to make a difference one way or another if people see a prototype at a trade show. After that we talked about the Z a lot and had a nice conversation. Pentax makes some of the best cameras and lenses in the business, I really wish that company the best. I'm hoping to try the FF some day with good Limited glass, and the Z remains my dream camera.

10-24-2015, 09:30 PM   #110
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Tesla Quote
Saw this post on PR..
Here's the link to this Photo Rumours article on which sperdynamite commented.
10-24-2015, 10:14 PM   #111
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
So with all the theorizing on why the camera disappeared, why has no one thought that maybe Ricoh needed it back and they only had it for a couple of days? Or had to ship it back before Photo Plus ended? Maybe there's no rogue marketer who might lose their job. Maybe there's no micromanaging international corporation.
10-24-2015, 11:35 PM   #112
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
better get some Ricoh stock. 2016 gonna be the year of Pentax. I've noticed a white KS2 on BONES newest episode.
Ricoh marketting is doing some nice work here, people.

10-25-2015, 01:02 AM - 2 Likes   #113
Pentaxian

They had to have a significant "leak" before black Friday and Christmas to stop people spending their money on other gear.

Whether accidental or deliberate, the brief time it was on display will only garner attention for Pentax. Taking it away and locking it in a cupboard will do so even more.
10-25-2015, 02:26 AM   #114
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Funny exchange at the end of the Comments.
10-25-2015, 11:39 AM   #115
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
They had to have a significant "leak" before black Friday and Christmas to stop people spending their money on other gear.

Whether accidental or deliberate, the brief time it was on display will only garner attention for Pentax. Taking it away and locking it in a cupboard will do so even more.
Yes, the cam was there to be shown. To whom and when is an open question. (Dealers? Select pros and journalists behind closed doors?)

While possibly against Ricoh Japan's wishes, I agree that its brief unveiling to the public was a Good Thing.
10-25-2015, 12:11 PM   #116
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by filoxophy Quote
Yes, the cam was there to be shown. To whom and when is an open question. (Dealers? Select pros and journalists behind closed doors?)

While possibly against Ricoh Japan's wishes, I agree that its brief unveiling to the public was a Good Thing.
Maybe getting too far into the second derivative here - - but contrary to an error of communication, this establishes Denver (Ricoh Imaging Americas, Ltd.) as insurgents against the all-powerful Japanese borg, a trait an outsider should always establish to engage its apostate followers. Helps build and bind the quirky community of American Pentaxians.
10-25-2015, 07:39 PM   #117
Pentaxian

You mean they didn't just put it out there to take ammunition from those who still claim it hasn't been finished yet and my never be?
10-25-2015, 08:08 PM   #118
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

You mean they didn't just put it out there to take ammunition from those who still claim it hasn't been finished yet and my never be?
That will be the same folks that when the Pentax FF camera is flying off the shelves of stores, still won't believe it is real because they haven't seen one, and even then the spec's won't be exactly right for them when compared with the pick of the features of 15 competitors other cameras, including Medium Format and Technical Cameras costing 10 to 20 times as much as a system.

If you are meaning those folks - I wouldn't listening to the noises they make......
10-25-2015, 09:29 PM   #119
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote

I was thinking of maybe buying a K3II on Black Friday. But now after seeing the Full Frame photos from last week's NY Photo show, I believe that I will save that money and use it towards the Full Frame.
10-25-2015, 10:11 PM   #120
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Pentax has always had a "leak", sometime prior to the release of a significant body. The 645 line - not so much, but the APS-C line, every new body introduction has had something occur. With this delay, something was needed.

Even if there are substantial changes to the body - this release was necessary...