Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-26-2015, 10:11 AM - 1 Like   #151
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
In late 2012 I first wrote "Be of good cheer, Pentaxians. Ricoh has a Plan and you will be happy." Twice in the ensuing years the pushback on this Forum against my boundless optimism was so virulent that I went away for several months. Twice I responded with inappropriate anger and was sent for a Timeout. I didn't know it would take this long, but I'm (much more quietly) happy we're finally on the cusp of seeing the Plan unfold.

I sincerely believe Hoya did so much damage that Ricoh really ought not to have invested in Pentax. If they pull this off - and I believe they will - we should be eternally grateful for their vision and tenacity. At the very least this has been and will be fun to watch. It really is Business School Case Study material. Truly that big a job.

We should be happy.
I heartily agree, but I don't remember you ever having a tantrum, Monny. I'm sure whoever you lashed out at, deserved it.

10-26-2015, 10:17 AM   #152
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
Originally posted by kenspo Im a pro..And since they actually signed me from another brand, tells me they have plans! I am more then the regular K-3 ambassador.
QuoteOriginally posted by Wired Quote
I have offers from both Sony and Leica, and i know Nikon wants me back..so as long as i stay with Ricoh, you should take it VERY positive..stuff will happen
Kenspo, we all appreciate your input tremendously. Nice for us to be able to have positive feedback on this upcoming FF camera.
Then I got thinking:
Being a pro, you run a business too.
Running a business means: cash !
Cash= it has to come from a source.
In your present case, apart from what you gain with your pro business, you have the opportunity to help develop a product, hence the Pentax/Ricoh FF camera.
All that said also means that if you have a MUCH better offer from another imaging company ... wouldn't you jump on that? .... Please stick with us!!

JP
10-26-2015, 10:37 AM   #153
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
Twice in the ensuing years the pushback on this Forum against my boundless optimism was so virulent that I went away for several months.
Ya, you left me to fend of the whiners and crybabies all by myself. I thought you were my ally, just because everyone who hated you hated me to, ah, those were the days.
10-26-2015, 10:50 AM   #154
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Ya, you left me to fend of the whiners and crybabies all by myself. I thought you were my ally, just because everyone who hated you hated me to, ah, those were the days.
And I just boriscleto™ everyone

10-26-2015, 11:03 AM   #155
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My mother shot an AE-1 and would not be described as a snob in camera gear - she's oblivious to the brand - just wants results. She no longer really photographs anything other than directing her hubby to use his superzoom on his Nikon to take a snapshot. The point I am trying to make is that a few rotten apples can make any brand look like a haven for snobs. Canon - like it or not - has a huge following with pros and upper end gear head enthusiasts. Like a frat or any other organization people have to justify their choices to themselves. We do the same in many ways here.

Ultimately it boils down to this. I would like all photographers to just cram their fists in their mouths as soon as the words "you should get a ________" (fill in the blank) start to come out - assuming the question wasn't asked of them.
10-26-2015, 11:26 AM   #156
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
II get ALL my gear + they set me up with lowepro and lexar too :P
You can get basically anything you want?
10-26-2015, 11:34 AM   #157
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bryce K Quote
...This site could generate 10 pages on a new lens cap
haha, so true

10-26-2015, 11:35 AM   #158
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
And I just boriscleto™ everyone
How do you do that?

---------- Post added 10-26-15 at 02:37 PM ----------

In late 2012 I first wrote "Be of good cheer, Pentaxians. Ricoh has a Plan and you will be happy." Twice in the ensuing years the pushback on this Forum against my boundless optimism was so virulent that I went away for several months. Twice I responded with inappropriate anger and was sent for a Timeout. I didn't know it would take this long, but I'm (much more quietly) happy we're finally on the cusp of seeing the Plan unfold.

I sincerely believe Hoya did so much damage that Ricoh really ought not to have invested in Pentax. If they pull this off - and I believe they will - we should be eternally grateful for their vision and tenacity. At the very least this has been and will be fun to watch. It really is Business School Case Study material. Truly that big a job.

We should be happy.
Maybe we should rename your profile Bobby Darin?
...don't worry... be happy...

I for one have a rational grip on reality and think the signs are quite positive. But if people want to cry the sky is falling then it opens opportunity to buy more at lower prices....
10-26-2015, 11:38 AM   #159
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
How do you do that?[COLOR="Silver"]
So simple. Just click the user name and click Ignore
10-26-2015, 11:39 AM   #160
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
So simple. Just click the user name and click Ignore
I seriously do not see such an option.

For example I click on a user in a thread and see:
  • View Full Profile
  • Contact via Private Message
  • Contact via e-mail
  • Visit xyzuser homepage
  • Find other posts by xyzuser
  • Find threads started by xyzuser
  • Find threads in which xyzuser has posted
10-26-2015, 11:44 AM   #161
Pentaxian

Then go to the Control Panel and click on Edit Ignored Users... a menu option over on the left hand side of the screen, everyone should know where that is. I'd show you mine but there are a few users that I should probably remove... my list is much easier to get on, than it is to get off.
10-26-2015, 11:49 AM   #162
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Then go to the Control Panel and click on Edit Ignored Users... a menu option over on the left hand side of the screen, everyone should know where that is. I'd show you mine but there are a few users that I should probably remove... my list is much easier to get on, than it is to get off.
Thank you. Bliss may be close.
10-26-2015, 11:49 AM   #163
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Just because I have never used that function, I am interested now how it works in a thread. I see that PM's and comments by the ignored user are blocked. What happens on a thread when someone quotes that user and replies. Do you still see that? Because that would mean seeing only half the conversation?

---------- Post added 27-10-15 at 07:51 AM ----------

We should be happy.
Some of us are.....
10-26-2015, 11:54 AM   #164
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
What happens on a thread when someone quotes that user and replies
You still see the quoted reply from ignored users. If you click on the double chevrons, you get directed to the ignored message, with only a "this post is not visible because you have blocked <insert Sony/Canon propagandist here>."
10-26-2015, 11:57 AM   #165
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Thank you. Bliss may be close.

you'll really like that.... and, if anything like me, soon start an impressive 'ignored' list....