Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 51 Likes Search this Thread
11-04-2015, 04:18 PM   #181
Site Supporter

I'm a little late to this party, but that looks like a very serious, very intimidating camera.

11-04-2015, 04:47 PM - 2 Likes   #182
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by dansamy Quote
I'm a little late to this party, but that looks like a very serious, very intimidating camera.
You're a little late to a lot of things. Where the heck have you been?
11-04-2015, 04:54 PM   #183
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
You're a little late to a lot of things. Where the heck have you been?
My husband died last November. I kind of just shut down on everything except work & the kids.
11-04-2015, 05:06 PM - 1 Like   #184
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Sorry to hear that; but welcome back, Amy.

11-04-2015, 05:16 PM - 1 Like   #185
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
That is why I love the D800 as I am always working in 4x5 mode which replicates very closely 90% of all of the magazine formats I shoot for.
I too love the D800 4x5 crop mode!
Yet it amazes me how many Nikon shooters poo poo this useful feature!
(their loss IMHO)

Michael
11-04-2015, 05:29 PM   #186
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Sorry to hear that; but welcome back, Amy.
It's been a long year. But, I have to find a new normal for me. Or rather create one. My daughter's boyfriend's mother asked me if I had any hobbies. And I honestly don't. Work & kids. And that's not a real life. So, I'm picking up the cameras & dusting them off. Because of everything, I enjoy photography the most.
11-04-2015, 05:41 PM - 1 Like   #187
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

It's been a long year. But, I have to find a new normal for me. Or rather create one. My daughter's boyfriend's mother asked me if I had any hobbies. And I honestly don't. Work & kids. And that's not a real life. So, I'm picking up the cameras & dusting them off. Because of everything, I enjoy photography the most.
Forums like this aren't just an information resource, Amy. They can be a pretty good support system too. Again, welcome back!

BTW, it's still going. https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/172-pentax-k-3/239325-why-i-wont-buy-k3-w...re-thread.html

Last edited by Parallax; 11-04-2015 at 07:00 PM.
11-04-2015, 07:38 PM - 2 Likes   #188
Pentaxian

I have to find a new normal for me.
New normal is right. Healing will come, but the progress is certainly not linear. I am closing in on five years since losing my wife (hardly seems possible) and I can say it does get easier. In the mean time, just keep putting one foot in front of the other.
11-05-2015, 12:31 AM   #189
Veteran Member

My husband died last November. I kind of just shut down on everything except work & the kids.
Condolences on your loss...
12-14-2015, 08:25 AM   #190

Thanks for posting these!
01-13-2016, 12:59 PM   #191
Pentaxian

so sorry to hear that, Amy.
Glad to see you active here again.
01-13-2016, 01:03 PM   #192
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

So sorry for your loss. Finding a new "normal" is needed; don't push for it, it will come when the time is right. Photography will bring some joy back into your life, and sharing your images with us, will certainly be appreciated!

A great family here, surrounds you and supports you!
01-15-2016, 08:35 AM   #193
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
2015 was an extremely rough year for the Jansen household as well, especially for Jenny. If it wasn't because of her job, it would have been significantly harder for her to get out of bed in the morning in light of the back-to-back miscarriages.

Which is why there haven't been any baby pictures posted to the forum after the movie poster we made last year :/

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/12-post-your-photos/287527-people-i-made-...ie-poster.html

We're just starting to really rebound and she's finding her "new normal" to creep back towards how things were with regular gym attendance and dorky "in-home theater" date nights for the two of us Slowly but surely...

Sorry to hear about your loss, and @Parallax is right - the forums are a fantastic community that help in many ways

-Heie
01-15-2016, 09:00 AM   #194
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Heie Quote
2015 was an extremely rough year for the Jansen household as well, especially for Jenny. If it wasn't because of her job, it would have been significantly harder for her to get out of bed in the morning in light of the back-to-back miscarriages.

Which is why there haven't been any baby pictures posted to the forum after the movie poster we made last year :/

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/12-post-your-photos/287527-people-i-made-...ie-poster.html

We're just starting to really rebound and she's finding her "new normal" to creep back towards how things were with regular gym attendance and dorky "in-home theater" date nights for the two of us Slowly but surely...

Sorry to hear about your loss, and @Parallax is right - the forums are a fantastic community that help in many ways

-Heie
I am really sorry to hear that Alex. I have some prayers going out in both yours and Jenny's direction.
01-15-2016, 01:01 PM   #195
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Where is joystick for AF in K-1?

Fujifilm X-Pro2 has it....

Last edited by ogl; 01-16-2016 at 12:39 AM.