Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-02-2015, 04:13 PM   #16

Photos: Albums
I have to agree with the Canon being boring, after going to the Canon Expo in September I was definitely not intrigued with any of their merchandise.

The EOS M3 looked promising except for it's slow FPS, having to purchase a EVF for an additional $229.00 and having to use an adapter if you want to use your DSLR lens.

I didn't even bother visiting their booth at PDN Photo Plus Expo last weekend. And yesterday, I traded in the last of my Canon heavy bodies and lenses for store credit at B&H and picked up a new Pentax 35mm f/2.0,Lexar 1000x SD card and the new Hoya filter.

The only two items I have left of Canon is the SL1 which should have been their "mirror-less" and the G16.

11-02-2015, 05:41 PM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Sportsgal501 Quote
The only two items I have left of Canon is the SL1 which should have been their "mirror-less" and the G16.
Any lenses for the SL1...
11-03-2015, 04:51 AM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Any lenses for the SL1...
LOL......Canon 24mm f/2.8 IS USM lens attached to the SL1 got a good deal on it used over the summer and it's in excellent condition.
11-03-2015, 06:01 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
I figured I had the 24-70 range covered for FF with my Tamron 28-75 but I have to say this one looks damn sexy. Tempting!
It would be in my stable in a short while if it was less expensive. But it wouldn't look as good, nor perform as well, if it was

11-04-2015, 01:27 PM   #20
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
Sony's products has a distinct "modern" look and feel to them, but I didn't like the ergonomics
Any word from the Sony guys on the future of the Alpha system?
11-05-2015, 05:47 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by K David Quote
Any word from the Sony guys on the future of the Alpha system?
Them: "Look how shiny our FF mirrorless are!"

Me : "is that the newest model with improved stabilization?"

Them : "It's this one. No wait, that one here. Hold on, we got so many..."

True story except for the first line They did talk about the looks more than anything else. I agree their lenses have a nice modern look to them, look nicer than the Fuji ones (those look like cheap plastic to me, even though they're better than that). But the Sony reps were busier ogling the (very) cute girl from the Expo organization than talking about technical stuff.

They did not impress me as a group.
11-05-2015, 10:23 AM   #22
Site Supporter

They did talk about the looks more than anything else.
About three years ago Sony did a customer survey to find out how people were using their cameras. They found that, after one year, 23% (if memory serves) of their customers had been carrying their Sony cameras around with them and taken EXACTLY ZERO photos with them. They saw the Sony cameras as fashionable accessories, like a necklace or watch.
11-05-2015, 10:25 AM - 1 Like   #23
Pentaxian

About three years ago Sony did a customer survey to find out how people were using their cameras. They found that, after one year, 23% (if memory serves) of their customers had been carrying their Sony cameras around with them and taken EXACTLY ZERO photos with them. They saw the Sony cameras as fashionable accessories, like a necklace or watch.
Someone should come up with a Sony camera knockoff product for them. Just a shell with no guts inside and sell it for only half the price of the real deal.
Maybe this is how I'l finally strike it rich.

11-05-2015, 10:28 AM   #24
Pentaxian

Someone should come up with a Sony camera knockoff product for them. Just a shell with no guts inside and sell it for only half the price of the real deal.
Good luck!
11-05-2015, 11:14 AM   #25
Pentaxian

Someone should come up with a Sony camera knockoff produect for them. Just a shell with no guts inside and sell it for only half the price of the real deal.
Sell it twice the regular price if you want your product to have any appeal towards its targeted clientele .
11-05-2015, 11:22 AM   #26
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I think the sheer amount of models from Sony is designed in part to do that.
11-05-2015, 11:28 AM   #27
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Sell it twice the regular price if you want your product to have any appeal towards its targeted clientele .
My lack of savvy on issues like this is probably why I have not yet struck it rich.
11-05-2015, 11:31 AM   #28
Pentaxian

My lack of savvy on issues like this is probably why I have not yet struck it rich.
Fora are there to assist one another, aren't they?
11-05-2015, 12:10 PM - 1 Like   #29
Site Supporter

Actually, comparing it with the 60-250 (I can't believe I forgot to shoot a side by side pic) convinced me of why I like APS-C.
I switched to Canon for the FF experience.
THE reason I came back to Pentax was the size differential/quality ratio. Canon has great quality lenses...but they are huge. They have also small lens, but they are all plastic. Pentax APS-C combines the combines the two.
11-06-2015, 06:37 AM - 1 Like   #30
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by cali92rs Quote
THE reason I came back to Pentax was the size differential/quality ratio. Canon has great quality lenses...but they are huge. They have also small lens, but they are all plastic. Pentax APS-C combines the combines the two.
Seeing the 60-250 next to the 70-200 convinced me that for my lifestyle I don't want FF.