Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-23-2015, 11:43 AM   #376
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GMT +10
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,720
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
The problem with that being?
I think Ricoh continuing to display dummy cameras to the whole world is a bad look, particularly this late in the game. Gives the impression that they remain uncertain of what they are building.

11-23-2015, 11:48 AM   #377
Pentaxian
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 24,687
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
I think Ricoh continuing to display dummy cameras to the whole world is a bad look, particularly this late in the game. Gives the impression that they remain uncertain of what they are building.
Why do you think they are doing that?

I was under the impression we were seeing models from the line, that would go through the final testing before the line started up for a production run. That's a long way from a "dummy model."
11-23-2015, 11:48 AM   #378
Junior Member




Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Southern Ontario, Canada
Posts: 49
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
I don't think It was a mock-up more likely some stuff was left out (sensor, mirror), to no make it usable in case of theft.
This is not good. I know at least one forum member (starts with Mistral, ends in 75) who had plans on walking away with it/ running away with it/ casually sauntering away with it...
11-23-2015, 11:49 AM - 1 Like   #379
Pentaxian
bertwert's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Golden, BC
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,297
QuoteOriginally posted by DoubtingThomas Quote
This is not good. I know at least one forum member (starts with Mistral, ends in 75) who had plans on walking away with it/ running away with it/ casually sauntering away with it...

That plan may not work

11-23-2015, 11:52 AM   #380
Pentaxian
virusn3t's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 587
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
I think Ricoh continuing to display dummy cameras to the whole world is a bad look, particularly this late in the game. Gives the impression that they remain uncertain of what they are building.
Not to me, is a display, not a demo. When the first batch of the camera is made and QC is made to them, is safe to make a demo to make the public "feel" the final product. The oficial presentation is tbd until spring, so i do not expect to see a functional presentation until that day.
11-23-2015, 12:05 PM   #381
Pentaxian
RonHendriks1966's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,669
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
So what was on display in Paris was Plastic Lump v2.0, essentially.
Not very encouraging at all.
I guess we won't see the camera in spring, but at Photokina. In spring we will see the next stage of the mock-up.
11-23-2015, 12:08 PM   #382
Pentaxian
D1N0's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: ---
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,991
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I guess we won't see the camera in spring, but at Photokina. In spring we will see the next stage of the mock-up.
or NEVER Because it is a big hoax right?

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/56667850

Last edited by D1N0; 11-23-2015 at 12:21 PM.
11-23-2015, 12:21 PM - 1 Like   #383
Kiwi Pentaxian
NZ_Ross's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Timaru
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,091
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I guess we won't see the camera in spring, but at Photokina. In spring we will see the next stage of the mock-up.
It is spring here in New Zealand right now. First country to see the New Year (excepting some Pacific islands), and hopefully first country to see the new Pentax FF.

So, maybe this camera will be released in New Zealand any day now. You Northern Hemisphere Pentaxians will have to wait 6 months yet. We will be too busy out shooting our Pentax FF cameras in the lovely spring weather, and then into summer to worry too much about posting reviews on forums

11-23-2015, 12:23 PM   #384
Pentaxian
RonHendriks1966's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,669
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
I know you have problems with me and what I write. You think that all I say is negative about Pentax. In reality I do some times some research on things and try to be to the point.


You on the other hand always see the bright Sight in everything. You play your childish Pentax fancard over and over again. Fine with me. Just stick to things you can be real about. I don't chase you, so why would you do on me.
11-23-2015, 12:25 PM   #385
Junior Member




Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Southern Ontario, Canada
Posts: 49
QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
It is spring here in New Zealand right now. First country to see the New Year (excepting some Pacific islands), and hopefully first country to see the new Pentax FF.

So, maybe this camera will be released in New Zealand any day now. You Northern Hemisphere Pentaxians will have to wait 6 months yet. We will be too busy out shooting our Pentax FF cameras in the lovely spring weather, and then into summer to worry too much about posting reviews on forums
I do miss NZ...including Timaru ! Enjoy !
11-23-2015, 12:26 PM   #386
Site Supporter
Zygonyx's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ile de France
Posts: 3,001
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
I don't think It was a mock-up more likely some stuff was left out (sensor, mirror), to no make it usable in case of theft.
That's always been my thought
11-23-2015, 12:27 PM   #387
Pentaxian
RonHendriks1966's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,669
I'm not the first to write about the new Full Frame that could be expected maybe only at Photokina and not before. That was written at this forum already over half a year ago. It does seem more and more a real option.
11-23-2015, 12:32 PM - 1 Like   #388
Pentaxian
D1N0's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: ---
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,991
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I know you have problems with me and what I write. You think that all I say is negative about Pentax. In reality I do some times some research on things and try to be to the point.


You on the other hand always see the bright Sight in everything. You play your childish Pentax fancard over and over again. Fine with me. Just stick to things you can be real about. I don't chase you, so why would you do on me.
you have just earned yourself a place on my ignore list which contains exactly one person now
11-23-2015, 12:33 PM   #389
Kiwi Pentaxian
NZ_Ross's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Timaru
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,091
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I'm not the first to write about the new Full Frame that could be expected maybe only at Photokina and not before. That was written at this forum already over half a year ago. It does seem more and more a real option.
And if it is Photokina, it will be spring here in New Zealand again - can't miss really . Go Spring!!!!
11-23-2015, 12:45 PM   #390
Site Supporter
jatrax's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Oregon
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 10,547
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
It does seem more and more a real option.
Why? They said spring, what makes you think there will be another 6 month delay? If they do not show until Photokina 2016, then I think they should just forget it. But we have seen several times it stated that the camera is nearly complete. Maybe I missed something so I ask what makes you think no FF will be seen for 10 months?
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
a-lenses, aperture, battery, button, camera, connector, cricket, dials, display, duress, english, f-stop, interview, k-1, lens, lenses, name, nikon, owners, pentax, pentax k-1, pentax news, pentax rumors, pixels, record, screen, sense, shutter
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pentax Full Frame reveald at Salon de la Photo in Paris? RonHendriks1966 Pentax Full Frame 39 11-09-2015 06:14 AM
Pentax Full Frame confirmed at Salon de photo (Paris) redcat Pentax Full Frame 262 02-05-2015 08:35 AM
Surprises at Salon de la Photo, Paris (7 november) Asahiflex Pentax News and Rumors 152 11-12-2013 08:48 PM
Pentax at Le Salon de la Photo 2012 Nitrok Photographic Industry and Professionals 11 11-17-2012 05:08 PM
Salon de la Photos, Paris? benjikan Photographic Technique 6 08-05-2007 02:57 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:15 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top