Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-05-2015, 07:34 AM - 1 Like   #31
Site Supporter
jpzk's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Québec
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,258
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Yes but I think that, in this case, the French text, as well that in the newsletter, was translated from English and the original (English) word was 'specimen'.

The translator was most certainly a French Canadian since he/she wrote in French "la toute nouvelle HD PENTAX-D FA 24-70mm F2.8ED SDM WR" instead of "le tout nouveau", thus making an implicit reference to the Canadian French 'lentille', which is a feminine noun and the French Canadian translation of 'lens', instead of the French 'objectif', which is masculine.
What can I say ?
After all, we have our Frenh language over here!

We use the feminine to describe "La Caméra" and the masculine to describe the body of the camera as "Le boitier" and of course the same goes for "La lentille" or "un objectif" ... all of that nice and complicated French grammar.
Either way, we understand each others quite well when discussing "cameras and lenses" !

Going back to the main content of this thread : what a great "Pro" looking camera this is.
Can't wait to get more information, especially the specs.

JP

11-05-2015, 07:36 AM - 1 Like   #32
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GMT +10
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,844
With all this official revealing going on, I hope this means they will be updating the pentax.com teaser site sometime soon.
11-05-2015, 07:44 AM   #33
pid
Senior Member




Join Date: Jan 2010
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 160
o.k. now we want the official description and specs of the cam! Ricoh we are waiting!
11-05-2015, 07:50 AM   #34
Pentaxian
RonHendriks1966's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,714
They should ask their Nikon friend to make some proper images of the K-1 with his D600. ☺

Ricoh Imaging Benelux Facebook page in Dutch has 1261 Likes. So this is for The Netherlands and parts of Belgium.

11-05-2015, 08:13 AM   #35
Pentaxian
pete-tarmigan's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Conception Bay South, New-fun-land
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,007
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
The translator was most certainly a French Canadian since he/she wrote in French "la toute nouvelle HD PENTAX-D FA 24-70mm F2.8ED SDM WR" instead of "le tout nouveau", thus making an implicit reference to the Canadian French 'lentille', which is a feminine noun and the French Canadian translation of 'lens', instead of the French 'objectif', which is masculine.
In English-speaking Canada we are taught français parisien in school, which makes conversation challenging when speaking with Québecois or Québecoise. However, when the Québec regiments landed on the beaches of Normandy in 1944, they had no trouble conversing with les habitants.
11-05-2015, 08:16 AM   #36
Pentaxian
bertwert's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Golden, BC
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,481
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Yes but I think that, in this case, the French text, as well that in the newsletter, was translated from English and the original (English) word was 'specimen'.

The translator was most certainly a French Canadian since he/she wrote in French "la toute nouvelle HD PENTAX-D FA 24-70mm F2.8ED SDM WR" instead of "le tout nouveau", thus making an implicit reference to the Canadian French 'lentille', which is a feminine noun and the French Canadian translation of 'lens', instead of the French 'objectif', which is masculine.
Good analysis.
I speak reasonably good Canadian French, but sometimes have a little trouble with some words taking to France French people
11-05-2015, 08:18 AM   #37
Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Connecticut, USA
Posts: 874
Is this the same camera that was on display for the one day in the US? Anything new in the pictures that was not there before?
11-05-2015, 08:22 AM - 1 Like   #38
Pentaxian
D1N0's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: ---
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,350
yeah they used a piece of black duct tape to cover the K-1 sign instead of a little white sticker that comes of.

11-05-2015, 08:24 AM - 2 Likes   #39
Pentaxian
Mistral75's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Paris
Posts: 3,003
QuoteOriginally posted by pete-tarmigan Quote
In English-speaking Canada we are taught français parisien in school, which makes conversation challenging when speaking with Québecois or Québecoise. However, when the Québec regiments landed on the beaches of Normandy in 1944, they had no trouble conversing with les habitants.
Same in all languages I presume. When a British girl asks an American boy for a rubber ('eraser' in American English, where 'rubber' is synonym of 'condom'), she is potentially in trouble.

In Quebec, never ask a Québecois "combien de gosses as-tu ?" In metropolitan French 'gosse' is a familiar equivalent to 'child' and the whole sentence means "how many kids do you have?" whilst in Canadian French 'gosse' is the vulgar translation of 'testicle' and I let you imagine the result .
11-05-2015, 08:32 AM   #40
Pentaxian
bertwert's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Golden, BC
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,481
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Same in all languages I presume. When a British girl asks an American boy for a rubber ('eraser' in American English, where 'rubber' is synonym of 'condom'), she is potentially in trouble.

It's those Americans fault.
Many other British - American translations that are annoying.

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
In Quebec, never ask a Québecois "combien de gosses as-tu ?" In metropolitan French 'gosse' is a familiar equivalent to 'child' and the whole sentence means "how many kids do you have?" whilst in Canadian French 'gosse' is the vulgar translation of 'testicle' and I let you imagine the result .
Didn't know that, haven't heard the word 'gosse' before I just use 'enfants'.
11-05-2015, 08:45 AM   #41
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 178
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
It seems to be, based on a very crude analysis I performed using a quick scan of Facebook likes as a measure of national Pentax popularity around the world:

Ricoh Imaging US: 83000 likes
Ricoh Imaging FR: 21200 likes
Ricoh Imaging UK: 14100 likes
Ricoh Imaging Spain and Portugal: 8100 likes
Pentax Philippines: 7862
Ricoh Imaging Deutschland Österreich Schweiz: 5700
Pentax Australia: 3810 likes
Pentax Ricoh Imaging Nordic 165 likes ... now 166 :-) I never knew they had a FB page. I have looked for it previously but last time I checked I was sent off to the UK side, who would have nothing to do with us.

Anyway, we are quite an exclusive bunch up here in the north of Europe.
11-05-2015, 08:47 AM - 1 Like   #42
Pentaxian
bertwert's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Golden, BC
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,481
For the strikethrough use [strike] not <strike>
Actually it is:
[S]

Last edited by bertwert; 11-05-2015 at 09:06 AM.
11-05-2015, 08:47 AM   #43
Senior Member




Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 178
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
In Quebec, never ask a Québecois "combien de gosses as-tu ?" In metropolitan French 'gosse' is a familiar equivalent to 'child' and the whole sentence means "how many kids do you have?" whilst in Canadian French 'gosse' is the vulgar translation of 'testicle' and I let you imagine the result .
The usual answer would be "two"?
11-05-2015, 08:49 AM   #44
Pentaxian
Mistral75's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Paris
Posts: 3,003
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
(...)

Didn't know that, haven't heard the word 'gosse' before I just use 'enfants'.
We have a bunch of popular synonyms for usual words. 'Enfants' are also 'gosses', 'gamins', 'loupiots', 'mioches', 'mômes', "moutards", 'mouflets', 'lardons', 'chiards' and many more.

QuoteOriginally posted by H. Sapiens Quote
The usual answer would be "two"?
Or a punch in the nose, depending on the mood of the Québécois interlocutor. However, if the answer is politely "deux" ("two"), let's hope the Frenchman will avoid to reply "moi, je n'en ai pas" ("I have none").

Back to topic: these are Zygonix's 15 minutes of fame:

Pentax K-1 Pentax full frame DSLR on display | Photo Rumors

Last edited by Mistral75; 11-05-2015 at 09:07 AM.
11-05-2015, 08:49 AM   #45
Pentaxian
bertwert's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Golden, BC
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,481
QuoteOriginally posted by H. Sapiens Quote
The usual answer would be "two"?
J'ai trois...

---------- Post added 05-11-15 at 08:52 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Back to topic: these are Zygonix's 15 minutes of fame:

Pentax K-1 Pentax full frame DSLR on display | Photo Rumors
Apparently it will definitely be named K-1, everyone will be confused when it's announced K-16...
The next year they'll announce K-17, then next year K-18...

Each time it's delayed, they need to rename it...
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
a-lenses, aperture, battery, button, camera, connector, cricket, dials, display, duress, english, f-stop, interview, k-1, lens, lenses, name, nikon, owners, pentax, pentax k-1, pentax news, pentax rumors, pixels, record, screen, sense, shutter
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pentax Full Frame reveald at Salon de la Photo in Paris? RonHendriks1966 Pentax Full Frame 39 11-09-2015 06:14 AM
Pentax Full Frame confirmed at Salon de photo (Paris) redcat Pentax Full Frame 262 02-05-2015 08:35 AM
Surprises at Salon de la Photo, Paris (7 november) Asahiflex Pentax News and Rumors 152 11-12-2013 08:48 PM
Pentax at Le Salon de la Photo 2012 Nitrok Photographic Industry and Professionals 11 11-17-2012 05:08 PM
Salon de la Photos, Paris? benjikan Photographic Technique 6 08-05-2007 02:57 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:15 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top