Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 183 Likes Search this Thread
11-05-2015, 07:34 AM - 1 Like   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Yes but I think that, in this case, the French text, as well that in the newsletter, was translated from English and the original (English) word was 'specimen'.

The translator was most certainly a French Canadian since he/she wrote in French "la toute nouvelle HD PENTAX-D FA 24-70mm F2.8ED SDM WR" instead of "le tout nouveau", thus making an implicit reference to the Canadian French 'lentille', which is a feminine noun and the French Canadian translation of 'lens', instead of the French 'objectif', which is masculine.
What can I say ?
After all, we have our Frenh language over here!

We use the feminine to describe "La Caméra" and the masculine to describe the body of the camera as "Le boitier" and of course the same goes for "La lentille" or "un objectif" ... all of that nice and complicated French grammar.
Either way, we understand each others quite well when discussing "cameras and lenses" !

Going back to the main content of this thread : what a great "Pro" looking camera this is.
Can't wait to get more information, especially the specs.

JP

11-05-2015, 07:36 AM - 1 Like   #32
Veteran Member

With all this official revealing going on, I hope this means they will be updating the pentax.com teaser site sometime soon.
11-05-2015, 07:44 AM   #33
pid
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
o.k. now we want the official description and specs of the cam! Ricoh we are waiting!
11-05-2015, 07:50 AM   #34
Banned

They should ask their Nikon friend to make some proper images of the K-1 with his D600. ☺

Ricoh Imaging Benelux Facebook page in Dutch has 1261 Likes. So this is for The Netherlands and parts of Belgium.

11-05-2015, 08:13 AM   #35
Veteran Member

The translator was most certainly a French Canadian since he/she wrote in French "la toute nouvelle HD PENTAX-D FA 24-70mm F2.8ED SDM WR" instead of "le tout nouveau", thus making an implicit reference to the Canadian French 'lentille', which is a feminine noun and the French Canadian translation of 'lens', instead of the French 'objectif', which is masculine.
In English-speaking Canada we are taught français parisien in school, which makes conversation challenging when speaking with Québecois or Québecoise. However, when the Québec regiments landed on the beaches of Normandy in 1944, they had no trouble conversing with les habitants.
11-05-2015, 08:16 AM   #36
Veteran Member

Yes but I think that, in this case, the French text, as well that in the newsletter, was translated from English and the original (English) word was 'specimen'.

Good analysis.
I speak reasonably good Canadian French, but sometimes have a little trouble with some words taking to France French people
11-05-2015, 08:18 AM   #37
Veteran Member

Is this the same camera that was on display for the one day in the US? Anything new in the pictures that was not there before?

11-05-2015, 08:22 AM - 1 Like   #38
Pentaxian

yeah they used a piece of black duct tape to cover the K-1 sign instead of a little white sticker that comes of.
11-05-2015, 08:24 AM - 2 Likes   #39
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pete-tarmigan Quote
In English-speaking Canada we are taught français parisien in school, which makes conversation challenging when speaking with Québecois or Québecoise. However, when the Québec regiments landed on the beaches of Normandy in 1944, they had no trouble conversing with les habitants.
Same in all languages I presume. When a British girl asks an American boy for a rubber ('eraser' in American English, where 'rubber' is synonym of 'condom'), she is potentially in trouble.

In Quebec, never ask a Québecois "combien de gosses as-tu ?" In metropolitan French 'gosse' is a familiar equivalent to 'child' and the whole sentence means "how many kids do you have?" whilst in Canadian French 'gosse' is the vulgar translation of 'testicle' and I let you imagine the result .
11-05-2015, 08:32 AM   #40
Veteran Member

Same in all languages I presume. When a British girl asks an American boy for a rubber ('eraser' in American English, where 'rubber' is synonym of 'condom'), she is potentially in trouble.

It's those Americans fault.
Many other British - American translations that are annoying.

In Quebec, never ask a Québecois "combien de gosses as-tu ?" In metropolitan French 'gosse' is a familiar equivalent to 'child' and the whole sentence means "how many kids do you have?" whilst in Canadian French 'gosse' is the vulgar translation of 'testicle' and I let you imagine the result .
Didn't know that, haven't heard the word 'gosse' before I just use 'enfants'.
11-05-2015, 08:45 AM   #41
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
It seems to be, based on a very crude analysis I performed using a quick scan of Facebook likes as a measure of national Pentax popularity around the world:

Ricoh Imaging US: 83000 likes
Ricoh Imaging FR: 21200 likes
Ricoh Imaging UK: 14100 likes
Ricoh Imaging Spain and Portugal: 8100 likes
Pentax Philippines: 7862
Ricoh Imaging Deutschland Österreich Schweiz: 5700
Pentax Australia: 3810 likes
Pentax Ricoh Imaging Nordic 165 likes ... now 166 :-) I never knew they had a FB page. I have looked for it previously but last time I checked I was sent off to the UK side, who would have nothing to do with us.

Anyway, we are quite an exclusive bunch up here in the north of Europe.
11-05-2015, 08:47 AM - 1 Like   #42
Veteran Member

For the strikethrough use [strike] not <strike>
Actually it is:
[S]

Last edited by bertwert; 11-05-2015 at 09:06 AM.
11-05-2015, 08:47 AM   #43
Pentaxian

The usual answer would be "two"?
11-05-2015, 08:49 AM   #44
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
(...)

Didn't know that, haven't heard the word 'gosse' before I just use 'enfants'.
We have a bunch of popular synonyms for usual words. 'Enfants' are also 'gosses', 'gamins', 'loupiots', 'mioches', 'mômes', "moutards", 'mouflets', 'lardons', 'chiards' and many more.

QuoteOriginally posted by H. Sapiens Quote
Or a punch in the nose, depending on the mood of the Québécois interlocutor. However, if the answer is politely "deux" ("two"), let's hope the Frenchman will avoid to reply "moi, je n'en ai pas" ("I have none").

Back to topic: these are Zygonix's 15 minutes of fame:

Pentax K-1 Pentax full frame DSLR on display | Photo Rumors

Last edited by Mistral75; 11-05-2015 at 09:07 AM.
11-05-2015, 08:49 AM   #45
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by H. Sapiens Quote
J'ai trois...

---------- Post added 05-11-15 at 08:52 ----------

Back to topic: these are Zygonix's 15 minutes of fame:

Pentax K-1 Pentax full frame DSLR on display | Photo Rumors
Apparently it will definitely be named K-1, everyone will be confused when it's announced K-16...
The next year they'll announce K-17, then next year K-18...

Each time it's delayed, they need to rename it...