Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-05-2015, 10:02 AM - 1 Like   #61
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
It's a siege weapon. Some sort of trebuchet. Don't know how that relates to handsome testicles.
Look a little wider...
Couillard Name Meaning. French: from Old French coille 'testicle', hence a nickname for a man with large testicles, later (from the 16th century) for a lusty or vigorous man.
Couillard Name Meaning - Ancestry.com
Couillardancestry.com Name Meaning & Couillardancestry.com Family History at Ancestry.com Inc.

---------- Post added 2015-11-05 at 12:03 PM ----------

Indeed, looks like K-1 is a couillard camera

11-05-2015, 10:08 AM   #62
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by squareeyes Quote
11-05-2015, 10:15 AM - 1 Like   #63
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
Here it is, and stands up for now !

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/10321525@N07/22381445047/

More picts to come later.....
Thanks for taking the time to attend and post these images. That is very useful for those of us at the other side of the world
11-05-2015, 10:16 AM   #64
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
It's a siege weapon. Some sort of trebuchet. Don't know how that relates to handsome testicles.
Don't you?

The two things on the left, forming a split counterweight, are called 'huches' or 'bourses' (testicles) in French. Middle-Age and Renaissance people were pretty straightforward in their speaking.

Last edited by Mistral75; 11-05-2015 at 10:21 AM.
11-05-2015, 10:18 AM   #65
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by squareeyes Quote
Look a little wider...
Couillard Name Meaning. French: from Old French coille 'testicle', hence a nickname for a man with large testicles, later (from the 16th century) for a lusty or vigorous man.
Couillard Name Meaning - Ancestry.com
Couillardancestry.com Name Meaning & Couillardancestry.com Family History at Ancestry.com Inc.[COLOR="Silver"]
couilard = big balls = gros gosses, or is it grosses gosses (don't know if the word is masculine or feminine)

QuoteQuote:
Pentax is showing that it has the balls to compete in the FF market.

Or, some men will buy the new Pentax FF to advertise that they have big balls, i.e., you're not a "real" photographer unless you shoot with a FF or bigger.
11-05-2015, 10:22 AM - 1 Like   #66
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by H. Sapiens Quote
Pentax Ricoh Imaging Nordic 165 likes ... now 166 :-) I never knew they had a FB page. I have looked for it previously but last time I checked I was sent off to the UK side, who would have nothing to do with us.

Anyway, we are quite an exclusive bunch up here in the north of Europe.
And Pentaxianere i Norge (Pentaxians of Norway) on Facebook: Established in 2010 , now 629 members. (Norway has a population of approx 5 million people, like a suburb to Paris )
We have yearly gatherings , sometimes twice a year
11-05-2015, 10:29 AM   #67
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pete-tarmigan Quote
couilard = big balls = gros gosses, or is it grosses gosses (don't know if the word is masculine or feminine)

(...)
'Grosses gosses' i.e. feminine in that meaning as it derives from "gousse" (legume pod), which is feminine. 'Gosse' for child can be either masculine or feminine, depending on the child's gender.

I agree with the others: Pentax K-1 is definitely a 'couillu' camera ('couillard' is a noun, 'couillu' is the corresponding adjective). And it's couillu from Ricoh to dare to launch such a camera in the current depressed environment (macroeconomic + DSLRs).

11-05-2015, 10:33 AM - 1 Like   #68
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Negativity? On this forum? I haven't noticed
You think there was whining before it existed? Just wait and see what we get from a few resident malcontents now that it actually does.

"It's too big, too small, too many dials, not enough dials, too heavy, too many pixels, not enough pixels, too slow frame rate, it isn't a Sony (I know, that one should have come first )."

Last edited by Parallax; 11-05-2015 at 10:40 AM.
11-05-2015, 11:00 AM   #69
Veteran Member

Zygonyx

You've got your fame:
Pentax Full-Frame to be Named K-1 - Pentax Rumors | PentaxForums.com
11-05-2015, 11:24 AM   #70

Just wanted to apologize to forum members for making a mess. I had photo's posted to a Facebook page I setup for FF and got over excited and uploaded a thread straight onto our forum without realizing that there already was one.
11-05-2015, 11:28 AM - 1 Like   #71
Veteran Member

Maybe it is a detachable screen:
Digital camera
11-05-2015, 11:38 AM   #72
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Same in all languages I presume. When a British girl asks an American boy for a rubber ('eraser' in American English, where 'rubber' is synonym of 'condom'), she is potentially in trouble.

In Quebec, never ask a Québecois "combien de gosses as-tu ?" In metropolitan French 'gosse' is a familiar equivalent to 'child' and the whole sentence means "how many kids do you have?" whilst in Canadian French 'gosse' is the vulgar translation of 'testicle' and I let you imagine the result .
Yet most of us Québécois know what a "gosse" is

I have two of them :P
11-05-2015, 11:58 AM   #73
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Maybe it is a detachable screen:
Digital camera
Interesting...
11-05-2015, 12:05 PM   #74
Pentaxian

... very! But what about power. There is a lot of words about power saving features wrt SR, but I don't see any references to where it will get it's juice from. I don't have a clue how much a screen + wireless connection will need.
11-05-2015, 12:07 PM   #75
Veteran Member

Looks like it has a physical wire connecter that's detachable?

Not sure what the SR part is about...