11-05-2015, 01:09 PM - 8 Likes   #91
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
How do you accidentally know someone?
Alcohol.

11-05-2015, 01:09 PM   #92

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
I think this might help despite bad quality... seems no science fiction at this stage...
What is interesting is that this the first evidence, I've seen, of a fore and aft hinge point. This would allow a latch to swing outwards releasing the screen.
Brian
11-05-2015, 01:11 PM   #93
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I can't see what you've circled there...
You're not alone there…

a good old phone copper cable.
It could be a picture of Jesus…

How do you accidentally know someone?
Clearly, it wasn't knowing in the Biblical sense…
11-05-2015, 01:13 PM   #94
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
You're not alone there…
Good...
I have very good vision but a blurry pixelated photo

11-05-2015, 02:18 PM   #95
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Same in all languages I presume. When a British girl asks an American boy for a rubber ('eraser' in American English, where 'rubber' is synonym of 'condom'), she is potentially in trouble.

In Quebec, never ask a Québecois "combien de gosses as-tu ?" In metropolitan French 'gosse' is a familiar equivalent to 'child' and the whole sentence means "how many kids do you have?" whilst in Canadian French 'gosse' is the vulgar translation of 'testicle' and I let you imagine the result .
Yeah ... 2 seems to be right!
11-05-2015, 02:34 PM   #96
Veteran Member

For the rear screen to be removable, it would need power. Power means battery. Battery means extra thickness.

In all the photos I've seen so far of the Pentax FF, the flippy screen doesn't seem thick enough to host a battery.

But then again, there are big-screen smart phones which are less than 10mm thin, so it's not impossible that a Pentax rear LCD could also host a very thin lithium battery.
11-05-2015, 02:36 PM   #97
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
I'm still hoping for an additional grip part as well to go on the camera base, for my big hands.

11-05-2015, 02:39 PM   #98
Pentaxian

First of all here seems to be a lot of balls on this thread. Second of all, great to see this bad boy back there underneath the glass.

What RAWR said, there is quite small mobilephobes now a days. And with good batterylife. But how and why..? Anyway if you can recharge your mobilephone wireless, why not that kind a display..sounds quite out there thou.
11-05-2015, 02:57 PM - 1 Like   #99
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by zapp Quote
what is this facebook people are talking about?
A rather evil company that plans to take over the open Internet by creating a 'walled garden' of mainly user-provided interactive content, and which uses sophisticated databases of personal user information to help advertisers, partner companies (and governments) profile users, then monitor their interactions and behaviour.

I try to avoid it as much as possible, but they have managed to 'fence-in' a lot of Internet content that I sometimes want to access.
11-05-2015, 04:14 PM   #100
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
In Quebec, never ask a Québecois "combien de gosses as-tu ?" In metropolitan French 'gosse' is a familiar equivalent to 'child' and the whole sentence means "how many kids do you have?" whilst in Canadian French 'gosse' is the vulgar translation of 'testicle' and I let you imagine the result .
Imagine the confusion when the answer is "I have only one. I got cancer a few years ago and had to get the other removed."
11-05-2015, 04:20 PM   #101
Veteran Member

I think this might help despite bad quality... seems no science fiction at this stage...
Here are some images from the NY PhotoPlus show of the rear LCD:

11-05-2015, 05:00 PM   #102

Fully detachable as per patent? But probably you can leave it parked on camera and control the FF from your iphone?????
11-05-2015, 05:02 PM   #103
Veteran Member

well, looks like they can't hold off calling it K-1 now
11-05-2015, 05:06 PM   #104
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Looks large.
11-05-2015, 05:11 PM   #105
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mwilky55 Quote
Looks large.
By what standards?
It looks about the same size as the K10D, and perhaps a little thicker due to the rear LCD. That would make it one of the smallest FF DSLR's on the market, if no THE smallest.