Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 183 Likes Search this Thread
11-07-2015, 11:14 AM   #181
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Thank you. However, I don't think I always succeed in conveying intent or subtleties - and if my direct style gives an impression or rudeness, I apologize.
This isn't really your problem per say, but in others reading what you said and misconstruing what you truly meant. It happens to everyone online because many people read into whatever someone says or don't read entire paragraphs and, whatever they read, is usually done so with a negative outlook at the start. As if everyone is out to get them.

As (one of many) example, I've had it happen here where I defended someone and then got jumped on by people saying I shouldn't attack the someone I was actually defending. surreal.

We're all singular people trying to express ourselves through a dynamic system of verbal and non verbal communication.. misunderstandings happen. But for some people, they seem to happen more than not (and just to be clear, that isn't directed at you Kunzite!).

11-07-2015, 11:23 AM   #182
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rod_grant Quote
Well said NZ Ross.
I realise the duress that you are under, given the cricket over the past three days.
Thanks Mate. We are still celebrating the rugby over here - it is just one big party. Is there a cricket game on somewhere?

---------- Post added 08-11-15 at 07:24 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
(Don't mention the Rugby....)
whoops, I did
11-07-2015, 11:25 AM   #183
bxf
Veteran Member

I don't think I always succeed in conveying intent or subtleties
Hmmm, sure had me fooled all these years

On a more serious note, speaking as someone who sometimes has to hold himself back from acting as The Grammar Police (though not so much on PF, thankfully): you are doing just fine. Very fine.
11-07-2015, 11:28 AM   #184
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
developed a teaser microsite specifically for the FF (and linked to it from Ricoh Imaging Japan's home page);
It is the teaser microsite that has swung it for me. That level of commitment shows that Ricoh are clearly going to produce a Pentax K mount Full Frame camera

11-07-2015, 12:14 PM   #185
Veteran Member

I really love all the discussion and conjecture that's been going on here, and I suspect much of it may prove to be accurate. Well, I checked my inventory of lenses, and I do have one that's FF compatible - my SMC-FA 50mm f/1.4. I also suspect that the new FF will be offered with a "kit" lens of some sort. It's ironic, I think, that I started my SLR experience back in the 1980s with a Pentax FF and a 50mm lens - the Pentax K-1000. I got along with that pretty well. Now I may find myself contemplating the same basic configuration, albeit with ultramodern technology.

Well, Pentax - just tell me how much it's going to cost me to have the newest and most bad-ass pro-sumer camera on the market. I need to save my pennies. I have two concerns other than the initial cost, though. 1) I'm going to have to get some new lenses, since all the rest I own now are APS-C size. Yes, I know the camera will have a crop function, but I might as well continue to use my K3 if I'm limited to that. 2) It's going to be a "Monday" camera. I'm concerned that if I buy too soon, I'll be alpha-testing an as yet untried product and there may be a plethora of bugs which will need to be ironed out via firmware or repairs. My K5 had the sensor spots, and my K3 had the runaway mirror problem. Both problems have since been fixed, but it was annoying to have to deal with those defects on the initial run for both cameras. I'm thinking it may be wise to sit on the sidelines for a while and let some other buyers work out any wrinkles. I'm also sure the initial price may be discounted a bit as time goes on. B&H - don't salivate over my dollars just yet, OK?

John

PENTAX : PENTAX Photo Gallery artist page
11-07-2015, 03:01 PM - 4 Likes   #186
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by roberrl Quote
My local Pentax dealer has just told me that FF has been cancelled due to low sales forecasts.
He's been a reasonably reliable source in the past.
Please don't shoot the messenger, I'm simply reporting what I've been told.

and
11-07-2015, 03:06 PM - 1 Like   #187
Veteran Member

You have exceeded the maximum smilies per post, your punishment is to send the FF camera and some lenses to me.

11-07-2015, 03:08 PM   #188
Veteran Member

Damn it!!!! haha
11-07-2015, 03:10 PM   #189
Veteran Member

You have used inappropriate language, your punishment is to send the FF camera and some lenses to me.
11-07-2015, 03:12 PM - 3 Likes   #190
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Pentax allowing the usage of K and M lenses should be seen as adequate support.
If no one says anything they surely won't think anyone cares. But some people care, quite a lot. I do want to use old lenses, this is true, but it's not just that. I want to use aperture rings. Always. On new lenses too.

If Nikon didn't make their cameras suck in other ways I would be shooting Nikon, where you do get to use the aperture ring on (almost) any lens that has it (with proper camera support). (And I would have no problem getting all the lenses I want with aperture rings.)

I still choose Pentax, but not because I think they're perfect. I want them to be better.

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
K-mount isn't crippled. K and M lenses are.
Nonsense. The lens tells the mount what (relative) aperture you selected, the mount chooses to to not listen to this information. This is a problem of the mount, not the lens.

Cut it out. I'm simply trying to ascertain what we can reasonably expect, and why. I'm not an "enemy of the people".
Though the FF - due to being a higher margin product - is in the best position to offer this marginal and for many useless feature.
I don't expect uncrippled mount, but I hope for it. All cameras have features that most users find useless, because that's the nature of features. If you take all of those away you have a camera that no one will buy.
11-07-2015, 03:28 PM   #191
Pentaxian

drougge, why don't you get yourself a Leica SL or one of the Sony Alpha 7 series and give us a break?
11-07-2015, 03:49 PM   #192
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
drougge, why don't you get yourself a Leica SL or one of the Sony Alpha 7 series and give us a break?
Neither the Leica SL not the A7 series seem to provide anything even resembling what I want. Let me be clear: I want an aperture ring on the lens, and I want an OVF where I can see what aperture I selected using this ring, and of course the metering to work properly with the aperture held open so I can focus. This is not an exhaustive list, just what's relevant to this particular complaint.

If you want to be rid of me to some other manufacturer Nikon would be it. They (and as far as I can tell only they) provide this, but I still don't like their cameras.

But I'm not going anywhere. Maybe away from the forum, no doubt to the delight of people who find me offensive, but not from Pentax cameras. I will try to avoid posting more on this subject in this particular thread.
11-07-2015, 04:20 PM   #193
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by drougge Quote
Neither the Leica SL not the A7 series seem to provide anything even resembling what I want. Let me be clear: I want an aperture ring on the lens, and I want an OVF where I can see what aperture I selected using this ring, and of course the metering to work properly with the aperture held open so I can focus. This is not an exhaustive list, just what's relevant to this particular complaint.

If you want to be rid of me to some other manufacturer Nikon would be it. They (and as far as I can tell only they) provide this, but I still don't like their cameras.

But I'm not going anywhere. Maybe away from the forum, no doubt to the delight of people who find me offensive, but not from Pentax cameras. I will try to avoid posting more on this subject in this particular thread.
There is room for you here.
I think you want to be able to use the aperture ring to select the aperture - correct? I would love to see that and the ability to use m lenses without green button metering. Nikon offers some higher end bodies with additional backwards compatibility so I see the logic.
11-07-2015, 04:54 PM   #194
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by drougge Quote
Nonsense. The lens tells the mount what (relative) aperture you selected, the mount chooses to to not listen to this information. This is a problem of the mount, not the lens.
the wheelchair tells the stairs what slope it can manage. The stairs choose not to listen to the wheelchair. This is the problem of the stairs......
11-07-2015, 06:15 PM   #195
Veteran Member

Stop down metering is fine by me. Just being able to use takumars and m lenses is a bonus not a necessity for me. I cant wait to see taks on ff.